blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 104317 times)
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2016, 02:26:41 PM »

Stokies got a shot at top 4? 

Seems no reason why they can't spurs and man utd looking vulnerable.  Potentially Leicester could have a downturn as well of course.  2 spots all to play for imo.

I think their points total on the spread is an incredible buy tbh.  Still think we are underestimated.  We have dropped 6 points to WBA having 3 men sent off in the 2 games.  The home game was incredible down to 9 men in the first half and only lost 1-0.  I think top 4 is a bit toppy tbh but i think we will finish above some teams that are in for more spreads than we are currently.
You've mentioned that WBA game about 10 times on here Smiley
Wow, that's incred - why didn't you mention that before?

Whooshed here!  Kindly explain.  Sure it is a rub.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »

Hmm
I thought it was about 11 times lol
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »

I can't see Stoke finishing anywhere near the top four & you're probably a coin flip for top half IMO.. On Dec 27th Michael Caley's xg projected EPL table had them projected to finish twelfth. In that model there's only 3 points between 8th-13th spots, I'd be shocked if Stoke finish outside of that band.

In fact looking at the link below an aggregate of the analytics models have you exactly 50% to finish top half & a 9% chance of top six.

http://statsbomb.com/2016/01/a-compilation-of-epl-model-predictions-after-round-2038/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »

Shawcross breaks Ramsey's leg in a particularly ill-tempered match at the wonderful world of wind a few years ago

Ramsey, passions inflamed by a war of words from Wenger and Pulis after the game, refused to make up with Shawcross while lie-ing in his hospital bed

to this day when Arsenal visit the windy place Ramsey gets dogs abuse

completely OTT

isn't this particularly thick, by the stoke fans? what has Ramsey done wrong?

what do they also boo Monreal?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2016, 01:59:38 PM »

Shawcross breaks Ramsey's leg in a particularly ill-tempered match at the wonderful world of wind a few years ago

Ramsey, passions inflamed by a war of words from Wenger and Pulis after the game, refused to make up with Shawcross while lie-ing in his hospital bed

completely OTT

Maybe not accepting that Ryan didn't do it on purpose?  Ever since he has been a total pro and never once looked like deliberately injuring an opponent.  I want to know why the issue is constantly brought up by the media every time Arsenal arrive at the Brit and never leave with 3 points.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2016, 02:01:49 PM »

completely OTT

Maybe not accepting that Ryan didn't do it on purpose?  Ever since he has been a total pro and never once looked like deliberately injuring an opponent.  I want to know why the issue is constantly brought up by the media every time Arsenal arrive at the Brit and never leave with 3 points.

because the Stoke fans don't drop the issue, and boo Ramsey for the whole game?

the Stoke fans make it an issue the media can hardly avoid, every time

its beyond boring and particularly stupid. accepting that many stoke fans won't boo, but a lot do

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »

completely OTT

its beyond boring and particularly stupid. accepting that many stoke fans won't boo, but a lot do

The biggest issue with Stoke fans imo is AW calling us a rugby team.  That probably creates the tension which leads to Ramsey getting more shit from the fans than he should all these years on.  Most stoke fans are hardly in the top 10% iq wise.  Let's be fair.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2016, 02:10:41 PM »

completely OTT

+1. If Wenger wouldn't have made the comments also I doubt this would be half the issue it still seems to be today.

Feed em rice.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »

Well under Pulis you did rough teams up in stylistic terms not necesarily a dirty team....

narrowed the pitch for a couple of years, played it long, battled for everything, Delap's throws etc etc

haven't heard AW criticise them since Hughes has spent 18 months changing the style of play and the club recruiting shaqiri, bojan, afellay, arnautovic etc etc though

Fans should move on, the club has under Hughes.

My eyes are open wide
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »

completely OTT

The biggest issue with Stoke fans imo is AW calling us a rugby team.  That probably creates the tension which leads to Ramsey getting more shit from the fans than he should all these years on.  Most stoke fans are hardly in the top 10% iq wise.  Let's be fair.

Just seen you already raised the point regarding Wenger, apologies.

I'm pretty sure that if arsenal fans could drop the grudge the Ramsey boos would die down. 99% of arsenal fans can't help but snap bring up the leg break from nearly 6 years ago, it gets frustrating having the same shitty conversation. Some fans then perhaps use Ramsey as the scapegoat. Pretty low IQ of gooners to keep bringing the incident up imo.

FWIW I don't agree with the Ramsey boo's at all, but understand why some fans do.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »

Well under Pulis you did rough teams up in stylistic terms not necesarily a dirty team....

narrowed the pitch for a couple of years, played it long, battled for everything, Delap's throws etc etc

haven't heard AW criticise them since Hughes has spent 18 months changing the style of play and the club recruiting shaqiri, bojan, afellay, arnautovic etc etc though

Wenger couldn't beat us at home under either gaffer.  It has probably helped contribute to him not winning the title.  It might do again this year.  He doesn't like coming to Stoke.  I don't blame him.  We don't like him coming here and talking his rubbish about us either.  Very funny when he arrives this year Stoke gets it's first blast of snow this winter.  Would have paid money to see his face when he opened the curtains from his penthouse hotel suite in the Stoke premier inn at Trentham Lakes yesterday morning to see 3 inches of white stuff on the floor.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:19:07 PM by arbboy » Logged
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »

Just as equally arsenal fans as Stoke fans surely?

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2016, 02:18:12 PM »

I put the over/under at 5 mins for the first 'swing low' sung by the stokies at the ground yesterday in the pub.  Made up comfortably under that quote for the Stoke judges who sold heavily with me.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »

completely OTT

Maybe not accepting that Ryan didn't do it on purpose?  Ever since he has been a total pro and never once looked like deliberately injuring an opponent.  I want to know why the issue is constantly brought up by the media every time Arsenal arrive at the Brit and never leave with 3 points.

+1. If Wenger wouldn't have made the comments also I doubt this would be half the issue it still seems to be today.

+2

I was at that game when the accidental break happened. Shawcross has been more or a pro prior and since this incident than Ramsey will ever be. Arsenal fans, media, and their manager 'stir' it all the time when playing Stoke now. The Stoke fans just giving some back. Old school banter maybe, but not in the top 100 of abusive songs I have heard at matches in my time by all kinds of different fans or clubs.

* edit -All the above aside, good interviews (IMO) from both keepers after. Respect given by both for THE GAME.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:23:21 PM by Knottikay » Logged

Life has no rebuy options
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2016, 02:24:57 PM »

completely OTT

+2

I was at that game when the accidental break happened. Shawcross has been more or a pro prior and since this incident than Ramsey will ever be. Arsenal fans, media, and their manager 'stir' it all the time when playing Stoke now. The Stoke fans just giving some back. Old school banter maybe, but not in the top 100 of abusive songs I have heard at matches in my time by all kinds of different fans or clubs.

I think it's beyond banter but still understand that fans want to do something to get back at the shitty way it was dealt with. I was also at the match, I was in row 7 directly by where it happened. I can assure you no single stoke fan had any malice towards Ramsey or an individual player that day- it's the afters which catalysed the reaction.

Feed em rice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: