blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  could do something different every street??
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: could do something different every street??  (Read 4649 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »

Vs Regular.

GAME #5931517944: Omaha  PL €3/€6 2014-08-22 20:30:42/GMT
Table Croom
Seat 1: ToooouchMe (€1,191.70 in chips)
Seat 3: zfdynamic (€482.52 in chips)
Seat 5: WerewolfMoves (€600.00 in chips)
Seat 6: Lil Dave (€894.90 in chips) DEALER
Seat 8: tASTEmYdISH (€603.00 in chips)
Seat 10: enflounder (€580.50 in chips)
tASTEmYdISH: Post SB €3.00
enflounder: Post BB €6.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Lil Dave [ ]
ToooouchMe: Fold
zfdynamic: Fold
WerewolfMoves: Fold
Lil Dave: Raise (NF) €15.00
tASTEmYdISH: Raise (NF) €51.00
enflounder: Fold
Lil Dave: Call €36.00
*** FLOP *** [ ]
tASTEmYdISH: Bet €54.00
Lil Dave: Call €54.00
*** TURN *** []
tASTEmYdISH: Bet €132.00
Lil Dave: Call €132.00
*** RIVER *** []
tASTEmYdISH: Check
Lil Dave: Bet €480.00

Could 4bet pf, raise the flop, fold the turn and check the river....

What you think???

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:03:24 AM »

I'd 4 bet pre and look to get it in... as played would chk back river, not sure what sort of hand he has that is worse and calls off.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »

I would probably 4 bet it pre and be looking to get it in. Always flatting the flop too, probably fold the turn. Doesnt he have to have AAxx by that point? Certainly checking back the river if i get to that point.*

*I have never played at anywhere approaching these stakes so am likely to be massively wrong!!!!
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »

I'd raise flop think €144  villain can fold which would be nice, can't see them 3b this sizing, is that likely to happen?

To win at poker is to not have to play
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »

not as good as you chaps, and certainly dont play as high, but for me , as the villain i'd be thinking like this:

pre flop

lil dave raises, he's good, but does he have a hand? lets raise him and see what he does

flop

ok, he didnt 4 bet me so i have to rep something here, and its omaha so i have to rep AA**, i'll bet about half the pot

ok, he's called, might have hit that J, surely not a 3 though

turn

righto, got to continue here cos this is omaha and i have to let him know i have AA** and do not fear his J*** hand, i'll bet 60% of the pot

ahhhhhh, lil dave has called me again, damnit!!!!

river (an absolute blank card in my eyes btw, nothing gets there except 88** and not even the worst scandi maniac from 2006 would still be in with 88** there)

ffs, he's called everything i've done here, i give up and hope he doesnt bet too big and i can show down AJ/QQ/TT

lil dave has bet the pot (ish) fhslansjkneybhajajneoi !!!!!!!!

then it turns into one of those make your own adventure books:

if i call my AA, turn to page 45
if i fold my AA turn to page 57
if i fold my rags, turn to page 73
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »

I'd 4 bet pre and look to get it in... as played would chk back river, not sure what sort of hand he has that is worse and calls off.

AKxx might call because a flop float by hero could have picked up a bundle of draws on the turn. 

I don't think that its great to be very polarised in these situations, which you would tend to do by checking back a lot hands.  Betting a lot of thin value would surely allow you to bluff more, (might be wrong about this tho).
dwh103

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »

So much depends on history for me.

Villain doesn't have to have AAxx, I'm not too enamoured at 3b to 8 bigs playing 100+ eff from the SB myself. Am not a sicko though and play tournies mainly - is any AAxx an auto 3b in this spot at this level?

But barreling twice...total airball feels unlikely - AAxx, KKxx or at least a similar rundown hand to Hero that's hit 2p or a draw on turn. Personally check river as can't see Villain calling with worse and think he'll trap/bluff catch with the same hand or better a fair amount.

I do prefer a peel pre rather than a 4b/c, but I don't like smashing it in pre with this type of hand when deep. But it's all history, could fold turn, could 4b pre - though I don't think I'm ever raising flop or betting river without serious metagame.
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »

If I'm 3bing the SB I'm double barrelling everything on 33Jr
I think you are most likely raising flop for protection and to narrow villains range, what do you think villainwill continue with?

Overall are we only thinking villain is 3b AA and good KK and QQ?

will villain 3b double pair hands and medium wrap hands some funky double suited stuff?

Do you ever r/f btn?

To win at poker is to not have to play
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

Thanks for replies, kinda cool hand to keep looking at this one Smiley

Do you ever r/f btn?

Yeh, sure. Pretty rarely though, I think hands to fold are hands such as  three diamonds (I'd open this ofc OTB, plays pretty bad vsa 3b) maybe hands like  as well, low pairs, unsuited aces without any big cards with them and disjointed low runny down type hands are the ones to fold.

Overall are we only thinking villain is 3b AA and good KK and QQ?

will villain 3b double pair hands and medium wrap hands some funky double suited stuff?

Absolutely. These games people 3bet from the SB vs btn opens pretty wide, he has enough random 3's in his range, I've seen people show up with A963ds QQ84ds.

Villain doesn't have to have AAxx, I'm not too enamoured at 3b to 8 bigs playing 100+ eff from the SB myself. Am not a sicko though and play tournies mainly - is any AAxx an auto 3b in this spot at this level?

Agree, and no AA** is not an auto 3bet, in fact given what I said above about the hands people 3b in these games and the fact that bad and even mediocre AA** are not good hands to 3b in this spot I'd say that of his 3b range from the SB under 50% of it is AA**. This changes a bit ofc like you say given the history between the players, if I start to 4bet a lot of his 3bets from the SB vs my btn opens then he wants to start 3betting worse AA** combo's as the liklihood of beinf 4bet and being able to 5b AI increases. MY natural adjustment to his high 3b % from the SB would be to 4bet more aswell, and bad AA will play excellent vs my 4bet range ofc as hands like the one i have and AKK* are the first hands to go into that range.

But barreling twice...total airball feels unlikely - AAxx, KKxx or at least a similar rundown hand to Hero that's hit 2p or a draw on turn. Personally check river as can't see Villain calling with worse and think he'll trap/bluff catch with the same hand or better a fair amount.

When I call the flop it's very unlikely I'm floating. J*** JJ** 3*** J3** 33*** KK** QQ** are pretty likely the hands I have, and given i'll have a hand like this fairly often there is very little need to float. I'll raise 3*** fairly often, JJ** sometimes and obviously nothing as a bluff - the hands I'll usually pick to bluff here are hands that have a pair between 44 and 99 in them. I'd not raise J*** as a bluff here I'd call and go from there, bluff catch, showdown or consider bluffing depending on what happens.

The King is a good card for him to barrel in the sense that now pretty much all my J*** hands that aren't J3 or KJ have to fold, certainly a good spot to bet again with AA. I think given that I do have 3***, JJ** in my range he doesnt want to barrel 100%, so he'll pick the times he picks up some equity, a FD or a wrap I'd imagine. So the question, will he barrel a total airball, I think it's very unlikely. Is this a card he'll be (semi at least) bluffing ever? Yes. I think so.

I would probably 4 bet it pre and be looking to get it in. Always flatting the flop too, probably fold the turn. Doesnt he have to have AAxx by that point? Certainly checking back the river if i get to that point.*

*I have never played at anywhere approaching these stakes so am likely to be massively wrong!!!!

Defo not wrong! the good thing about 4betting pre-flop is that he is likely to make a call with a lot of hands that are dominated by us, worse suits, lower A*** and rundowns that need our cards. When he 5bets AI, we're not in good shape but by this point weve made our bed and will be lying in it!

AKxx might call because a flop float by hero could have picked up a bundle of draws on the turn. 

I don't think that its great to be very polarised in these situations, which you would tend to do by checking back a lot hands.  Betting a lot of thin value would surely allow you to bluff more, (might be wrong about this tho).

Interesting but when I bet the river it was as a bluff!

Things to think about I think are
1) How often to we have the best hand
2) How often is he "slow-playing" the river
3) How well do we rep KK JJ K3 J3
4) What does he do with A3** and AA**
5) What hands do i get to the river with the HAVE to bluff

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »

As Sklansky said "you aren't bluffing enough unless you occasionally get called by worse" (or something like that)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »

Seat 6: Lil Dave (€894.90 in chips) DEALER

What you think???

Just had a decent week in Spain for less than that, so I would say probably do that.  Or hookers.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »

As Sklansky said "you aren't bluffing enough unless you occasionally get called by worse" (or something like that)

lol

serious question, is river a merge?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »

River is defo a merge, can call worse and fold better. Dave probably thinks he bluffing more than getting called with worse id guess.

Once you don't 4bet pre think the hand is standard
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »

First thought was 4bet, prefer flatting actually now though. Can't really see any other options post to how you played it, a lot of people would probs check river but I think bombing is the better play. Its also pretty nice not to have to show down this particular hand in this spot.

wazz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 11:49:10 PM »

I can't think of a good reason not to 4b pre?

I also don't much like the river bet - are we calling to spike our 7-outer and bluff when behind, or because we think we're ahead a decent amount?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: