blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:42:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Selling it like it is II. Mission Improbable. Sold Out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selling it like it is II. Mission Improbable. Sold Out!  (Read 6843 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »

With my confidence soaring to just above ground level after 2 cashes from my last two outings, I’m thinking of playing the £440 GPS in Sheffield.

Sheffield is my home town. My alma mater.

As an infant she kept me safe, hiding my waste-ground home behind her omnipresent industrial estates, shrouding me in her thick, warm smog, suckling me at her soot stained breast.

When I was a boy, she watched over me while I played and she educated me as I worked the knocker on the countless thousands of terraced houses that clung steadfastly to the steep slopes of her seven hills. One arched passageway through grimy red brick gave access to four houses. Each house had a six-foot square cobbled ‘garden’, a tin bath hanging on the wall, and a clothesline strung between the kitchen end and the outside toilet.

The people behind the doors were as tough and dour as their dwellings, but she taught me that if you could find a way past the threshold, there was always some warmth on the inside.

When I was a young man, she gave me my freedom. My first drink, my first cigarette, my first girlfriend, my first fistfight, and my first run in with the law.

She gave me tough love. When I was arrogant, she slapped me down, dampening my spirit beneath her grey, rain laden skies and crushing my conceit beneath the weight of her dark oppressive winters. But if I was feeling I was sad and withdrawn she would open her heavy outer garments and draw me once again to her soft welcoming bosom.

She could thaw my frozen soul before the open door of a steel foundry blast furnace, or cool my fevered brow beside an achingly beautiful waterfall in the Rivelin valley.

I carry the essence of her with me always.

Poker aside, its time I paid her a visit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:28:48 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »

Blimey.

Just need some detail now.

Reserve 10% for me, please, Tom. I'll probably not take it, out of spite, but grant me that pleasure please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

Cue 8 pages of dithering by Tom.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »

5 please, but only at a markup!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »

5 please, but only at a markup!

Trust you to stick your nose in.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »

Might as well spin down the winnings from the weekend with a 10ball pls Wink

10%

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »

Must be the first staking request where the OP is only "thinking" of playing the event he wants staking for...

...and is still getting buyers

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »

Oops!

I got a bit carried away reminiscing about Sheffield and forgot to add the nitty gritty.

I want to sell 50% of myself at spot but won't be offended if someone wants to add a little bit of mark-up to help with expenses.

I probably should give first option to those poor misguided souls that I laughing refer to as my previous 'Investors', but I'm fine with anything that doesn't put any noses out of joint. (No Papertits pun intended).

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:00:10 PM »

Just love the way you write. Lets be clear though i will NOT be suckered in to this proposal and the impending farce that will surely ensue.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »

Smiley

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »

Oops!

I got a bit carried away reminiscing about Sheffield and forgot to add the nitty gritty.

I want to sell 50% of myself at spot but won't be offended if someone wants to add a little bit of mark-up to help with expenses.

I probably should give first option to those poor misguided souls that I laughing refer to as my previous 'Investors', but I'm fine with anything that doesn't put any noses out of joint. (No Papertits pun intended).

Personal attack, bang out of order, please don't insult Cos Conk.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »

Just love the way you write. Lets be clear though i will NOT be suckered in to this proposal and the impending farce that will surely ensue.

Now there speaks a wise man. I think I've semi-cocked it up already.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »

10% please, @.......

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

Oops!

Personal attack, bang out of order, please don't insult Cos Conk.

I wouldn't dare, it's bigger than me.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »

Against my better judgement and previous comments i will take 5 please.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: