blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Best Ever Bet
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best Ever Bet  (Read 13895 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »

v
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »

A few seasons back when Posh were in the Championship for the first/second time the local Ladbrukes offered a promo 250/1 'Any unquoted scoreline.' (They went up to 4-2 either side or 3-3 on the draw) so any scoreline above those figures is a win.

I did not place it on this 'promo' game and it did not come in.

A few weeks later we were playing Cardiff. Last time we played them it was 4-4 so I went in and asked the same staff member that was working promo day if he'd offer me the price. He did. I only put a few quid on it and a friend of mine put a fiver on. We won 4-3 and we were laughing as we took nearly £2K away.

About a month later I pop in and ask for the same bet before Barnsley (H) to which I'm told. 'Can only give you 150's mate.' So I stick another small amount on it. No more than a fiver anyway.

With about 10 mins to go and the score at 3-3 Barnsley score one on the break. I 'quietly' celebrated my bink.

After that said member of staff only ever offered me between 33/1 - 66/1 on the bet to which I was obviously backing whenever he was working. With Posh a 4-2 + comes in once a season so this was a no brainier. It paid a couple more times.

Last I heard the staff member been moved stores. I've checked all stores in Peterborough City Centre every home matchday since. Just about given up.

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2014, 08:55:37 PM »

About 10 years ago, my brother was working in China as an engineer on the Miss World set.

I remember him ringing home in a fit of excitement to tell me the comp was rigged and Miss USA was going to win and we should all start 'buying' money on it.

I lumped on at a variety of prices from 16/1 to 8/1. Like a complete fool, I then told a few mates, who told a few mates, who told a few mates.

I started getting worried when Miss USA only became 2nd favourite and in the papers she was even referred to as 'heavily backed in the UK Miss USA'. I spoke to my brother before the event who reassured me, that she would win.

She came third Sad

My brother told me that she had been bumped down at an emergency meeting between the organisers, worried about rumours of rigging.

I never even bothered to look at a picture of her. I had a look after the event. She did well to finish third.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: