blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:50:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 103802 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819187/Court-hears-Twitter-user-posted-links-encouraging-cyber-attacks.html

Slightly off topic but one for the stoke locals.  Is this the same guy who was/still is a croupier at Genting?  Assume it is unless he has a twin brother.  

The last time I was at genting stoke he was still working! If he's still there this will make for some great table talk  thumbs up

He was found guilty on one count, but no mention of a sentence.

Anyone know?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 09:53:43 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819187/Court-hears-Twitter-user-posted-links-encouraging-cyber-attacks.html

Slightly off topic but one for the stoke locals.  Is this the same guy who was/still is a croupier at Genting?  Assume it is unless he has a twin brother.  

The last time I was at genting stoke he was still working! If he's still there this will make for some great table talk  thumbs up

He was found guilty on one count, but no mention of a sentence.

Anyone know?

Barred from the gaff now so don't know any of the local gossip.  He was a funny (odd) fucker everytime he dealt, esp poker.  I liked him as he didn't give a fuck about Genting and always had a good craic with the punters.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

What a result today by Stoke to go 1-0 down against a team with a new gaffer on the road and come out on top.  We are the real deal. Always under rated.  Even more so than Bolton ten years ago. Just extended the lead even further at the top of the racing post bet them blind every week table.  Showing a profit of fortunes to a level stake! Go on Stoke!
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »

Didn't like seeing this thread on page 3!...So.....

Initial thoughts on Stoke's pre season guys? Will  Shaqiri sign for us after fee has been agreed, or will he be tempted to go elsewhere ?

How well will he fit into the system? Or will the system have to be tweaked to suit his game?

I am very hopeful of (yet) another top ten finish next season, but expectations are growing by the week TBH. Mark Hughes has the potential now, in the next few seasons, to become a top top manager.

Life has no rebuy options
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2015, 12:06:32 AM »

I very much hope Shaqiri signs, but I'm starting to feel that players are using us as a platform to receive offers from other, bigger clubs. He did it in January before moving to Inter Milan, we've been trying to sign Konoplyanka who was reportedly "very interested" for over a month, but now appears to be heading to Sevilla etc. I do very much hope we can sign a big name such as Shaqiri, because it shows just how far we've come.

The biggest issue will be replacing Steven N'Zonzi, as I'm 90% certain he's going.

Either way, whoever we get this transfer window there's no reason to doubt Hughes, he's proven over these past 2 seasons he knows what he's doing. I'm just gutted I can't renew my season ticket for this year!

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2015, 12:24:57 AM »

Didn't like seeing this thread on page 3!...So.....

Initial thoughts on Stoke's pre season guys? Will  Shaqiri sign for us after fee has been agreed, or will he be tempted to go elsewhere ?

How well will he fit into the system? Or will the system have to be tweaked to suit his game?

I am very hopeful of (yet) another top ten finish next season, but expectations are growing by the week TBH. Mark Hughes has the potential now, in the next few seasons, to become a top top manager.

I got the 13/8 lolbrokes hung early for a top 10 finish.  Stoke are decent odds on for a top 10 finish for me next season.  They are the most solid financial team outside of the top 6.  Some would agree on profit/loss, debt and the relative wealth of the owners relative to their position in the league combined they are financially the strongest in the league.  Adam resigning is a big deal for me.  He is class but massively unfit which is why he plays for Stoke.

Keeping the players we have this summer is much more important than the signings we make this summer imo.

Anyway let's forget about stoke for the minute and get a stokie home for a bracelet in the wsop!   Heads up with a 3/1 chip lead!

We are stokestoke stoke!

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/chipcounts.asp?grid=1136&tid=14259

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2015, 09:59:43 AM »

I think there was an interview with Adam and was asked about his fitness. Think he said something along the lines of even though he's always questioned about his size/ fitness just look at the stats; he runs as far as anyone on the pitch. I do agree he could do with shedding a few pounds though!

Feed em rice.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

Darts...footy.....poker......

Stokies here, Stokies there, Stokies every.....

I still hope Shaqiri does sign. If he does or doesnt, I would not miss N'zonzi if he went. Good player, wrong attitude. Time for Mr marmite (walters) to find a new home too also IMO.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »

Darts...footy.....poker......

Stokies here, Stokies there, Stokies every.....

I still hope Shaqiri does sign. If he does or doesnt, I would not miss N'zonzi if he went. Good player, wrong attitude. Time for Mr marmite (walters) to find a new home too also IMO.

We would miss N'zonzi massively if he left.  Not sure why you think this.  He is different class. 
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »

Not too bothered about N'Zonzi? Wow. He's been a different class at times this season. His ability on the ball, whether it's holding it up or making runs forward, is phenomenal. He's been messing the club around for a few seasons with regards to contracts, wanting to be transferred away etc, but it's never affected his performance on the field. If he does leave we seriously need to reinvest, because Whelan and Cameron playing CDM just won't cut it.

Feed em rice.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »

Like I said, good player...but with wrong attitude. I know it is the way of the world nowadays, but I want players who want to play for the club. Sounds he is just after a big money transfer now and his head will not be with Stoke if he doesnt get one and stays with us for another season, imho.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »

Stoke signing johnson a similar if not worse mistake than liverpool signing milner, arbboy?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »

Stoke signing johnson a similar if not worse mistake than liverpool signing milner, arbboy?

Depends on how much they are paying him a week and how long the contract is.  Neither has been confirmed yet as he hasn't committed to signing officially.  We signed Crouch at a similar age at the end of his England career so these types of signings are not always bad.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »

Depends on how much they are paying him a week and how long the contract is.  Neither has been confirmed yet as he hasn't committed to signing officially.  We signed Crouch at a similar age at the end of his England career so these types of signings are not always bad.

Thought his wage will be pretty large as was expecting him to take the soft route and go to some pointless place for the $$$, so take a bit for stoke to encourage him to actually play against real people for money. Not a fan of signing players on the way down. Thought he was older tbh, seems to have been around ages and on the downhill, so surprising his age.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2015, 04:25:37 PM »

You can have Balotelli and Borini too Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: