blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159516 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 21, 2017, 07:46:54 AM »

Relieved to discover that the campsite wifi, Sky Go and a free VPN trial were sufficient to watch last night's episode from France without any problems.

Pity that some twat on my Facebook list had spoilered the ending earlier in the week.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 21, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »

Relieved to discover that the campsite wifi, Sky Go and a free VPN trial were sufficient to watch last night's episode from France without any problems.

Pity that some twat on my Facebook list had spoilered the ending earlier in the week.

It takes a special type of twat to reveal spoilers.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 21, 2017, 08:37:20 AM »

obviously the CGI and the spectacleis great, and we can invest in the characters

but only me who thinks the plot holes, holes in the space-time continium and sheer lazy writing by the show runners is letting things down this series?

i found myself at 3am trying to work out how far a raven could fly in a day, how long it would then take Dany and crew to arrive at the ice and then finally if the magnificent seven could really hold on surrounded by white walkers for four days without the attacking!

they have ruined the Arya character too.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 21, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »

It takes a special type of twat to reveal spoilers.

I absolutely abhor this sort of thing. I actually watched the episode early rather than risk spoilers off Facebook.

Proper twats!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 21, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »

obviously the CGI and the spectacleis great, and we can invest in the characters

but only me who thinks the plot holes, holes in the space-time continium and sheer lazy writing by the show runners is letting things down this series?

i found myself at 3am trying to work out how far a raven could fly in a day, how long it would then take Dany and crew to arrive at the ice and then finally if the magnificent seven could really hold on surrounded by white walkers for four days without the attacking!

You need to imagine gaps in there somewhere to make it all fit. For example Gendry ran off as they saw the storm approaching but then we cut to a different scene elsewhere. How do you know it didn't take the storm 2 days to get to them?

But yes some of the time line stuff is very weird and if those dragons fly as fast as they'd need to then Dany does one hell of a job hanging on.

Don't think Arya's ruined but she's definitely become a bit of a twat.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 21, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »

You need to imagine gaps in there somewhere to make it all fit. For example Gendry ran off as they saw the storm approaching but then we cut to a different scene elsewhere. How do you know it didn't take the storm 2 days to get to them?

But yes some of the time line stuff is very weird and if those dragons fly as fast as they'd need to then Dany does one hell of a job hanging on.

Everything felt so rushed in comparison to the years of build up we have previously had. Why the rush to end the money train. Best and worst series for me. Lots of nonsense and boorish dialogue.  Examples. Qyburns scorpion. Gilly waiting till the cart is packed and outside old town before she hits sam with. "Are you sure you want to leave old town. Sam you always wanted to be a maester are you sure you want to leave?" Was it supposed to make her look like the backward clueless wildling or just so urgent to move things on we couldn't have actual dialogue. Some sillier moments for many characters. Hound and Thoros could have been great instead we just got teased

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 21, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »

Everything felt so rushed in comparison to the years of build up we have previously had. Why the rush to end the money train. Best and worst series for me. Lots of nonsense and boorish dialogue.  Examples. Qyburns scorpion. Gilly waiting till the cart is packed and outside old town before she hits sam with. "Are you sure you want to leave old town. Sam you always wanted to be a maester are you sure you want to leave?" Was it supposed to make her look like the backward clueless wildling or just so urgent to move things on we couldn't have actual dialogue. Some sillier moments for many characters. Hound and Thoros could have been great instead we just got teased

Every other series people have whined and moaned about how slow things happen until episode 9 when it all kicks off.

People wanted more dragons and more dire wolves but they cost money. Would you prefer the rush we've had with lots of action or 10 episodes containing the same stuff but with less dragon action and more dialogue between real people? Perhaps instead of seeing Drogon burning lots of stuff we could've had a whole episode of Bronn and Jaime talking about it and explaining the exact timeline so that it all made perfect sense.

Don't forget though that there was nearly a riot when we didn't get to see the Blackfish go down fighting, imagine if we didn't get to see dragons burning shit?

I'm pretty sure the actors are on a fixed rate so we could have hours of them chatting away. I'm sure there are ways they could've explained away how you get across country twice in a day but it would been a drag.

They've gone down the CGI action route whilst sacrificing a bit of overall quality.

They have a limited budget not helped by hackers and pirates (myself included) so I think we've done pretty damn well.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 21, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »

And where did the night king get massive chains from? Wight blacksmiths? Still, we have an ice dragon to look forward to....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 21, 2017, 05:07:33 PM »

I felt like a grown up kid watching that episode, freezing it every couple of minutes to stop typing or placing bets to concentrate etc.

Loving it for what it is, and hating its the last one next week.

One bit that did annoy me was when the dead fella screamed, and suddenly the cloud signalling the arrival of the dead is there in seconds. If it moves that quick why dont they just appear at the wall rather than trundling for weeks.......

Jeez, Im sounding like some of you lot now. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 21, 2017, 06:04:40 PM »

And where did the night king get massive chains from? Wight blacksmiths? Still, we have an ice dragon to look forward to....

How come Jon killing the walker killed all the subsidiary wights, apart from the one they'd captured?

Much as I'm loving watching it unfold, it was very obviously a mistake to shorten the final two series.  I really don't get the justification as to why they did this.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 21, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »

I'm miles ahead of the whinging here, still wondering where 'ye olde plasticised prosthetic face shoppe' is.

OTOH, I believe dragons are real so I guess we can believe anything we want and I just enjoy it as an action yarn - biggest miss for this series is that being oop north int winter creates a lack of titties

sola virtus nobilitat
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 21, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »

They got the chains from hardhome, there was ships etc left there.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 21, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »

I'm miles ahead of the whinging here, still wondering where 'ye olde plasticised prosthetic face shoppe' is.

OTOH, I believe dragons are real so I guess we can believe anything we want and I just enjoy it as an action yarn - biggest miss for this series is that being oop north int winter creates a lack of titties

Same as that, and thought the same about Lost.

Just enjoyable TV, for me.

I've got enough plotholes in my life, without worrying about the ones in TV shows, too.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: August 21, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »

Loving it, but at the same time the way they yadayada through some major plot points is taking me out of it. Now it seems that Jon and Dany are about to bump uglies and that feels a bit forced.

Maybe this is the necessary clumsy set up season to an awesome final season, but I am fearful the pacing will be this wonky from here on in.

Totally not buying Ayra vs Sansa either.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 21, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »

Everything felt so rushed in comparison to the years of build up we have previously had. Why the rush to end the money train. Best and worst series for me. Lots of nonsense and boorish dialogue.  Examples. Qyburns scorpion. Gilly waiting till the cart is packed and outside old town before she hits sam with. "Are you sure you want to leave old town. Sam you always wanted to be a maester are you sure you want to leave?" Was it supposed to make her look like the backward clueless wildling or just so urgent to move things on we couldn't have actual dialogue. Some sillier moments for many characters. Hound and Thoros could have been great instead we just got teased

Every other series people have whined and moaned about how slow things happen until episode 9 when it all kicks off.

People wanted more dragons and more dire wolves but they cost money. Would you prefer the rush we've had with lots of action or 10 episodes containing the same stuff but with less dragon action and more dialogue between real people? Perhaps instead of seeing Drogon burning lots of stuff we could've had a whole episode of Bronn and Jaime talking about it and explaining the exact timeline so that it all made perfect sense.

Don't forget though that there was nearly a riot when we didn't get to see the Blackfish go down fighting, imagine if we didn't get to see dragons burning shit?

I'm pretty sure the actors are on a fixed rate so we could have hours of them chatting away. I'm sure there are ways they could've explained away how you get across country twice in a day but it would been a drag.

They've gone down the CGI action route whilst sacrificing a bit of overall quality.

They have a limited budget not helped by hackers and pirates (myself included) so I think we've done pretty damn well.

I enjoyed every minute of it but honestly I never thought it was that slow anyway. I don't even mind suspending disbelief with the Bron/Jamie incident I just don't want to have poor story telling forced to speed up the time line. At first I wanted a more accurate portrayal of the books I love but I understand why they couldn't show it all. I'm just unsure about this new acceleration which has led to emerging characters like Euron to be in 4?scenes in a series.

Meets queen.
Ship fight.
Throne scene.

The dialogue and show seems to be forcing more comic moments into the show too. Lots of characters seemed to not have developed the same relationship or history now. Il be curious to see how the books deal with Davos, who lost his children to Tyrions wildfire shenanigans. Varys seems to have slotted into the Queens advisors with barely a scene to spare. We still have some foreshadowing of him, re; scene with melisandre but it's not quite the same.

Maybe when the books are out il feel better about the adaption. The flavour seems to have almost changed. I don't think I had a single moment of shock quite like Tommen or Ned in the last series. Seems to be written in a much more simple but audience pleasing way.

Everyone moaned because they were so eager for the action. We just had full penetration from the word go this series. It got a but much for me when we cut to theons sister and the sand snakes and I just immediately felt like they were gg 30 seconds into the nothing dialogue. Didn't even get a sex scene out of it.

I guess overall I agree with you. I don't want boring dialogue for no reason but we have so many characters that are relatively new, or in new positions that didn't receive much character development.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:51:44 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: