blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:13:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A shade Greener - Solar Panels
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A shade Greener - Solar Panels  (Read 2020 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »

Had a cold call door knocker from the above.

Free solar panels, cheaper electricity as a result. Government backed.  Looks good, hence wary!

Any experience?  Only slight concerns (and will ask questions when they come round for a free survey)

The lease the air above for the 25 year period - not sure I'm comfy with that
Effect on House price and selling on
The Lease transfers to any new owner - must be an "admin cost"?!
Just how effective are they?!

Carpe Diem
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »

My bro is looking into them at the moment for his business. He plans to visit them and is going to ask for some references of people who have switched and visit them also. They have been and done a full assessment for him and he is like you and looking for the catch, I'm seeing him next weekend and will ask where he is at with it mate.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »

My bro is looking into them at the moment for his business. He plans to visit them and is going to ask for some references of people who have switched and visit them also. They have been and done a full assessment for him and he is like you and looking for the catch, I'm seeing him next weekend and will ask where he is at with it mate.

Cheers very much appreicated.

Carpe Diem
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 11:49:37 AM »

There are threads about them here.  

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3322744&page=6

The thread seems to suggest they are fine.  I would seriously consider just paying up front for the panels myself if I did it.  I have no idea on resale values, but guess it us bound to put some people off, though others would be positive.  

Sure you'd save more in the South than the North. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »

A mate of mine does this for a living I'll forward your post to see if he can help

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 03:27:37 PM »

I wouldn't buy from anyone knocking on my door. If you're interested, contact a few different companies and compare them. That's just what I'd do though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »

The best bet is to buy them yourselves and fit which will cost about 5 k. Some mortgage lenders will not get involved with contracted houses with panels which is usually the free ones. This depends on the deal you sign but get some legal advice on that.

If you fit your own it actually adds the value straight on the property. You can get loans from the banks for this too and your savings go toward the loan repayment. My sister in law had to reduce her house price by 8 k because they signed a bad deal on panels.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »

I wouldn't buy from anyone knocking on my door. If you're interested, contact a few different companies and compare them. That's just what I'd do though.

Its a government program, one of my best mates was doing the knocking for a while. Was a good gig on commission and you are giving away money

I would snap it off if you are eligible.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »

There are also plenty who have cottoned onto it and have nothing to do with the government....

Just sorted it for My Mum remember even though it is a good deal you can still negotiate with the salesman

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »

All good views, does seems good reading some stuff up.

Main concern is the leasing and any potential effect on property value.

See what they survey says first i guess

Carpe Diem
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 11:33:49 PM »

I have had them from A Shade Greener for about 6 months now.  More than happy with them and I'm a huge skeptic to stuff like this.

I save about £30 a month on my leccy....happy days....my monthly payment has gone down.

I don't plan on moving so it's not an issue.  My mate has them and had trouble selling his house because all prospective owners were put off.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: