blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:54:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Series of Fortunate Events.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Series of Fortunate Events.  (Read 13245 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »

If you were a biscuit what biscuit would you be and why?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »

5: Rapunzel steals the show in Tangled.

More of these! Love it.

May St. Peter judge you for this at the gates of heaven.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »

If you were a biscuit what biscuit would you be and why?

Dark Chocolate Digestive. No one likes them = less chance of getting eaten.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »

Update:

The GPS last week was very successful from my point of view. Its the biggest event in the GPS calendar and I like the working partnerships with Genting and other third parties. Everything is being thrown at the Grand Prix and WPT now. It's going to be a good close to the year! The my birthday is also slap bang in the middle of the WPT so that will be entertaining.

Poker:
I've found that video learning is definitely having more of an impact that anything else. I've watched a number of tutorials and videos* from LIVE pro's and it is very interesting to see how different players target different areas of tournaments. I'm learning new things, some of which are glaringly obvious, but missed by players of all standards. The plan is to try and adopt these methods and develop a style/technique that I can use in my current game.

In the pipeline now are some Sunday afternoon/multi day events that peak around £50 buy-ins. I will probably frequenting Cardroom's around Luton and Coventry so please feel free to say hi if you see me.

I think another point I can progress in is Online Satellites. I'm not rolled enough for GUKPT's, IPO's etc but the satellites are affordable and binking seats this way could be a good route for me. I've been studying some satellite play and tips, some of which were very helpful, others were laughable.

Online, I've just started playing SKY for a bit of fun and actually really enjoying it. The comps are good fun with the 'bigger' events they do once a night. I played the £33 bounty hunter and in level 1 the board was something like A K T T Q. We had Queens and jammed the river, neither of my opponents could lay down their J. I was freerolling, but bubbled. Like I said, good fun though.  I also had a pop at some Mini FTOPS events at the weekend. I think I min cashed two, one of which was a multi day event but I played the last Day 1 which was the same Day as Day 2. Absolutely butchered AQ on the button to lose a double average stack in 166th out of 5261 runners.

Lifestyle:

My partner has gone back to Uni in Leeds. I see her every couple of weeks and we keep a good balance of when we see and chat to each other. It also gives me time to make the changes I need to like improving my fitness.

I'm actually scouting a hotel, spa gym facility tonight just outside of Grantham. The £27 membership is inclusive of pool, gym and spa use which will be good. Its on my commute so I'd be looking to spend an hour a day doing something fitness related there, and on days I get the train to work it doesn't really matter because I walk from Nottm station to Dusk, which is about 5 miles. I have also invested in a fold up bike which will see more use.

One I've done this for a couple of week's I'm going to look at training once a week with a Sunday League team to make up the numbers.

Targets:
I'm slipping behind in the Poker League Sad It is merely a case of tiredness. I love these £5/£10 games with Pub League guys but I stopped playing my own local one because I was working 10-6 and I probably need to stop playing this. It amounts to being in the building from 10am - midnight, which is too much.

The APAT Team Event looks like it going ahead which will be good fun.

I've had no time to play LIVE but will report back when I do! I suspect I will find something Sunday Afternoon (suggestions?)

*This did not include Rehman Kassam's two hour cameo on the GPS stream.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:06 PM »

Glenn, should probably watch that vid of rehman. If not for the poker then at least for the raw sex appeal.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »

I'll have you know that video was wonderful.  I managed to not bust too.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »

I'll have you know that video was wonderful.  I managed to not bust too.

Are you not capped on name changes on here?

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »

Small update:

On the poker front I've only flicked in for the XXL at Dusk and Poker League (still top.) I'm going through a few books now after session reviews and video/conference learning. I will be buying 'The Mental Game' over the weekend.

Simplistic decision making, adapting to situations, and thinking ahead, have been key in my development. We'll see how this goes early next month in a few bigger events.

On the work front its now all Grand Prix and WPT. My first piece of out sourced work (BUT DTD related) was published today. Wiii.
http://www.partypoker.com/blog/dtds-rob-yong-anything-less-complete-success-unacceptable.html

I've joined a health club in Grantham (as part of a hotel) which is ideal. Great size, got a swimming pool and all the perks and just £27 a month.

Things are looking good!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »

Small update:

On the poker front I've only flicked in for the XXL at Dusk and Poker League (still top.) I'm going through a few books now after session reviews and video/conference learning. I will be buying 'The Mental Game' over the weekend.

Simplistic decision making, adapting to situations, and thinking ahead, have been key in my development. We'll see how this goes early next month in a few bigger events.

On the work front its now all Grand Prix and WPT. My first piece of out sourced work (BUT DTD related) was published today. Wiii.
http://www.partypoker.com/blog/dtds-rob-yong-anything-less-complete-success-unacceptable.html

I've joined a health club in Grantham (as part of a hotel) which is ideal. Great size, got a swimming pool and all the perks and just £27 a month.

Things are looking good!

Belton Woods?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »

Small update:

Things are looking good!

Belton Woods?

Nope bit out of my way that.

http://www.urbanhotelgrantham.co.uk/gym-membership-grantham/

The above. Perfect for me, just off the A1. Breaks up the 50 minute car journey pretty much at the halfway mark.

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 03:05:26 PM »

READ AND STUDY THE GAME, everything from session reviews to books from the pro’s.

WIN the DTD, in house, Monday night Poker League. I’ve won the first two weeks kind of want to follow that through for personal satisfaction.

Play half a dozen events where buy in is between £50-£100 and cash in at least 1.

Improve fitness to a level where I can play a full 90 minute football match.

WIN THE APAT TEAM EVENT WITH BLONDE.
+ Out drink any other team on nights out associated with this event.

We're getting places, slowly. Gonna need some new targets. I know the top one is ongoing but I have started and am making progress which was what the blog was aimed to do. I hope in a few months time I'll have poker bink and drunken stories every other day.

sunny1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 10:06:08 AM »

read the beginning and the end 
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »

Smallest brag ever.

Final tabled the Poker League Finals Day.

Very turbo'y. All good fun. Best moment of the day was UTG shoving getting 4 callers and turning quads.

Put me in good stead for the final. In the end busto'd with against  .

8th place got me £160 and a cheeky little FT trophy.

Overall I'm about £350-£400 up over the 5 weeks of the league which is nothing to be sniffed at considering they were only ever £5 games.

That'll be me done for playing now until the next Titan in Cov at the start of November.

Lots of work ahead though with the GP, WPT and some exciting projects.

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:11 AM »

An interesting week on the Poker front.

I won the Poker League on Monday night. This is a comp I will always have time for. A good chat and just spin up a £5 RB.
On Tuesday night I busto'd first and ended up in the Super50.

I sat down to a very talkative lively table which was great for a s cold Tuesday night in November, full of characters.

First hand flopped a set vs 2 pair and won a big pot.
Second hand  vs  on a  high board for a bit more.
Third hand vs  x on a  high board.

I think I about doubled my stack and then some.

Played some standard ABC poker from then until the final table. Weirdest hand/read I've every had.

UTG limps and has been very active. We are in the BB with 9 10, small blind jams about half my stack. My read here was bizarre and having seen the UTG limper's hands earlier I put him on a weak Ace. The SB's right move with a weak Ace is to also jam here so I went over the top and somehow UTG found the call. I was against A 4 and A 3 and hit my Ten.

4 handed we did a chip count deal which basically meant I got just above 3rd place prize money and the seat.

This meant I was now permitted to play the Warm Up having got permission from the powers that be.

UTG has been involved in plenty of pots and limps UTG. We're in the BB with 910, the Small blind then jams for roughly 1/2 of my stack .

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

Promising start to this diary.  Good luck with it.

What sort of angles have you got in mind for freelance articles?  If and when you can share, I'm interested.  Not for plaguirism's sake so, only divulge when you are happy to of course.  I write a little for 888poker.  Might like to write more, but not sure if I can continue to write about poker as I haven't played in a year online or offline and I'm mainly just writing web content now.  Not written a strategy article for some time.

I'm not a fan of regurjitating descriptions of tournaments and the other work I'm getting.  It's not the creative type of writing I want to be doing, but it pays pretty well, so...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:49:56 PM by VBlue » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: