blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 114153 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »

why are professional footballers role models any more than i am a role model to children i have never met as a professional gambler?

They are deemed to be rolemodels because they earn fortunes.  Jealously from others makes them role models.  The best netball and hockey players in the UK are not role models because they don't earn £20k a week.  Your parents should be your role models, not some low IQ sportsman who you have never met and probably will never meet.

Can believe it but I actually agree with this. 

In the case of Ched if he has the mental fortitude to deal with the abuse that's going to come his way then he deserves to play. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »

I wouldn't employ him. There are no laws to stop him being employed, but I wouldn't employ him to clean the toilets where I work, never mind earn thousands a week to kick a ball around - I'd rather someone else got that money and the opportunity be given to someone else. Role model or not, being a professional footballer is a privileged position. He's abused that privilege. Lots of others have as well, and they're still employed and enjoy the trappings of being a professional footballer. I wouldn't employ them either.

Would you have said the same about Suarez?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »

I wouldn't employ him. There are no laws to stop him being employed, but I wouldn't employ him to clean the toilets where I work, never mind earn thousands a week to kick a ball around - I'd rather someone else got that money and the opportunity be given to someone else. Role model or not, being a professional footballer is a privileged position. He's abused that privilege. Lots of others have as well, and they're still employed and enjoy the trappings of being a professional footballer. I wouldn't employ them either.

Who did suarez rape?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 10:50:18 PM »

Who did suarez rape?

Nobody I know of but he's also a bit of a scumbag with what he has done on the field and Kinboshi's arguement is:

" Role model or not, being a professional footballer is a privileged position. He's abused that privilege. Lots of others have as well, and they're still employed and enjoy the trappings of being a professional footballer. I wouldn't employ them either. "

I don't recall him saying he wouldn't employ your mat Suar.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 10:56:35 PM »

Who did suarez rape?

Nobody I know of but he's also a bit of a scumbag with what he has done on the field and Kinboshi's arguement is:

" Role model or not, being a professional footballer is a privileged position. He's abused that privilege. Lots of others have as well, and they're still employed and enjoy the trappings of being a professional footballer. I wouldn't employ them either. "

suar nearly won his team the league and got them £70m from selling him so it might be different!  Results orientated ftw!  It's a poker forum.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »

Didn't want Lee Hughes at Donny and wouldn't want Ched either. When your profession puts you on the front/back page of local/national media then your a role model and you have a social responsibility to behave like a good citizen in my opinion.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »

We're not going to run out of footballers anytime soon - get rid. H can become a bricklayer or something.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 01:16:47 AM »

I don't my into role models.  Its a cop out from politicians/media imo used to go after people who are a bit naughty.

Football is a mans game, nothing I hate more than things like family sections and family atmosphere.  I've lost count overthe years when I went regularly of the times I got embroiled in arguements withmostly single mothers who took their kids to football and got all uppity at a bit of industrial language. 

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »

Who did suarez rape?

Get a grip. Comparing someone nibbling on someone's arm to someone who raped a 19 year old woman is ridiculous and insulting.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »

I don't my into role models.  Its a cop out from politicians/media imo used to go after people who are a bit naughty.

Football is a mans game, nothing I hate more than things like family sections and family atmosphere.  I've lost count overthe years when I went regularly of the times I got embroiled in arguements withmostly single mothers who took their kids to football and got all uppity at a bit of industrial language. 

You have to be joking right? Couldn't you articulate your thoughts without swearing when you know the kids are around? Bearing in mind the single mother has taken her son there because the father is out of the picture. You should be encouraging her/him instead of arguing. How about leaving the family stand, and going into the kop/singing section or wherever and swearing to your hearts content? If you weren't in the family stand then its all good I guess and I don't really blame you.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42:23 AM »

Sir Charles.  The ultimate non role model role model.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2014, 01:04:01 PM »

Curiously, in today's "The Game" in The Times, Mathew Syed wrote a very interesting article about Mr Evans, & much of it was based on Barkley's "not a role model" thing. Which also said that Parents have a responsibility, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »

Who did suarez rape?

Get a grip. Comparing someone nibbling on someone's arm to someone who raped a 19 year old woman is ridiculous and insulting.

That's bullshit because kids are more likely to copy the actions of their role models on the field than off it and they can be protected from off-field stuff by parents. 

Was hardly a nibble amd add to the his other behaviours.   But as Arb says its all resultes orientated.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »

Some of the newspaper column's are pathetic

Role model a bloke they most likely had never heard of before this yet is a role model for their kids?

Really
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: