blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:49:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 103811 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

Quite funny really, had to ask my son why they were booing Ramsey - can happily say I'm an Arsenal fan who doesn't give a second's thought to what happened 6 years ago and less than that to the irrelevant Stoke in general.

I was quite a fan of Nzonzi though

Big miss for me at Stoke.  Wonder if he regrets leaving now he looks at the new team and the EPL league table?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »

I always had a pretty low opinion about those "fans" who boo Ramsey for having the temerity to have had his leg snapped in two and genuinely having his whole career put in jeopardy, but the latest "he walks with a limp" chant is right down there with the lowest imo.

Agree also.

Sadly small minorities from all clubs have their moments. For example, Arsenal fans to Adebayor " "It should have been you, it should have been you, shot in Angola, it should have been you" was right down there. Then there was their  racist chant about Adebayor and his father and mother. I won't quote that here.

Some idiotic City fans had one a couple of weeks back with reference to the terrorist attack in Paris which prompted a big debate on the forum.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2016, 09:19:07 PM »

My fav stoke song was 'Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said noooooooooo Robinho' when he was up for a rape charge or sexual assault. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2016, 09:25:01 PM »

Quite funny really, had to ask my son why they were booing Ramsey - can happily say I'm an Arsenal fan who doesn't give a second's thought to what happened 6 years ago and less than that to the irrelevant Stoke in general.

Big miss for me at Stoke.  Wonder if he regrets leaving now he looks at the new team and the EPL league table?

Really think he would've been perfect for Arsenal in a DM role.. athletic, skilful and could dig a bit too

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2016, 09:39:01 PM »

Really think he would've been perfect for Arsenal in a DM role.. athletic, skilful and could dig a bit too

Yes built for Arsenal.  Lot of my season ticket holder mates always said 'he will leave us and go to Arsenal. He is built for arsenal.'
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2016, 04:31:58 AM »

Great to see Whelan get some praise on MOTD 2, he's been an unsung hero for a while now and deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2016, 12:30:33 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3406345/Stoke-City-efficient-team-big-five-leagues-struggling-Chelsea-wasteful-sides-season.html

Top of the league at last.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2016, 04:14:18 AM »

Absolutely gutted. 

That is all.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2016, 01:02:08 PM »

Man u v Stoke Corporate box ticket available for tonight.

Last minute cancellation from a friend has meant i got a 'plus 1' spare for this tonight.  Obviously Man U hospitality is as good as it gets.  Only asked for a donation to my fav charity for whatever you think is reasonable.  Not looking to make money out of it personally.  First come first served basis.  You will need to be at Old Trafford at 6pm at latest if you want the food etc before kick off.  I will be arriving at 5pm when the box opens as there is welcome champagne/unlimited booze for the rest of the evening all included.  You will have to make your own way there and back.  I can meet you at Pic station circa 4-430pm if that suits and get a taxi to OT or just meet at the ground between 5-6pm.

Full 3 course dinner/cheese+biscuits/half time cakes plus unlimited booze all including for free.  Good chance to enjoy the MU hospitality for a fraction of the usual cost.

Smart casual dress code is obviously required.

PM me if you are interested before 3pm.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »

Man u v Stoke Corporate box ticket available for tonight.

Last minute cancellation from a friend has meant i got a 'plus 1' spare for this tonight.  Obviously Man U hospitality is as good as it gets.  Only asked for a donation to my fav charity for whatever you think is reasonable.  Not looking to make money out of it personally.  First come first served basis.  You will need to be at Old Trafford at 6pm at latest if you want the food etc before kick off.  I will be arriving at 5pm when the box opens as there is welcome champagne/unlimited booze for the rest of the evening all included.  You will have to make your own way there and back.  I can meet you at Pic station circa 4-430pm if that suits and get a taxi to OT or just meet at the ground between 5-6pm.

Full 3 course dinner/cheese+biscuits/half time cakes plus unlimited booze all including for free.  Good chance to enjoy the MU hospitality for a fraction of the usual cost.

Smart casual dress code is obviously required.

PM me if you are interested before 3pm.

Gutted Im not in the country to take advantage of this. Enjoy!

Feed em rice.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »

Stoke could lose striker Marko Arnautovic for £12.5m this summer as the Austria international has a buy-out clause in his contract.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2016, 07:41:04 PM »

Mr Stoke city himself has announced his retirement, following concussion in the fa cup games last season against Blackburn which left him partially unsighted.

Sad way for it to end for him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/10173608/andy-wilkinson-announces-retirement-after-concussion-injury

Feed em rice.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2016, 03:41:23 PM »

Interesting read for Stoke fans: http://statsbomb.com/2016/02/stokelona-where-myth-meets-reality/
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »

Imbula looks a level above. Not seen such a powerful and technically good player in a Stoke shirt potentially ever.

We really could/ should have had 3 points today if we had our shooting boots on. Good point though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:11:34 PM by baldock92 » Logged

Feed em rice.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2016, 11:29:37 PM »

Huge blow losing Butland for rest of season
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: