blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Marks-ups getting out of hand
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marks-ups getting out of hand  (Read 32591 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2014, 01:55:45 AM »

I hope there's this post on some other poker forum somewhere:

So I've spun up my £40 up to £250 and am feeling pretty great when this guy stacks me. I thought I'm not having that and turn on the waterworks. 'I can't afford to feed my kid now' etc. The silly sod only goes and give me money back!!! I try to stifle my laughter as I graciously accept his money.  Being a girl is pretty great sometimes!!

I read that forum - gametheoryforgirls.com

They're thinking of making Dubai an honorary (but still fee paying) member.
There's lots of deep insight into strategy but it's a bit advanced for the average sot sucker kind hearted hero.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2014, 07:06:42 AM »

Couple of questions:

1 did it sell out?

2 did it make a profit?

if the answer to 2 is a "yes" then the markup is justified and should possibly be increased for the next staking!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »

Couple of questions:

1 did it sell out?

2 did it make a profit?

if the answer to 2 is a "yes" then the markup is justified and should possibly be increased for the next staking!

What if the answer to one is yes and the answer to two is no?

The older I get, the better I was.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2014, 08:20:38 AM »

How exactly do prices get out of hand in a free market?

Allez!!
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »

Lack of regulation and sleight of hand?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

You assuming all investors are rational and have access to full information?  Once you move away from this prices can get out of line in any market?  I assume these people haven't got access to his sharkscope to be able to make any assessment at all of his plo8 skills.  Suppose you were somebody who had enough information to make a better judgement where is your incentive to reveal it?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »

You assuming all investors are rational and have access to full information?  Once you move away from this prices can get out of line in any market?  I assume these people haven't got access to his sharkscope to be able to make any assessment at all of his plo8 skills.  Suppose you were somebody who had enough information to make a better judgement where is your incentive to reveal it?

But paid prices being 'out of line' isn't the same as requested prices being 'out of hand'.

As you say owing to irrationality prices paid are rarely fair, but I suppose what I'm getting at is the way a supplier prices up in a free market can't really be questioned? Unless there are underhand tactics/deliberate deceptions I suppose.

Sure we are all violently agreeing anyway Smiley

Allez!!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »

Why are there no recurring threads about people spending their money on fags and booze?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2014, 09:18:32 AM »

But paid prices being 'out of line' isn't the same as requested prices being 'out of hand'.

As you say owing to irrationality prices paid are rarely fair, but I suppose what I'm getting at is the way a supplier prices up in a free market can't really be questioned? Unless there are underhand tactics/deliberate deceptions I suppose.

Sure we are all violently agreeing anyway Smiley

Are you saying there weren't deliberate deceptions here?  Wouldn't be a conclusion others made.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
edgascoigne

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2014, 09:34:25 AM »

As per PM wasn't even aware there was a particular case here!! Thought it was just general discussion...as you were Smiley

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2014, 09:44:58 AM »

As per PM wasn't even aware there was a particular case here!! Thought it was just general discussion...as you were Smiley

The thread would have been far more useful if it's actual point had been made in the first place, Ed. It was simply someone - one individual - being called out.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2014, 01:50:25 PM »

The thread would have been far more useful if it's actual point had been made in the first place, Ed. It was simply someone - one individual - being called out.

And those of us who ain't on Facebook just guess

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2014, 01:55:02 PM »

Lol, I am not on FB either Lee, but I snap guessed who it was about. At the time, I posted "explosive stuff"......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2014, 03:15:53 PM »

Lol, I am not on FB either Lee, but I snap guessed who it was about. At the time, I posted "explosive stuff"......

Blatant subtlety.

teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »

But how much did he win?!?!?!?!?!?!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: