blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 253921 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »

The Scottish yes/no thread provided such great debate and it's less than a year til the GE.  This week is the start of the Autumn conference season for the major political parties so it seems a perfect time to start a thread for the GE.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »

Predictions:

• This autumn Cameron ousted by Tory rebellion
  • George Osbourne elected leader
  • Ed Milliband and half of Shadow Cabinet promptly die laughing
  • Osbourne removed as Tory leader and replaced by the corpse of Maggie Thatcher, operated as a marionette by Boris Johnson
  • Gordon Brown returns as Labour leader after defeating Ed Balls in MMA cage match at Wembley Stadium
  • Leader's debates in GE campaign descend into farce as participants fling faeces at each other and David Dimbleby
  • In ensuing chaos Alex Salmond leads Norwegian-backed Scottish milita south of the border and captures territory as far south as Sheffield
  • Arsenal finish 4th in Premier League
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »

Predictions:

• This autumn Cameron ousted by Tory rebellion
  • George Osbourne elected leader
  • Ed Milliband and half of Shadow Cabinet promptly die laughing
  • Osbourne removed as Tory leader and replaced by the corpse of Maggie Thatcher, operated as a marionette by Boris Johnson
  • Gordon Brown returns as Labour leader after defeating Ed Balls in MMA cage match at Wembley Stadium
  • Leader's debates in GE campaign descend into farce as participants fling faeces at each other and David Dimbleby
  • In ensuing chaos Alex Salmond leads Norwegian-backed Scottish milita south of the border and captures territory as far south as Sheffield
  • Arsenal finish 4th in Premier League

Thought this was realistic until the last point Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »

Comical scenes today when Rachel Reeves (Shadow work and pensions secretary) had no idea how much the value of the state pension was in a radio interview (similar to asking a poker pro whether a straight beats a flush) when asked yet we are supposed to trust Labour on the economy according to Messers Balls and Milliband.

All joking aside though i think this strikes a deeper point across all of the political parties of how out of touch with reality the vast majority of MP's are and why people in general don't bother to vote.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »

In before someone gets called racist or a PC tosser  Cheesy
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »

Comical scenes today when Rachel Reeves (Shadow work and pensions secretary) had no idea how much the value of the state pension was in a radio interview (similar to asking a poker pro whether a straight beats a flush) when asked yet we are supposed to trust Labour on the economy according to Messers Balls and Milliband.

All joking aside though i think this strikes a deeper point across all of the political parties of how out of touch with reality the vast majority of MP's are and why people in general don't bother to vote.

I noticed this yesterday as I started looking up on Wikipedia various Labour people and political commentators I'd never heard of - so many of their profiles contained 'went to such and such posh school then went to Oxford University to study Politics, Philosophy & Economics then got a job working in politics' - so few of them have any real experience of the real world that everyone else lives in. And this is Labour - the party of the working people Smiley

As much of a clown as he could be it was a relief when they started talking to John Prescott.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 01:59:40 PM »

This is going to sound sexist but it's a real issue i feel in politics at the minute and Reeves sums up the type of person benefiting from this PC nonsense of having so many women in govt.  I have no problem with having the entire cabinet and shadow cabinet being all women IF they are suitably qualified to do the job.  I just get the feeling a lot of these women are not suitably qualified for the senior roles they are being given but get them to balance all the PC bullshit (too many middle aged men in govt etc etc) to keep certain voter groups happy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »

In before someone Woodsey gets called a racist, or calls someone else a PC tosser  Cheesy

Grin

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »

This is going to sound sexist but it's a real issue i feel in politics at the minute and Reeves sums up the type of person benefiting from this PC nonsense of having so many women in govt.  I have no problem with having the entire cabinet and shadow cabinet being all women IF they are suitably qualified to do the job.  I just get the feeling a lot of these women are not suitably qualified for the senior roles they are being given but get them to balance all the PC bullshit (too many middle aged men in govt etc etc) to keep certain voter groups happy.

Can someone let arbboy know that Woodsey has hacked his account?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »

Oh good

Interesting fact, No party has ever won with Labour's current poll ratings on economy and leader.

Whilst this is interesting, the right has never been this divided in postWWII era, with UKIP polling 12-15%

How this plays out is going to be fun, particularly as Labour with 40 Scottish MPs may have a very touch general election in Scotland next year

the latest Ashcroft reveals some of the numbers behind the numbers

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »

In before someone Woodsey gets called a racist, or calls someone else a PC tosser  Cheesy

Grin

lol probably
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 02:16:38 PM »

Can someone let arbboy know that Woodsey has hacked his account?

All joking aside it's an issue that is very sensitive and no one really wants to discuss it.  I think Reeves' types, like you say with no real world experience, not the greatest speaker and clearly no grasp of the detail of her current role at grass roots level but fits the pretty face and box ticked education background which seems to be so standard in modern politics across all parties not just Labour.  I am not targeting any particular party here.

You have to wonder how they have been promoted to such roles so quick?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »

The scary, but quite possibly true, reason is she's better than the blokes.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »

The scary, but quite possibly true, reason is she's better than the blokes.

I agree i think this Labour shadow cabinet is as light weight as any i can ever remember.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »

Grin

lol probably

Should run a sweep on what page this happens, we could also have a competition for the most innocuous reason for calling somebody else a quisling.  Arbboy is 1/5 to be first sexist, but as he is often reminding is, 1/5 can still be value.  

Interesting on that Reeve interview the seems to be oblivious to the fact it does currently depend on contributions.  Seems inability to spend 5 minutes on research is catching.  Obviously she should know the standard state pension in her role.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: