blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159553 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »

So many open ends....its gunna be a long year =/

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »

Dinklage lived! Wouldn't surprise me if he died episode 1 of the next series.

Hound getting his ass kicked by a girl was awesome.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »

Thought it was a great episode, lots of people got to where they needed to go too.  Such a killer having to wait best part of a year for the next season, wish they'd make it more than 10 episodes.

Loved it when Tyrion was just casually dragging a crossbow around the castle, very sinister.   

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2014, 12:58:38 AM »

Thought it was a great episode, lots of people got to where they needed to go too.  Such a killer having to wait best part of a year for the next season, wish they'd make it more than 10 episodes.

Loved it when Tyrion was just casually dragging a crossbow around the castle, very sinister.   

Said the same thing to my dad when we were talking about it earlier today.

It's that good I don't think it would damage the longevity by having 3 or 4 more eps per season.

TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:02 AM »

So I have a year to convince myself The Hound isn't dead.  I think I can come up with something in that time involving The Brotherhood.

Solid ender to the best season yet imo.  Dance getting shot in the privy is probably the biggest loss to the series but we have more Dinklage to look forward to.  Of all the set piece scenes and big points, my favourite moment was the look on Varys' face as he sat down next to the crate waiting for the ship to cast off.  Beautifully underplayed moment as I guess he feels he must move into exile as well.

I think I might use the year to start reading the books.  From some of the stuff online I've seen they are beginning to branch away (have no idea If true, sometimes the internet lies). which for me is great.  Just like Walking Dead comics v TV, instead of people getting precious about the source material if the TV one is done well then you just have double the material to enjoy imo.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2014, 04:30:18 AM »

big loss that there'll be no more Charles Dance, but massive power vacuum now in Casterly Rock and I don't think I can have Cercei rising to the top....Olenna will have much to say about that I fear and Stannis might finally find some stones to head to King's Landing again...
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

So, the filming starts on season 5 next month

at that stage, once complete, they'll be roughly up to where Martin has completed, with the final two books long in the writing and not published yet

i reckon there are seven imajor storylines for 5

- What happens to Arya in Braavos?
- What happens to Tyrion?
- Sansa Stark becomes an adult...where does her story line go?
- Jon Snow/Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre...
- How does Cersei get on at Kings Landing minus Tywin?
- Bran, Hodor and crew
- Daenerys and the dragons, struggle to control, advance on kings landing?

what would be your guesses on where those storylines go?

i have read the books, but no spoilers from me. was interested to see how they began to diverge quite a lot from the books in the last episode (a few scenes on tv not in the books, a major character missing etc)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »

Sad to see Tywin go as with him gone and Tyrion in exile King's Landing becomes a much more boring place. Similarly the Hound - he was a great anti-hero.

Where the fuck did Stannis and his army come from - did we know that he was heading for north of the wall? Why did he do this? Did I miss something?

Also, wonder what that meister is going to do to the Mountain - I hope he turns him into Bane.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »

Lets see......

She gets horribly killed in a brutal way when we least expect it.

Horribly killed in the season opener when we think he is safe for the season.

We see her norks, then she gets killed.

Mexican standoff, they all die

Probably gets killed by the future queen

- Bran, Hodor and crew

They get killed the second they go back outside. Hodor's last words are 'Hodor'

They never leave the thrown room, and eventually Daenerys tops herself from guilt for all the horrible things that have happened as a result of her actions.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

i reckon there are seven imajor storylines for 5

- Bran, Hodor and crew

Also The Boltons/Theon Greyjoy.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 17, 2014, 11:02:08 AM »

Where the fuck did Stannis and his army come from - did we know that he was heading for north of the wall? Why did he do this? Did I miss something?

Davos persuaded stannis to head north to save the wall. not sure there might have been a crow sent by the old blind watchman too

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 17, 2014, 01:05:03 PM »

I'm puzzled with the Bran story.  It's like he's in la la land and everything else going on is a different program.  I was a bit disappointed to hear his "to walk again" answer when the dude in the tree told him he was going to get what he came for.  Did he really think people have risked (and given) their lives just for him to walk again?  Very naive of him.   I really don't have an idea on where this lot are heading.

Wonder if Ayra will hook up with Daenerys at some point? Where did she get that bit of iron from?  She did say but I couldn't make the name out or catch the relevance - the captain of the boat was clearly impressed.

Cersei came out and told her Dad about her and Jamie, if they don't keep that a secret again it can't be easy for them in King's Landing.  Perhaps we'll see more of Margaery's plans.

Didn't see much of the Whitewalkers.  Had a taster, then nothing.  It's been like that for four seasons so far though, perhaps that won't change too much.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:19 PM »

Bit of Iron was a Bravossi (Iron Bank of Bravos) coin she got from her sword fighting/dancing teach way back in season one.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »

Ah thanks

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »

I'm puzzled with the Bran story.  It's like he's in la la land and everything else going on is a different program.  I was a bit disappointed to hear his "to walk again" answer when the dude in the tree told him he was going to get what he came for.  Did he really think people have risked (and given) their lives just for him to walk again?  Very naive of him.   I really don't have an idea on where this lot are heading.

Wonder if Ayra will hook up with Daenerys at some point? Where did she get that bit of iron from?  She did say but I couldn't make the name out or catch the relevance - the captain of the boat was clearly impressed.

Cersei came out and told her Dad about her and Jamie, if they don't keep that a secret again it can't be easy for them in King's Landing.  Perhaps we'll see more of Margaery's plans.

Didn't see much of the Whitewalkers.  Had a taster, then nothing.  It's been like that for four seasons so far though, perhaps that won't change too much.

remember in season 1 Jaqen H'ghar from braavos says he will do three things for Arya and when he leaves teaches Arya Stark the words "valur morghulis" words when he departs and gives her a small coin

she says this to the captain of the ship, and given him the braavos coin to ensure her passage

He replies with "valar dohaeris" and offers her passage to Braavos

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: