blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38850 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2014, 01:23:50 PM »

You play at a higher level than me, so feel free to disregard, but I would have been tempted to just fold the Turn. Our AA may not be good, there are a lot of bad River cards for us, where we will have to fold and, unless we catch one of our seven nut cards, we could hit and still lose, either side. If we hit, we could be putting in our 75k just to get our own chips back plus half of the 23k (assuming we don't get quartered), while hoping that he hasn't hit harder.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »

I think I 3b pre when we can get an spr of 2. I imagine we still put a chunky dent into his stack if we win so he shouldn't be going too nuts and we are kind of set mining/hoping for nut low with how meh postflop should be against a good player in this spot. I can see myself calling vs someone I thought wouldn't barrel down though. I don't think people bluff enough in o8 as the pfr so I do understand flatting and it is a pretty weird spot with the bubble and stack size dynamics. You have 50% equity vs top 10% ~82% of the time so getting as much in as possible is usually correct.

I think the 8754 is very borderline and I doubt it'll be getting put in correctly post by virtually anyone. Really scrappy, we flop 50% equity on 30% of flops. KQ23 flops that 35% of the time. I think calling here knowing your going to make a somewhat punty call later on isn't very good vs an 8bb stack unless you have a mountain. Good for your image.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2014, 07:57:38 PM »

I think the fact we have the  is somewhat relevant as it defo takes a few hands he'll pot/sigh call the turn and be obligated to bluff the river with out of his range.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:21 PM »

$3k limit omaha hi-lo, day 1

Disappointing day, down to 3,900 from 9k starting stack, restart at 2pm tomorrow.

Started on a table with Flushy and Simon Trumper, and things were going well, until a final level crash. There was not too much to talk of before that, I had AA23 double suited and AA26, and got full action for a 3bet, bet on every street, and scoop, and so took 15,200 into the last level. Then in the last level these three pots turned the day in the wrong direction.

Level 10, 400-800-1600

I am the cutoff with   Two Diamonds, and raise, both blinds defend. The flop is a massive   , to give me everything; nut flush draw, 13 card wrap, and uncounterfeitable low draw. The small blinds checks, the big blind bets, and I re-raise. Both call. The turn misses us, bringing   . Both check, I still bet for value, with still 28 cards that can guarnatee me at least half. The small blind calls, the big blind three bets, and we both call.

Massive card, but it is a brick, the board coming   . The small blind checks, the big blind bets, I fold, the small blind calls, and the big blind shows A655 to scoop

Level 10, 400-800-1600

Mid position raises to 1,600, I have   Two Diamonds and 3-bet the button. The flop is a nice     . He bets, I 2-bet with the nut low and over pair. He calls. The turn is   . He checks, I bet, and he check-raises, which is bad news. I have to call down, but have reasonable fear of getting quartered given that turn check-raise. The river is   . He bets, I call, and he has AK52, to confirm the possiblity of three-quartering me. A shame, I had him in reasonably bad shape on the flop.

Level 10, 400-800-1600

I have     and raise the cut-off. The big blind calls. The flop is    Two Diamonds  , a nice flop for me. The big blind checks, I bet, he calls. The turn is   Two Diamonds . He checks, I bet, he check-raises. Again, this is not great news, but I call. The river is nasty, it is   Two Diamonds  , counterfeiting our low possiblity. He bets; normally my hand could be good for high, but his turn check-raise almost must be strong in the high direction, and be at least two pair. If it is any kind of play at all, it is likely to contain A3 for the nut low draw, which has now turned into a straight for high. So, this is an unfortunate fold.

Blinds start 500-1000-2000 tomorrow, still would be really nice to double up early and get back into it.

***** I'm going to add (if avaliable) the $1500 at noon tomorrow, Tuesday 1st July, and the $1,111 Little One for One Drop on Tuesday 3rd July. I am going to include one re-entry into this, for a possible total of $2,222, but sell at 1.0. So, including the charity element, this is effectively like buying at 1.11. For the $1,500 at noon tomorrow, I am going to buy in if avaliable before the start of level 5 (440pm)

Could you please indicate, either on here, or by sending me a message, whether you would like to extend the piece for these events. There are 6 options (although I imagine most people will choose either 1) or 4))

1) neither of the two, thankyou
2) Just the $1,500 tomorrow
3) The $1,500 tomorrow, and the one drop, first entry
4) The $1,500 tomorrow, and the one drop, both entries
5) Just the one drop, first entry
6) Just the one drop, both entries

This is also coming in a personal message to stakers ******
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:08:14 PM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »

Just for clarity, I will update the Main Event on this thread. I have offered action to side event package stakers first, at 1.25, and sold out. Just wanted to let people know, as I will use this thread for updates.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2014, 03:15:10 AM »

$3k omaha hi-lo, Day 2

Went back with 3,900 chips from 9k starting stack, with blinds at 500-1000. It was always going to be a case of one hand until I scooped or got scooped, but against the odds, I picked up two super premiums in the first orbit. First with   Two Diamonds, I raise from cut-off (to 2k), and young German guys defends. It comes    . I bet, he calls. Turn is   , I bet 1k, he raises the remaining 400. He has    three diamonds Two Clubs, for a better low draw, and gets there for the split pot on the river of   .

3 hands later on my big blind, I have   two spades (ridiculous to pick up such a premium again, but of course all equities run close).

There is a raise from mid position, call from button and small blind, so actually could get a good spot for my money if I can three quarter or scoop. I make it 3 bets, to 3,000, and all call.

Flop is a nasty     . I bet, 2 callers. Turn is     , which is nasty again. I bet my remaining 400, there is a call and a raise. It's now going to be very tough for high, so it feels like I am drawing to low. The river is   , giving me some vague hope to scoop if a two pair has been counterfeited, but the turn raiser has AJ93 for a straight.

Gone inside half an hour, and so entered the $1,500 no limit holdem.

$1,500 no limit holdem, day 1

I entered near the start of level 3, which is 50-100. Unfortunately, it was a case of two hands.

Level 4, 75-150

I am up to 4,900 and raise the button to 300 with   . A tight Australian guy defends the big blind. The flop comes   , and he checks. I could check for pot control here, but it feels like it's going to be possible to put some decent reads on his actions. I bet 400 into 675, and reasonably quickly he raises to 1,100.

His sizing, timing and demenaour felt strong, and so it felt a classic case to call and decide on a turn card. He may well shut down with his draw, I may get a free card if he has say 87 and the turn is scary, and I know my equity vs his range is horrible if the turn card fills draw. So, calling to see the turn felt right, given my hand is too strong to fold, especially with the hope of him shutting down, but his range is too strong for me to happily get it all in here.

The turn is   , which is the worst card in the deck. He quickly bets 3k. Tough to know what he had to make such a quick all-in bet, but it was a fold for sure on the deck's worst card. Down to 3,500.

Level 4, 75-150

I have 3,400 and raise the cut-off to 300 with   . The table had been fairly loose passive, and that continued in this hand, as the button, small blind and big blind all called.

Pot is 1,200, and the flop comes    Two Clubs, which is very nice for me. I bet 750, which I felt gave someone the perfect room to make a bad shove. Button and small blind fold, and big blind instantly puts his whole stack in, having me covered.

He had played simply and overplayed some hands, and it just felt so much like a flush draw from his action. I was really hoping not to see   ,   etc, but all in all, it was an easy call. He had   , and the pot would have been a nice 7,400, but we could not fade as the board ran out   Two Clubs .

There's been nothing too spectacular in terms of luck on any one day, but just a complete lack of luck when short stacked and all-in, think I'm 0/9 over the Summer.

Next tournament is Wednesday 2nd July, the $1,500 ten game mix (3 stud games, limit holdem, no limit holdem, PLO, O8, triple draw, badugi, deuce to seven no limit), which should be a great one.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:16:41 AM by easypickings » Logged
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:22 AM »

gl stu!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »

gl stu!

Cheers mate, have a great time in Wales, make sure everyone is well behaved please, because I can't be there to ensure their good behaviour myself
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:06:15 PM by easypickings » Logged
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »

Great read, good luck with rest of events.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »

$1,500 ten game mix, day 1

Great fun day, the ten games are NHLE, limit holdem, PLO, O8, triple draw, no limit deuce, badugi, razz, stud, and stud hi-lo. I got lucky with table draw for the first four hours, with one guy even having printed out rules for 8 of the 10 games, and genuinely needing them! That was mirrored by bad luck with table draw for the final 5/6 hours, as I finished with John Hennigan, Alan Cunningham, and 3 no limit kids that played the other games wellish.

These were the most interesting pots..

Level 3, deuce to seven no limit, 25-50 (ante 15)

This one was a complete mess. I have 4,300. There is a guy who seems very raw in most of the games, although I did not quite realise how raw, otherwise it would have changed my play of the hand. He has 1,325 and seems to go to fold, then makes a call. Of course, no limit deuce is a game where you have to come in with a raise, and cannot flat. So, he is forced to raise to 100. A french guy calls the 100 on the button, and it feels that he is weak. I have Q9876, and it feels that I just have to squeeze. I do so to 500. It feels that if the raw guy calls a one card draw, I am not in awful shape, and I may be able to put a good read on his bet- for example he is going to bluff way too much, and value bet too narrowly. To my surprise, he looks frustrated with the chain of events, and moves all-in. I have to call, he is going to be drawing one way more often than be pat, especially with the original intended limp. I call fairly quickly, and stand pat. He goes to draw one, but stands pat behind.

He has Q6432.  He says "I wanted to draw, but I know I shouldn't." So my mistake was to not realise the level of naivety in the hand. Q6432 should just never be good after a pat in front of you, and is a standard draw one.

So, I feel stupid after a complete mess of a hand, and probably still should, but given the information I had at the time, I guess I would take the same line again.

Level 6, stud hi-lo, 150-300(25)

I have (A2)A, a monster, and a weak player with a 9 limps in front of me. A 3 calls, another ace calls, and the 9 calls. I improve to (A2)A2, and their boards are 36,AK and Q9. I am in great shape, and whilst it is dangerous to take on three boards, equity wise I definitely want them to call. I bet, and all call. It feels that the only danger hand is the 36, who is probably 4 to a low.

On 5th I catch (A2)A24, 36 becomes 368, AK becomes AK7, and 9Q becomes 9QQ (great news, given likely queens up). I bet, all call.

The hands now seem to be almost definitely;
368- 4-low and pair of 8 s or 6 s , a made low would surely have re-raised.
AK7- 4 low and a brick.
9QQ- queens up.

So, funnily enough, whilst you should often be vulnerable in a 4-way stud-eight pot, I am in fairly good shape, and vulnerable mainly only to the low draw. On sixth, I brick with (A2)A24, 368 becomes 3686 (but there was a dead 6 on 3rd), AK7 bricks to AK7J and 9QQ bricks to Q997. I bet, and 3686 now re-raises. Both call. This is a massive pot.

It feels the hands are;

3686- depsite the dead 6, just has to be trip 6 s. He would surely have re-raised a low on 5th, and would surely not re-raise 2 pair on 6th. He must have 666.

AK7J- must be a low draw to a 7.
Q997- still queens and nines.

So, the 2-bet from the 3686 was truly terrible news. I have to call, with 3 live cards to fill up and odds to do so, and maybe some vague chance of 3686 checking 7th, especially if I am wrong.

I brick the river, and check. 3686 bets, both call. I am getting 17 to 1, but decide to fold given the read on trip sixes, and am happy to see it is right, he has the case 6. The other hands are a rivered pair of aces, and indeed queens up.

Re-start 2pm tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:20:51 PM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »

$1500 ten game mix, day 2

I went back today with 13,125. The day was partly a rollercoaster of all-ins and calling all-ins which led to various scoops, losses, halves and quarters, so will omit most of those, and detail the most interesting pots instead.

I got off to a reasonably slow start, but won a couple of big badugi hands to get up to 28k about 5 before the bubble. Then this pot happened.

Deuce to seven no limit, 300-600 (50)

Under the gun raises to 1,600 and I have pat 98754 to his left, and 3-bet to 5,000 from 28k. It came round to Bryn Kenney. He was a constant thorn all day; every table move seemed to land him two to my left. His play in no limit holdem and PLO was predictable; very aggressive and very strong. His play in most other games was a bit of a mystery all day. Very aggressive in all, but difficult to work out what level of knowledge he had. He thought for a while, and cut out a 4-bet to 16,500 on the cut-off.

Against an unknown player, this would be an ultra tough decision. Any pat nine is very strong, but a cold four bet from the CO against an UTG+1 vs UTG 3-better is also very strong, and should always be pat. If it is pat, is really should never be a jack, and possibly a strong ten at worst.  I had basically the worst nine, but definitely had to weigh my decision positively towards it bring Bryn Kennney. The question was how much. Ultimately, I decided that if his knowledge of the game was not great, he would not realise how much a range that is say pat 108 or better is weighted so heavily towards mainly tens. I decided to go with it, and moved all-in. I stood pat, and he grimaced, which obviously was great news. He thought for ever, broke something, and was drawing to 8732. He paired his 8, and it was a perfectly timed double up to 60k. A tough decision, and I was glad to have got it right.

Deuce to seven no limit, 800-1600 (200)

I am, 92k deep, and have pat J8643 on the button, and raise to 4,000. Bryn Kenney is on the big blind. He cuts out a 3-bet to 11,000. He is defintiely going to be plaiyng aggressively, and I actually consider a 4-bet to try to take advantage of an over-aggressive 1 draw and possible snow range. However, he was definitely sick enough to move all-in, and give me a horrible decision, which would ultimately have to be a fold. Flat-calling and patting is always awkward, as it advertises weakness, but here it was the only option.

I called the 11k, he quickly patted, and I patted. With hands worse than J8543 heavily weighted in a 3-bet pat range, it felt like there was a good chance of check-check. However, he thought for a while, and made a near-pot sized bet of 22,500.

I felt I almost definitely couldn't beat a value bet. There were two things I could beat. A snow (which would have intended to bet against my one card draws and hope they missed), or a worse pat hand turned into a bluff. However, because so much of a pat range is stuffed between J8 and J10 and it can be really difficult to work out the value of the pips, I thought it unlikely that he would turn a hand like JT952 into a bluff, because he might not realise just how far behind J8643 this was in the jack high stuffed ranking of hands. With little prospect he would pat a queen, I ruled out the possibility that he would turn a hand into a bluff, and so my hopes seemed to rely on him snowing.

It was definitely significant that I was missing a 2 or a 7, and so he might have the 222 or 777 that might inspire to snow. Further, he is definitely the kind of player that wants to own people. Deuce to seven is the kind of that might seem to present a sicko with limited knowledge this possiblity, with them not being aware just how unbalanced they might be for this kind of move. Very possibly I should have made the read that there were now two players at the table he was never going to bluff, and that if he was more than vaguely looking for an opportunity to own me, then this might come up in deuce to seven more often than a genuine pat hand does.

However, he hadn't shown any tendency to snow at all yet, and just maybe I went with my read too much that he would be a little too confused and check down all poor pat hands, rather than turn them into a bluff. I folded, and he happily showed 555 (sick that his trips were actually insignifcant, I had the other five!)

It is the pot I will regret most, It's so tough in these games to predict exactly where people's knowledge base and tactics will be, especially for the player type that is a NLHE sicko who has some, but an undetermined, level of knowledge in the rare mixed games. However, I got the read wrong, and it was the opportunity to go up to 150k.

I actually got up to a height of 130k soon after, but things went wrong in level 19 and 20. I lost two big badugi pots, with a bet on every street, then had a very strange triple draw hand. We were 1 vs 1 in the blinds on the second draw, I improved to 97432, bet and patted the last draw. My opponent drew one, and checked behind when I checked. In what was bound to be a crucial pot, this was great news, and I turned the 97432 over 100% confident it was good (It's completely standard for my opponent to bet anything better on this action). However, he slowly turned over the 86543, for a big pot. Then, my downfall came in the night's last round, the omaha hi-lo round.

First,  I 3-bet   two hearts Two Clubs on the cut-off vs hijack to 18k, the button cold called, original raiser called, and the flop was a lovely   , given me nut low, counterfeit protection, and nut flush draw. The original raiser led, I 2-bet, the button cold-called, and original raiser 3-bet. It seemed the hands were A2 for the button, and some kind of set or straight for the original raiser. So, it seemed likely I would be getting either 1/4 of a 3-way pot, or 3/4 if I could hit a club. The turn missed, coming   , the original raiser bet, and we both called. The river missed too, coming   , the first player bet, I called all-in, and the button 3-bet. The button had A296, and the first player Aj64, so my missing of the nut flush did lead to me getting quartered. Down to 40k.

I raise with   two hearts, Andrey Zaichenko defends the big blind, and the flop comes   . I bet 6k, and he 2-bets to 12k, which is horrible news. I call, and pick up low hope on the turn of   . He bets 16k, I call. The river missed me, coming   , he bets, and I have to make a sigh fold. He shows Q6. Down to 5k.

Down to 5k, I am all-in on the blind. I have prospects of making day 3 (if that counts for anything!) if I can survive a couple of hands, and pick up a nice     . I would have prefered a muti-way pot, but instead the button raises, and I am all-in. He has the bad news of   two spades, and the board runs out   , to give him broadway, and knock me out.

I cashed for $10,152. Previosuly $16,875, this brings the value of the package to $27,027. I obviously missed the Little One for One Drop today, so this concludes the package, at $27,027.

I will be sending a rundown of numbers of what is owed to all stakers, taking into account Main Event pieces. Do let me know if you would like dollars in Vegas, I can easily arrange.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:52:22 PM by easypickings » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Not an investor but I loved reading the updates - NLHE is my least favourite game and having an insight into your thought process across a variety of mixed games has been fascinating. Best of luck in the main event.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »

yeah this is the best staking thread I've ever seen on here.

Fantastic to have detailed updates to read every single day - pretty impressed that you've found time for it out there.

thanks stu

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »

Not an investor but I loved reading the updates - NLHE is my least favourite game and having an insight into your thought process across a variety of mixed games has been fascinating. Best of luck in the main event.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »

I've found myself regularly checking this thread, even though I neither know you nor have a piece of you. Great job on the updates, although it would be nice to log on to "Won every pot, off to find sex, drugs and ridic loud music".

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: