blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Selling it like it is. Sale Cancelled.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selling it like it is. Sale Cancelled.  (Read 19213 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »

Am happy with 15 or 20 Tom just let me know and happy to chop mine exactly with Doobs 10% so if I have 15% we both get 12.5 just let me know itt and pm me bank deets

And run good obv Wink

Argh!

This is fast becoming the most confusing staking thread ever. Why do I always make simple things complicated?

This is how I think we stand at the moment.

Tony - 10% (I'll take a chance and say he's confirmed).

redsimon - 10%
flushthemout - 5%

Eso Kral - 15% confirmed.

Doobs - 10% if that's OK.

confirmed, pm bank if you're not at dusk tonight and ill ship it over AM Saturday

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »

Am happy with 15 or 20 Tom just let me know and happy to chop mine exactly with Doobs 10% so if I have 15% we both get 12.5 just let me know itt and pm me bank deets

And run good obv Wink

Argh!

This is fast becoming the most confusing staking thread ever. Why do I always make simple things complicated?

This is how I think we stand at the moment.

Tony - 10% (I'll take a chance and say he's confirmed).

redsimon - 10%
flushthemout - 5%

Eso Kral - 15% confirmed.

Doobs - 10% if that's OK.

confirmed, pm bank if you're not at dusk tonight and ill ship it over AM Saturday

Cheers Simon. I'll PM soon.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

I'll take 5% Tom. Would really like to see you play and do well in this.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

Daft old bugger.

I've been thinking about it some more Rich, and what it boils down to is this.

If I could say "I'm selling 50% at 1.2 but I'll be playing regardless" then the mark up wouldn't worry me, but saying in essence."If you don't buy I can't play" is kind of exploiting people's good nature.

Do you see what I mean?

the reason you are selling if not to mitigate some variance whilst providing a good value deal for others is because you cant afford to play otherwise.

i'd much prefer to see someone acknowledge that than say yeh i'm playing 1 drop obv playing whatever but if you want you can buy at 1.ridiculous

Everyone on the staking board has to make their own value judgements and if many people who know you in person are willing to pay 1.2 then reduce some of your own outlay as 550 is a big tournament. The fact you umm and arrrr over the morality is a positive towards people wanting to back you. You are offering a lower mu here than by selling 100% and keeping X% of yourself.

GL if you play, make sure to cooler people and win flips.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »

I'll take 5% Tom. Would really like to see you play and do well in this.

I think I'm sold out, pending conformation Alex, but thanks all the same.

It's brave of you to have a punt considering my performance the last time we shared a table. I must have looked like the weakest player in the world.

I was cringing with embarrassment, passing hand after hand to your raises for hour upon hour, but I couldn't do anything else. I was dying to play back at you but I was totally card dead and I needed a proper hand because the guy to my left in seat one never passed a single time. Not once.

I was mightily impressed by your performance though.

I was going to write a piece comparing the Alex of 3 or 4 years ago to the Alex of today, but I decided against it in the end because I would have been overly rude on the one hand and more complimentary than is seemly on the other.

I bet those 3 or 4 years seem like ages to you. For me they've slipped by in the twinkling on an eye.

Good luck on your travels. Don't be a stranger.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »

Will take 20 at 1.0.  If you sell 60 at this price, your cost will be the same.  Nobody ever felt guilty at selling at 1.0.  Good luck.

Thanks. (Your maths seem wrong btw, I was selling 60 at 1.2 so selling 60 at 1.0 can't be the same can it? (Please let it be the same).

First of all I need to ask the original buyers if they want to stand on at 1.0

If they do it will mean that 40% has gone.

In a fit of manliness and self belief, I have decided that I should keep 50% of myself. You are very welcome to the remaining 10%.

Sorry thought you were selling 50 at 1.2.  Will take the 10.  Please send bank details.  Thanks

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »

Daft old bugger.

If I could say "I'm selling 50% at 1.2 but I'll be playing regardless" then the mark up wouldn't worry me, but saying in essence."If you don't buy I can't play" is kind of exploiting people's good nature.

Do you see what I mean?

the reason you are selling if not to mitigate some variance whilst providing a good value deal for others is because you cant afford to play otherwise.

i'd much prefer to see someone acknowledge that than say yeh i'm playing 1 drop obv playing whatever but if you want you can buy at 1.ridiculous

Everyone on the staking board has to make their own value judgements and if many people who know you in person are willing to pay 1.2 then reduce some of your own outlay as 550 is a big tournament. The fact you umm and arrrr over the morality is a positive towards people wanting to back you. You are offering a lower mu here than by selling 100% and keeping X% of yourself.

When I played the UKPC I took a jacket especially for putting on when I was all in.

It worked 3 times on day 1 and then like a fool I forgot to bring the bloody thing on day 2.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

Will take 20 at 1.0.  If you sell 60 at this price, your cost will be the same.  Nobody ever felt guilty at selling at 1.0.  Good luck.

Thanks. (Your maths seem wrong btw, I was selling 60 at 1.2 so selling 60 at 1.0 can't be the same can it? (Please let it be the same).

First of all I need to ask the original buyers if they want to stand on at 1.0

If they do it will mean that 40% has gone.

In a fit of manliness and self belief, I have decided that I should keep 50% of myself. You are very welcome to the remaining 10%.

Sorry thought you were selling 50 at 1.2.  Will take the 10.  Please send bank details.  Thanks

Thanks Doobs.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 08:48:17 PM »

Daft old bugger.

Do you see what I mean?

When I played the UKPC I took a jacket especially for putting on when I was all in.

It worked 3 times on day 1 and then like a fool I forgot to bring the bloody thing on day 2.

pfttttt amateur :p
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »

too much contemplating itt! you playing or what? :-)
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 09:53:25 PM »

too much contemplating itt! you playing or what? :-)

I reckon so.

You?

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 09:56:26 PM »

yes tomorrow. see you there!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 10:00:12 PM »

Not been this confused since I read an Alex Martin post on the PHA.

Tom!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »

Tom,

Happy to take my 10%, but if you don't mind, & he does not mind, I'll split it 50/50 with Alex.

Either way, 10% if available, please.

I still want a Tourney Report though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 12:05:47 AM »

Is this a RSQ?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: