blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 102170 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2020, 02:04:24 PM »

Hi to all Stokies.

BBC repeated ‘Marvellous’ last night. The story of Nello.

Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it before.

Roth watching if you’re not a Stoke fan too. True feelgood stuff.

Oh fantastic I want to see it again. I played for Neil's football team at Keele Uni. So many funny stories. Toby Jones did an amazing job and I loved the scenes that Neil was in too.

He had a testimonal game when I was there, reffed by Uriah Rennie. Kevin Keegan sent him a letter to say he couldn't make it. He was England manager at the time I think? But there were loads of Stoke legends playing.

Keegan was good at that stuff. My mate is a massive Man City fan and a big Championship Manager player who took City through the leagues on a regular basis. When he got married he got a card from Keegan wishing him and his wife all the best, signed ‘Kevin Keegan, the real Manchester City Manager‘

Tell us more about playing for Neil Baldwin FC...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2020, 03:48:17 PM »

I will write some when I have more time. But one quick one was that there was an away game which I didn't go to. A friend of mine was helping Neil organise things. They had a mini bus which might have been hired but possibly borrowed but it quickly became apparent that the tank was empty and it was a fair old drive. Neil as always had no money, so my mate paid for a full tank of petrol, which was probably not an inconsequential amount for a student.

A while later I asked if Neil had paid him back. "Not exactly" was the reply. He had got so tired of asking Neil for the money and Neil had such a disarming was of persuading people - that he had accepted Neil's offer to be paid back the value of the petrol in................. Circus Tickets.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 04, 2020, 09:03:52 PM »

Finally turn our reverse pulis stats possession wise into goals and a win today. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 19, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9277933/Stoke-City-confirm-Ryan-Shawcross-departure-David-Beckhams-Inter-Miami-imminent.html

The final link to the Pulis decade moves on.   Amazing 14 years for RS.   
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 19, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »

+1

Life has no rebuy options
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 19, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32770765

Hard to believe that happened less than 6 years ago.  Think the 2012 3-1 lolapool boxing day game was even more impressive than the 6-1 because that was the end of the season.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 20, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »

Looks like the Racing world are paying tribute today.....

2.40 (Haydock) Potters Legend &
5.08 (Wincanton ) Shaw's Cross 

Wink

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 20, 2021, 01:15:46 PM »

A few years ago one of the Stoke academy coaches passed away suddenly from cancer, our sons had been friends since primary school. Hughes and most of the academy came to the funeral as well as Shawcross. I'm sure Ryan could have made his excuses but he made the trip over to Leicester, paid his respects and had a word for anyone at the wake.

A class act.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 18, 2021, 09:34:47 AM »

Swansea City 1 Stoke City 3

And Stoke now sit 2nd, with 7 points from 3 games.

If only we had some Stoke fans here to re-ignite the thread they might be able to tell us if it can last. What chance we will see them back in the EPL with the big teams like Liverpool, Man City, Man U & Brentford?

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:50:18 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 18, 2021, 11:07:08 AM »

Easy home win on Saturday against Forest to go to 10 points from 4.   The true acid test is the following weekend away at Fulham.   Probably best to reassess then.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 18, 2021, 03:07:46 PM »

I stuck a couple of free  £10 bets I had on my account on The Mighty Stoke @ 25/1 e/w (paying 4 places) c/o Sky Bet at the start of the season.

Will be a good season sweat. Hopefully, we will be there or there abouts after Xmas, and will be a squad feared among the League. Injuries hopefully will not play a part this season too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 18, 2021, 06:02:29 PM »

I stuck a couple of free  £10 bets I had on my account on The Mighty Stoke @ 25/1 e/w (paying 4 places) c/o Sky Bet at the start of the season.

Will be a good season sweat. Hopefully, we will be there or there abouts after Xmas, and will be a squad feared among the League. Injuries hopefully will not play a part this season too.

Feel free to sing along;

He’s Norwegian
He came to Stoke for no reason
We’re going up this season
We’ve got Ostegaard

(Copyright tonyp142)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 18, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »

Why have I only just seen this. I lived a mile walk from the Victoria ground until I was 19. I first went to a match circa 1964/5 when, to be honest as a 6/7 year old I was more interested in the pop and sugar buns.

In the 70/71 and 71/72 seasons where we were knocked out by Arsenal both years. I had a ticket acquired by my father for the 71 semi final at Hillsborough. I was 12 years old and went there on the train on my own (what were my parents thinking) as non of my friends had tickets. When I arrived at the ground and went in I realised my ticket was for the Arsenal end, pretty scary I can tell you. I tucked my scarf away and kept schtum. We were 2-1 up and I was making my way out through the crowd, thinking about Wembley when I got lifted off my feet by the crowd. Arsenal had a penalty which Peter Story tucked away taking us, shell shocked, off to a replay which we lost.

During this part of our history Stoke were a team to be reckoned with holding our own with the elite of English football. Teams littered with the superstars too numerous to name but those knowledgeable of the era will remember them.

The following year we got to Wembley for the final of the League cup. I spent the days prior painting small plastic boots red and white. With a red and white hat and a silk scarf on one wrist and a woollen one on the other I was off to London with a friend and his family. I was 13 going on 14 and had a day to remember. Underdogs against the glory boys of Chelsea we came out winners, what a day. I went to the ground for another season or so until I started playing football in the adult leagues.

I met Joo 26 years ago and started going back to the odd matches, occasionally taking my kids. Of course the Victoria ground had closed and we had moved to our new home at the Brit. After 10 fabulous years in the Premiership we find ourselves back a division below.  Joo and her Dad are still season ticket holders. I opted not to join them because I was enjoying my Saturdays playing poker. After a few shocking seasons of late we now seem to be building a squad capable of challenging in the Championship.

Come on the mighty Potters.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: