blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.  (Read 105772 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »

£1 MILLION SKY POKER 6-MAX UK POKER CHAMPIONSHIPS SET FOR AUGUST

[LEEDS, United Kingdom – 16th April, 2014] ¬– Sky Poker has announced another major addition to the British poker calendar with the Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships to take place from 7th-17th August 2014. The event will once again be hosted by Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham with the highlight of the series set to be the £500,000 Guaranteed 6-Max Championship Event.

The Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships festival will take place 7th-17th August 2014 at Dusk Till Dawn with every event on the schedule in the popular six-handed format. The £1,000 buy-in Championships Main Event will feature three Day 1 flights, with re-entries available on Days 1a and 1b (Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th August respectively). The Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Champion will be crowned on Day 4, Sunday 17th August.

The 6-Max UK Poker Championships Main Event concludes an eleven-day schedule of poker in Nottingham, with High Roller, Pot Limit Omaha, Mini, Turbo and Hyper-Turbo events also on the schedule. A total of £1,000,000 will be guaranteed in prize pools across all events, with the Main Event offering £500,000. As with the first UK Poker Championships, Sky’s TV cameras will be at the event to capture the action from the final.

“After the success of the inaugural Sky Poker UK Poker Championships earlier this year, we are delighted to announce this additional 6-Max festival”, said Richard Milner, Head of Sky Poker. “With the excellent team and facilities that DTD offer, we’re sure it will be a great event and we know that 6-Max is very popular with Sky Poker customers. The previous event was full of many well-known and high profile favourites from the UK poker scene and we expect the same this time”.

Satellites to the £500,000 Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Championship Event will be available on Skypoker.com from Monday 21st April, with regular satellites running from as little as £2.10. There will also be a series of promotions and freerolls on Skypoker.com throughout the coming months which could lead to someone winning an anticipated six-figure first prize for free!

Full Schedule, £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships: 7th-17th August 2014

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »

Here is the Sky Poker page for the Main event https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-uk-6-max-poker-championship?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc6max

DTD will of course be running satellites for the festival too, details shortly

DTD, tikay and I will happily answer questions and add information to this thread as we build towards the event

cliffs

Eleven day six max festival, the first of its type we believe

-£1m of GTEs

-£500k GTE Main

- A "mini" 6 max deepstack GTE at £150k with 50 seats included to the Main

- Six Max PLO, Turbo and Hyper-Turbo

- Sky Sports coverage
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:31:19 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

Ooh very nice! Exciting stuff.

"Never again" eh tikay...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »

I must be a masochist.

God bless Tighty though. I just field the easy questions.  

Will you be joining us, Mr Globetrotter?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:51:52 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2014/04/1-million-sky-poker-6-max-uk-poker-championships-unveiled-13721.htm

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:55 PM »

No plo8, no NLO8 Hypers? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »

No plo8, no NLO8 Hypers? 

Sadly, no PLO8, no, just PLO. If only.......

NLO8 Hypers? Pfft, wash your mouth out, the subtleies of PLO8 are it's attraction. IMO, of course.

You missed the UKPC in February, due to half-term, but I really hope you can make this one.

Avoid the PLO though, super-tough field, that.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 04:01:06 AM »

I must be a masochist.

Flight "home" already booked! Can't wait.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 04:28:08 AM »

Yessssss this sounds incred. In in in in in
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:40 AM »

I must be a masochist.

Flight "home" already booked! Can't wait.

That is great news, I'd really be pleased if you could make it.

Please tell your friends, too. And Mitch.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:59 AM »

Yessssss this sounds incred. In in in in in

Great news, look forward to seeing you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 06:57:59 AM »

Satellites & Promos (including Freerolls) to the MAIN EVENT ONLY start on SkyPoker.com on Monday, & wiull be based, as per the previous UKPC, on weekly finals.   

DTD will, as I understand it, operate their usual "win a token, use it for anything" system, so, in effect, qualifying has already began there. I imagine they will get UKIPT out of the way before revving up the 6-Max UKPC noise.

Both DTD & SkyPoker will work hard to try & make this a great festival, & that's very much the plan. Kudos to Rob & his crew, (even Nick) who have been endlessly patient with me, (on behalf of SkyPoker), in negotiations & discussions.   

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 07:26:57 AM »

I   Will be blocking out these days in my diary now. The last Sky Festival at Dusk Till Dawn was brilliant and I think 6 Max is the best form of Texas. Also the place will be rocking as Rob has loaded some new tunes onto the IPod sound system :-)

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Gary Oakes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »

Great news. The last Sky Poker Championship was the best UK festival atmosphere I have seen. Glad it seems to becoming a fixture / hope it does become a fixture. Better get winning some tokens!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:28 AM »

I   Will be blocking out these days in my diary now. The last Sky Festival at Dusk Till Dawn was brilliant and I think 6 Max is the best form of Texas. Also the place will be rocking as Rob has loaded some new tunes onto the IPod sound system :-)

Excellent news Mr Gas, music apart.

What about the reprobate offspring? Personally, not fussed, we need to maintain standards.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: