blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 102179 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 23, 2018, 01:45:52 AM »

That was shocking tonight. Something is seriously wrong at the club, from top to bottom it's a shambles. The players have no confidence, baffling selections, baffling tactics, no depth to the squad, questionable signings.

Still very early days, but it seems not too dissimilar to what happened at Sunderland last season.

No depth in the squad?  We must have the biggest wage bill in the league and bundles of depth.  Most of the signings seem reasonable solid as well for this level.  Ince/Williams/Afobe all rock solid on paper at this level.

Bundles of depth? We've got bundles of central midfielders, not bundles of depth. For example, we only have 3 CB's (1 injured and 1 suspended) leaving only Shawcross, who by the way is dreadful. Going into any campaign with only 3 natural centre backs, one of whom has reoccurring back issues, is not what I'd consider depth, especially considering our defence was so poor last season you would think this would be priority number 1.

£5m for Mcclean is hideous, we've well and truly had our pants pulled down on this one. Williams beyond a joke tonight, looked like he was trying to get sent off. Ince and Afobe not living up to the hype yet, but early days for them.

I'm usually pretty positive regarding Stoke, but this season couldn't have started much worse, and there's not much to suggest anything's going to be changing quickly. Hope I'm wrong and am eating humble pie in a few months.

Feed em rice.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2018, 06:11:42 AM »

I do think it's hilarious how people have seen Stoke sign players they've heard of and assume they are good signings. Shawcross and Williams must be in the bottom 5% of centre back partnerships in the division and the fullbacks only marginally better. McClean is league 1 standard. Yes Stoke have big money but spending big money on crap players who don't care will send you the way of Sunderland.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »

As previously stated Rowlett hasn’t ever delivered success in the transfer market.

In fact he hasnt ever really delivered success

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 23, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »

I know stats can be misleading, but Stoke were a Premier League side last season, & Wigan were League 1, and yet Stoke were at home & never managed a single shot on target.

I suspect the problem is more that the squad cba, & that Rowett has lost the dressing room already. If you listen to his pre & post match summaries & interviews, he's Mr Cliché.

Send for Big Sam.  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:21:11 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 23, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »

The general consensus from stoke fans is not even Pep could sort out this mess. I'm not sure Rowett's the issue, he's inherited a toxic squad that needs to be burnt down and built up from scratch. I think the problem is we've got 2 blokes behind the scenes who control a lot of the transfers, and there's a lot of disharmony right from the top of the club all the way through the ranks. It caused Hughes frustration multiple times under us and I don't think much has changed. We're leagues away from the well drilled, well run club we had in the Pulis and early Hughes years.

Feed em rice.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

Merson predicting Stoke not to win again this weekend.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »

"It's quite scary that a club in the Premier League was losing that sort of money."

Stoke City’s annual financial figures are out👇
https://bbc.in/2A8aDJ9

Bet365 results today are though incredible, up 25%

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 21, 2018, 12:53:17 PM »

Basically paper write down (not cash losses) of players value on the balance sheet as a one off correction.  £30m loss and £29.5m player write downs basically accounts for it all.   Terribly written article.  Far worse clubs financially than Stoke.  The writer talks like the club is on its last legs.  The firm makes the loss in a good day when a few big jollies get beat on the football.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-betting-queen-denise-coates-111200802.html

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/21/bet365-denise-coates-paid-herself-an-obscene-265m-in-2017
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:06:36 PM by arbboy » Logged
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 21, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »

Rumour has it that if she makes 500 mill next year, she will donate it all to Stoke and then we will be able to buy the Premiership Title.

Life has no rebuy options
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »

Rumour has it that if she makes 500 mill next year, she will donate it all to Stoke and then we will be able to buy the Championship Title.

FYP

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 21, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »

Rumour has it that if she makes 500 mill next year, she will donate it all to Stoke and then we will be able to buy the Championship Title.

FYP

very good.  Stoke should be trying to buy the EPL title though they are richer than most EPL owners.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 22, 2018, 07:05:11 AM »

FYP

very good.  Stoke should be trying to buy the EPL title though they are richer than most EPL owners.

The Sheikh spent over a billion before that Aguerooooo moment, and quite a bit more since, one way or another...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 22, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »

FYP

The Sheikh spent over a billion before that Aguerooooo moment, and quite a bit more since, one way or another...

You're not bitter though   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Best Bitter.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 22, 2018, 08:41:50 PM »

FYP

You're not bitter though   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 01, 2019, 10:23:49 PM »

Doesn't get much worse than this (it might as Pardew has been spotted reportedly in Stoke today).   How do you have 18 shots at home and not one on target?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: