blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  UKPC (LOW MU) HR!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UKPC (LOW MU) HR!  (Read 7227 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »

What I am selling:

Hi guys, I'm looking to take an interest list in my action in the Sky UKPC £3,000 High Roller. If I sell I will be looking to sell 50%.

Why buy:

Although there will undoubtedly be some talent in this field, there are also a lot of satellites being run into this event. Although that doesn't necessarily mean the standard of the field will be any lower than it would without sat qualifiers, it very likely will be, as satellites allow 'pros' who wouldn't usually play buyins this high to take their 'shot' - and as there has been little to no previous sample of them playing buyins of these scale, it's impossible to judge how they will handle it. Also what satellites do is make the tournament more accessible to a higher amount of recreational players. I feel that for this reason I should have a significant advantage over a good percentage of the field, due to having more experience in both buyins this size, as well as having played countless more hands than most recreational players.

Click to see full-size image.

^Above is an up to date version of my Sharkscope. As you can see I've amassed around half of my online MTT profit in around 1/7th of my lifetime sample. As I have said in previous posts, this is no co-incidence; around the time of the start of this relatively small sample I made a conscious decision to be more professional, be that in terms of; Playing only when feeling 100%, Playing less tables in order to focus more (hence why it has took a longer period of time to amass the same sample then it would have previously), Studying a lot more by way of; HH reviews with some of the worlds best MTT players (Trigg, Pleno, BIgbluffzinc - who I am currently backed by online)...etc, Countless HH discussions, as well doing a little coaching of my own for people who play lower stakes.

Another advantage I have over the field is that the format is 6 max, the structure is deep stacked and the host is a Sky Poker. The reason for these things being advantages are that over the last few months, my poker game has become a lot more diverse. The reason for this is that I have introduced online cash games. The cash games I have introduced have been in the 6 max format, deep stacked and a large % of them has been on the UKPC host site - Sky. Another reason this is an advantage is that the games I have been frequenting have been 200-500nl, where I have been a significant winner, however I do have a fair sample of hands in relation to volume where I have taken 'shots' when the games have been good at 1knl (£5/£10) and 2knl (£10/£20) and am a fair winner at (although sample is probably too small to count as relative). The reason for this being an advantage is that the other players who play in these games are more likely to play the UKPC high roller than those at lower stakes, therefore I will have a good grasp of how they play. This is particularly magnified by me knowing them as being regs on Sky which has a relatively small player pool rather then a site like Stars which has ridiculous sized one, as the number of hands I will have on the regs will be a more concentrated part of my sample.

Why buy:

Ability

I feel I have a significant edge in these fields in terms of ability, both due to the vast amounts of satellite qualifiers / punters who 'flick in', as well being able to compete with those at the top of the game.

Trustworthiness

I have played backed for the majority of my online poker 'career', over this time I have handled $x0,000 sums of backers money at a single time. Each time every penny has reached its owner within seconds of my requiring to do so.

I have also sold numerous packages on this forum, many of which have yielded returns. Those can be found at:
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63462.0
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63035.30
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63506.0
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62863.0
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63643.0 - my most recent staking package with returns on here which returned over $29,000 and was paid out within 24 hours.
...etc.

The Sweat Element

When selling pieces of either a package or a single tournament, unlike a lot of others, I update the thread regularly, meaning that investors can have a sweat and get 'more value' for their money. I have previously invested in people myself, only to receive no updates, to which I found very frustrating as I find it enjoyable to have a sweat. I try and be the total opposite of this. I'm also really happy to go through my thought processes of hands people find interesting (during tournament breaks...etc). Examples of this in a recent $2k WCOOP Series main include:

Thoughts on the KK c/f? I'd probs peel one off but yeh can just see me folding the turn loads so can see why your line is better but don't do it in game enough. AA hand also interesting.

@ AA hand its just really hard for me to have a hand which takes this line for value (from his point of view at least). I should be 3betting my nutted hands close to 100% vs this villain (or he should think). However when I bet turn this size then normal OTR after checking flop behind my hand is pretty face up to 'thinish'  value vs his hand which is already pretty face up to marginal showdown at this point so expect folds close to 100% to a ~1/2 pot bet. However when I jam river kinda polarizes my hand, however hard for me to have the nuts therefore I should have a lot of bluffs compared to not many combos of value hands. In other words, I don't expect him to bluffcatch with his hand for less.

@ KK hand theres a few reasons, main one is that I just don't wanna play a huge pot out of position to 2 of the 3 opponents, with one pair, 4 way on a board texture which smashes there peeling range and where there are very few ideal turn cards. The pot is pretty bloated and the structure of this is great.

What a great thread with some cool HH. The k8 hand with 8 high board merged my head. Would be nice  to hear your thoughts on each street.

Keep on heatering.

Basically what it came down to was the fact that my hand was never good after he bet the river that small after raising turn, the best hand he can have is a small / medium flush and various over pairs with a diamond which checks back the flop, whereas I can have all the houses / quads / better flushes. I felt the villain in the hand was competent and would be good enough to fold all the flushes he had (Meh if he has nut flush - but I don't think this checks back flop) as well over pairs. I assume he folded a bad flush as he tanked river pretty hard.

Cliffs and fine print:

Looking to take an interest list in up to 50% of my £3000 UKPC High Roller action on 11/08 @ 1.05.

1% = £31.50
5% = £157.50
10% = £315
25% = £787.50
50% = £1575

*I will decide whether I am playing by 04/08. If I decide to play and sell action, I reserve the right to cancel it at any time if I do not feel 100% or if the field looks too tough. I will NOT be re-entering.

**I will need to sell 40% minimum if I am to play.

***If I do sell, I am only selling the monetary returns of my action. Trophies / leaderboard points...etc will not be included in the returns.

THANKS FOR READING!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »

Hi Tom,

That's a great proposal, & realistically priced, too.

I've invested in you regularly, & can confirm you keep us thoroughly updated, & pay winnings pronto-fashion. 

I've sort of been forced to make a policy decision NOT to buy any action, in anyone, in UKPC Events, (it was the same in the February UKPC), as the usual suspects tend to dream up all sorts of conspiracy theories if I do.

For that reason, I'm out, sorry, but it won't matter, as I am 100% confident this proposal will sell out quickly.

Good luck Tom, & see you there.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:57:57 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »

Can I reserve 10% please.

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:14 AM »

I understand Tikay, thanks for the kind words and Ill see you there!

@Gamblor, 10 is res'd mate thanks very much Smiley
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »

reserve me 5 fish.

I dont have many £££ at the minute otherwise would take more!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »

reserve me 5 fish.

Res'd mate! You back in Sheffield any time soon? If so you can win some money off me playing tennis Smiley
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »

reserve me 5 fish.

Res'd mate! You back in Sheffield any time soon? If so you can win some money off me playing tennis Smiley

Sounds like a great way of geting action in you! No plans to be around any time soon but will message and arrange something either here or there. Life is ram jammed at the minute which is good. But poker is right on the back burners, need to change that!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »

Reserve 20 please. Will let you know by Thursday of this week on exact number if thats cool?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:27:59 PM »

5 please

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »

2.5% please.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »

All res'd thanks guys Smiley

@picken that's fine mate, you playing it yourself?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »

Na going to Barcelona later in the month and want to get some good work in online beforehand. Not really played much this last month.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

Alex spencer took the last 7.5%. That takes us up to 50% res'd.

Will take a WL if people are interested.

Na going to Barcelona later in the month and want to get some good work in online beforehand. Not really played much this last month.

Fair enough mate, shall hopefully see you in Barca.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:10:09 PM by youthnkzR » Logged
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

res 5 pls
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »

Will WL u bud, if anybody drops out / if I open more you got 5 res'd Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: