blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 102125 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 02, 2019, 11:55:56 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49905806

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 02, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »

He seems a thoroughly decent bloke and he is right that he (and all other managers) do gamble with numerous other people's livelihood's and financial future with his decisions.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 01, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-nathan-jones-stoke-city-3491121

Time for TP part three i think
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 01, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »

bet365 not great believers in xG then?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 01, 2019, 02:42:45 PM »

Wouldn't seem so.   Doubt Southampton will be either.   The Millwall game was a terrible effort and probably sealed his fate after a couple of 'bad' wins extended his stay.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 01, 2019, 03:24:53 PM »

Alex Neil or Michael O'Neill ftw it seems.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2019, 11:18:40 AM »

Slightly left field, but rumours around the dressing room (have a mate who works at the club) is that Steve Boulds name has been mentioned.

Recently been 'moved' from Assistant Manager to U23 coach at Arsenal. Doesnt seem happy in new role and wants to move up, not down.   He was born in Stoke and obv had a good playing career there too. 

Currently 33/1, so might not fit the Coates requirements for the position, but if the 'names' turn the job down.....you never know.

Probably see Chris Hughton/David Moyes/Alan Pardew in the stands v WBA on Monday now Wink

Me personally, would like to see Big Sam get the job. He would sort out any egos in that dressing room pretty sharpish, and get the right type of players in the January transfer window to get us out of this hole. (hopefully).

Life has no rebuy options
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2019, 08:33:19 AM »

Have to question why anybody like Big Sam/ Moyes/ Hughton would want to come to us right now though. We're a mess.

Feed em rice.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291669/talking-barnsley-supporter

Had to laugh at this from one of your fan forums.

Looks like our bottom of the table championship clash with you on Saturday has been appropriately labelled as "Clash of the Shite'uns".

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2019, 10:50:02 AM »

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/291669/talking-barnsley-supporter

Had to laugh at this from one of your fan forums.

Looks like our bottom of the table championship clash with you on Saturday has been appropriately labelled as "Clash of the Shite'uns".

That's excellent. On occasion, football fans can be seriously funny.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 04, 2019, 03:37:20 PM »

Have to question why anybody like Big Sam/ Moyes/ Hughton would want to come to us right now though. We're a mess.

Massive transfer/wage budget for the division.   The most patient loyal owners probably in football (Hughes and Jones would have been fired much quicker with 90% of other owners with similar wealth and wage/transfer budgets relative to their league position at the time) Family run/lifelong supported club.   Owners are right up there wealth wise with the richest owners in football in the world.  Impossible for any of those 3 managers (and many others) to get a better job imo to make a name for themselves/reinvent their career.  Central location bang on the m6 so very easy to commute to without having to relocate from vast areas of the midlands/NW.

Stoke are also just outside the play offs in the xg league table this season so they are running bad.  

The bigger the mess to sort out if they pull it off the bigger their ego gets stroked and the most impressive their skills look.   Personally i'd love to see TP back to really sort out the egos in that dressing room.    It needs a TP/big sam/Moyes type character for me.   Unproven young/upcoming managers haven't worked with 3 attempts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:55:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »

Massive transfer/wage budget for the division.   The most patient loyal owners probably in football (Hughes and Jones would have been fired much quicker with 90% of other owners with similar wealth and wage/transfer budgets relative to their league position at the time) Family run/lifelong supported club.   Owners are right up there wealth wise with the richest owners in football in the world.  Impossible for any of those 3 managers (and many others) to get a better job imo to make a name for themselves/reinvent their career.  Central location bang on the m6 so very easy to commute to without having to relocate from vast areas of the midlands/NW.

Stoke are also just outside the play offs in the xg league table this season so they are running bad.  

The bigger the mess to sort out if they pull it off the bigger their ego gets stroked and the most impressive their skills look.   Personally i'd love to see TP back to really sort out the egos in that dressing room.    It needs a TP/big sam/Moyes type character for me.   Unproven young/upcoming managers haven't worked with 3 attempts.

Having all that money didn't stop you getting relegated from Premier League.

Having all that money but finished 16th last season

Having all that money and are now bottom of the Championship.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 04, 2019, 06:57:09 PM »

Quiet lolrron.   Nobody cares what you think.   Your opinion is worthless and results orientated as usual.  Having all that money also kept Stoke in the EPL for a decade and never finished in the bottom 6 until the season they went down.   Silly to balance your argument with those facts though wouldn't it?  Stick to ticket touting mythical rugby union tickets.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 04, 2019, 07:19:15 PM »

Quiet lolrron.   Nobody cares what you think.   Your opinion is worthless and results orientated as usual.  Having all that money also kept Stoke in the EPL for a decade and never finished in the bottom 6 until the season they went down.   Silly to balance your argument with those facts though wouldn't it?  Stick to ticket touting mythical rugby union tickets.

"Nobody cares what you think, but i'll reply anyway" lol
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 04, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »

With the parachute payments ending and financial fair play rules looking a potential issue, surely it's not as simple as this. If we can't shift some high earning players relatively soon then there's not financial freedom for the new manager.

Feed em rice.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: