blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:17:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal vs chelsea (spoiler if youre avoiding the score)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal vs chelsea (spoiler if youre avoiding the score)  (Read 8552 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »

The biggest shame about this whole saga is that it has taken away from the fact arsenal turned up for a big pat on the back party and got a proper spanking.

(Pull pin. Stand well back...)

Arsenal turned up ?

sola virtus nobilitat
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

The biggest shame about this whole saga is that it has taken away from the fact arsenal turned up for a big pat on the back party and got a proper spanking.

(Pull pin. Stand well back...)

it's like when we destroyed a decent Hull side 4-1. All anyone wanted to talk about was our prick of a manager because he headbutted someone.

As a Newcastle fan as I so furious nobody wanted to congratulate us on how good we were, so with that in mind, to all Chelsea fans:

You were fucking magnificent. You absolutely destroyed a very decent Arsenal side and you should be commended for it.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »

Yeah...about that...

I'm a spurs fan Cheesy

I'd be quite happy if they both lost 6-0 but that can't happen, so I'll have to be content with just arsenal

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »

You were fucking magnificent. You absolutely destroyed a very decent Arsenal side and you should be commended for it.

Really unsure about this descent into reasonable perspectives in a footie thread

sola virtus nobilitat
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »

I can't really say anything without it looking like bias, but...

There's two reasons why I don't think the red should have been rescinded:

1) The rules say it should be where the ref made an obvious mistake and Mariner made what was objectively at that speed a reasonable decision. It's only from the one angle on tv that you can see it's going wide. That shouldn't be enough to overturn it.

2) If someone gives me a bag of sugar and tells me it is a kilo of Columbia's finest, I can get stopped by the police and charged with possession of cocaine. What matters is what I think I'm doing, not whether it was actually possible. Ox genuinely believed it was going in and he stopped it with his hand. He should get the penalty that reflects that.

I dont think this is the case as far as im aware, the police would test the drugs and if they found it to be sugar even if you thought it was cocaine you would not be in trouble.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:07 PM »

1) The rules say it should be where the ref made an obvious mistake and Mariner made what was objectively at that speed a reasonable decision. It's only from the one angle on tv that you can see it's going wide. That shouldn't be enough to overturn it.

2) If someone gives me a bag of sugar and tells me it is a kilo of Columbia's finest, I can get stopped by the police and charged with possession of cocaine. What matters is what I think I'm doing, not whether it was actually possible. Ox genuinely believed it was going in and he stopped it with his hand. He should get the penalty that reflects that.

I dont think this is the case as far as im aware, the police would test the drugs and if they found it to be sugar even if you thought it was cocaine you would not be in trouble.

Someone told me Tal is a barrister......God help his clients if he is!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:52 PM »

I said Barista

sola virtus nobilitat
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »

I said Barista

weeeeeeeeeeeeee wpwpwpwp
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 09:45:33 PM »

Really unsure about this descent into reasonable perspectives in a footie thread

I was shaking my head and tutting as I typed it.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »

I'm no barrister but I would be pretty sure (around about 99%) that u would not be charged. You would be arrested, the "substance" would be tested and you would be released because it is not illegal to deal sugar.

Should you be convicted of drink driving if you have a couple of beers "think" that you are over the limit and drive but when you are pulled and breatherlized you blow under?? ( I don't in anyway condone drink driving before anyone asks!!)

Ox might of thought he was denying a goal scoring opportunity but he wasn't. Therefore it would be treated as just a deliberate handball which carries a yellow.

And it makes me laugh all this if he played for a smaller club then he would be banned that is complete codshit!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »

I said Barista

Lol. Both wrong. Nirvana closer Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »

I'm being a little twee, but you would be charged with an attempt of the offence, I believe, so it would need to be selling the stuff.

There is a difference between a legal impossibility and a factual impossibility. Dan, I'm sure there's a dealer somewhere knocking out wraps of sugar for £30 to students with no idea. If he believed it was coke, he is technically guilty in the eyes of the law of a criminal offence. It's a reasonably well held principle in other jurisdictions, I believe (always happy to be put right on these things. Was along time ago that I was at uni)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:04:09 PM by Tal » Logged

dan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »

The reason I believe that you would not be charged is I remember watching one of those police documentaries on tv once where they follow them around with a camera and a numpty bought what he believed to be a wrap of coke or whatever and the police nicked him. He got arrested for possession of a class A drug. When it was tested it turned out to be cornflower pmsl. They had to release he without charge.

Not quite sure how we have got here but it kinda helps me forget how woeful we were on Saturday. I hope the Ox bangs in 2 tomorrow lol
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

When the police fit people up on drug sales, they get genuine drugs out of the lock up to make sure the buyer has the proper stuff on them.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »

Yes, that's because like the Americans have felonies and misdemeanors, we have two types in our legal system. Possession of is in one and possession with intent to supply is in the other. You can't be done for conspiracy to exceed the speed limit.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: