blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159559 times)
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 28, 2017, 11:54:16 PM »

I really enjoyed the season. Previously I had close to zero interest in all the white walker bits, but now its all here, i'm finding myself enjoying it.

How did everyone interpret the final scene, and the lead up to it. Bran was warging before the final scene right? Or at least having visions.

Does everyone take that as him viewing everything happening now, or is it possible that hes seen into the future and the wall coming down still hasn't actually happened yet? Maybe he can warm them and they can be a little better prepared?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 29, 2017, 12:09:24 AM »

Finally managed to watch it from the campsite after all streaming attempts failed and I had to download it from Sky Go at a snails pace.  Then, just as Sansa passed judgement on Littlefinger and Arya moved in it came up with 'there's something wrong with the download, please download again'.  FML

3 more hours of download time later, and still spoiler free after avoiding Facebook, I managed to watch the last 20 minutes.

Fabulous episode from start to finish.  Hugely satisfying to see Littlefinger's demise, but now hoping that Tormund is still around in series 8.

Intriguing shots of Tyrion looking crestfallen as Jon and Dany did the cabin boogie together, and presumably Jaime has turned tail and headed back to King's Landing.

So much to enjoy in that episode, and it feels even more satisfying after the trials of trying to watch it.

Spotted that The Wire is back on catch up again, so will have to satisfy myself with a re-watch of that, plus Tin Star and Westworld Series 2 as a start point until the final series returns.  6 episodes feels painfully brief, but if they're feature length like this one then it should make for a great final series.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 29, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »

Can't help but laugh at Bronn, direct, straight to the point and no fucking about, proper northerner. Today it was about 'cock'  Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 29, 2017, 08:23:01 AM »

Game of Thrones season eight: 10 big questions the final series must answer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-season-8-big-questions-final-series-must-answer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 29, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »

Another funny one

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/tv-radio/2017/08/game-of-thrones-7-jon-dany-sex

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 29, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »

Game of Thrones: has this flawed, spectacular show become too big to fail?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/28/game-of-thrones-season-seven-finale-has-this-flawed-spectacular-show-become-too-big-to-fail?CMP=twt_gu

My eyes are open wide
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 29, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

Seemed a very lazy way of covering the whole Jon Snow back  story when Sam just said oh yeah Ned's sister got married I read it in a book.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: August 29, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »

Seemed a very lazy way of covering the whole Jon Snow back  story when Sam just said oh yeah Ned's sister got married I read it in a book.

Quite good though the way they did it simultaneously with Jon boning his Aunt though
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 29, 2017, 01:49:18 PM »

through seven seasons,if there was one dead character you would want back..who and why?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 29, 2017, 02:22:41 PM »

Why isn’t the plan for a mass migration to Essos?

When do people just realise it's all Tyrion's fault? No ice dragon ,and we still have a wall, if he doesn't want to send Snowcean's Seven north of the wall to capture a wight

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 29, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »

I'd quite like to see Margaery Tyrell back :whistle:  Joffrey was entertaining and I'd like to see how far Rob could have got.  The Red Wedding was no way to go for our hero.

For things that wouldn't necessarily effect the entire history of the world, I'd like to undo the burning of Stannis's Daughter because it was the saddest thing in the whole program.  

Do you think the guy that plays Jon Snow has met Jamie, Cersei or other Kings Landing people before?    It's filmed in locations all around the world and perhaps they've never had a reason to meet up before.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 29, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »

Why isn’t the plan for a mass migration to Essos?

When do people just realise it's all Tyrion's fault? No ice dragon ,and we still have a wall, if he doesn't want to send Snowcean's Seven north of the wall to capture a wight

I assume the dragon could fly over water and would get to Essos without too much of an issue? 

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: August 29, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »

through seven seasons,if there was one dead character you would want back..who and why?

For purely aesthetic reasons, the hooker that fed info to Varys, who ended up at the pointy end of crossbow practice for Joffrey.

For character reasons Joffrey as he was just evil for the sake of it - genuinely nuts with no plan. The bad people since generally did bad things for logical reasons (Cersei, Littlefinger).

Also sad to see Margaery go, as no one else (not even Dany) managed to wind Cersei up so much.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »

My proper answer is Tywin as the scenes between Dance and Dinklage were just beautifully acted and nuanced.

My fun answer would be Ramsey or Joffrey to see how their evil evolved into further malevolence.

My sentimental answer would of course be Hodor.

Think I'd go Ramsey. How do you move on from cutting off a guy's cock and feeding other people to dogs?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: August 29, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »

I opened this thread for the first time this week.

I had never watched GoT and had absolutely no interest in it.

Then, when season 7 started there was so much hype that I though, well, all six previous seasons are on catch-up, perhaps I'll just have a look at S1 E1 and see what all the fuss is about.

By the end of that episode I was hooked. I quickly devoured season one and then.....

The bastards took it off catchup and boxed sets. I couldn't believe it it's been available for years.

I had to buy S1 to 6 on DVD. (It was great watching all 60 episodes back to back though).

Just watched the Finale. What a great show.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: