blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Managing and separating bankroll
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Managing and separating bankroll  (Read 2757 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »

Anyone got any tips Or experience on managing and separating bankrolls across accounts.?

I barely play online so when i do i just deposit what i need (for sats and small schedules etc.)

I mainly play live but have never really kept separate accounts for life expenses, poker bankroll etc. i just play what i want to, sell pieces when i think i need to and run everything out of one bank account.  I should really commit a poker bankroll now i am playing more regularly but not really sure the best way to manage it. I think i am just going to get another current account to separate things but does anyone have any tips? I.e are there any easy online ways of managing and moving money around, am i missing anything? What do others do?

TIA.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »

I guess sites like money bookers are good for moving money between sites. I don't use it so don't know I have a seperate bank for poker and tend to keep account balances low (because I always lose) then deposit (often) and withdraw (rarely) when needed.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »

There was a huge debate on Alex's diary about this.

Think the consensus was left pocket life roll, right pocket poker roll. Could've been the other way round tho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »

Think the consensus was left pocket life roll, right pocket poker roll. Could've been the other way round tho

Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »

The main thing is to record every session and tournament you play, so you know where you are. That way if you dip into your poker roll to buy something, or use your life roll to buy into a comp you still know how much you should have in your bankroll.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »

The main thing is to record every session and tournament you play, so you know where you are. That way if you dip into your poker roll to buy something, or use your life roll to buy into a comp you still know how much you should have in your bankroll.

Used to do that years ago and enjoyed it but really cba loading the laptop up each day. Anyone recommend an app? Or is there an editable spreadsheet programme on ipad?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »

Used to do that years ago and enjoyed it but really cba loading the laptop up each day. Anyone recommend an app? Or is there an editable spreadsheet programme on ipad?

I used to use Pokercharts years ago, but that was long before iPads Cheesy

pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 12:49:57 AM »

I'm in very much the same boat Junior, never kept them seperate although would kinda like to really, but then again if both life and poker finances are stable, then is there really a need to?  As has been said, a record, even a basic one of what game played - profit/loss, is surely the most important thing to do to keep track.  I did that once upon a time for well over a year on the hendon mob poker diary, can seperate game types, times, stakes, everything really, could update it on mobile web but was a bit of a faff, in the end I stopped doing it just because I cba.  If there was an easy quick to use app that I knew about I'd be using it...... Anyone?

I've never got it.....ever
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:52:43 AM »

Bumped cause it didn't get enough love.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:49 PM »

pokerincome app for live, HEM for tracking online

Have downloaded and will give it a try. Hadn't even seen it before thanks

I've never got it.....ever
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »

Bumped cause it didn't get enough love.

His gets funnier as he gets older

tbf, it's all just one roll, thinking any other way is just typical boys club, write lists, do spreadsheets kinda stuff

sola virtus nobilitat
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »

The easiest way is just open a separate bank account.
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »

Dick has 500 pounds a week

Dick needs 350 pounds a week to feed his family, run his car etc

Dick likes to save 50 pounds a week for his retirement

Dick has 100 pounds a week to spunk on poker

If Dick wins at poker he has extra money to spend on other things, or more poker (we all know what Dick will chose)

If Dick loses at poker he has to wait another week (poor Dick, use the time to do some studying)

Replace names, timescales and figures as required for your own individual requirements

Too simple?Huh?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »

The easiest way is just open a separate bank account.

Disagree, brings its own hassles and limitations

So your suggestion is....?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »

Tracking your sessions accurately.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: