blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:29:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 113369 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »

Sorry I should add the other thing beyond doubt is that the jury after hearing all evidence thought she was unable to give consent.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »

I haven't read any of Evans's statements since he was freed yet.

Has he admitted taking advantage of the girl?

A general statement from the family was given on release .........He's giving a video statement on Wednesday.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

If this guy was a Sheff Weds player then Blades fans would be unanimous in their opposition to him playing again.

Anyone who looks on this case in partisan terms is mindboggingly narrow minded.

wow, I'm wondering of that is directed at me or not but I don't really care if he plays for my team ever again but I do strongly believe he should be allowed to go back to work wherever he is offered a job, just like other people that commit crimes do when they have served their time.

As for 'minboggling narrow minded' many people think this is a borderline case. I have expressed points to both side of the discussion and said I think it more likely he is guilty of being a rapist than he isn't. You have steadfastly said he is guilty, what he did was scummy at best and that a man that thinks he is innocent and fighting to clear his name should say sorry ( how will saying sorry change that he is a rapist if the appeal fails anyway), how did you define 'mindbogglingly narrow minded' here?

There are supporters of Sheff Weds and all other football clubs saying things favourable with regard to Evans sentence and if he should be allowed back to work, there will be ones that think he should never be let out and tough shit if he loses his career. There are Sheff Utd fans that think he should never be allowed to play for the club again but some think he should. Are all those that don't have the same opinion as you mindblowingly narrow mined even tho you have only expressed one opinion and are dismissing all the others as being wrong?

At the end of the day he has been convicted of rape & some of what you say is questionable.

You have said that there is no evidence that the victim didn't consent to sex. But I think there is more than enough. She went back to a hotel with someone else, not Ched Evans. She was completely out of it, could she ever consent to sex? Ched Evans left through the fire exit.

It doesn't seem that at any point during that night she was ever had any plans to have sex with Ched.

What is also lol in this thread is that people are still talking about evidence for and against, but none of those was on that jury and are able to know full facts. The jury also has to make a decision with a huge majority, so they must be confident that he did rape her.

As for fans of United or Wednesday, pretty bad taste by Blades fans, but then again they was cheering his name and numerous songs when he got convicted. There aren't some that want him, in fact there are many, which just shows the mentality of the blades fans. As for Owls fans, there are not many at all that disagree with the verdict.

Also Bobby, you say "you aren't bothered if he does come back or not", to me that sounds as if you think he's not guilty. If you did of course think he was guilty, then it surely must be "I don't want him near my club".

He will be rejoining Sheffield United, btw.

sorry bud, I've read your post but just don't want to reply.Was hoping to keep Owls/Blades bias out if it but obv not possible.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2014, 10:45:25 PM »

A general statement from the family was given on release .........He's giving a video statement on Wednesday.

Very interesting to see what line he takes.

I suspect what he says will be swayed by whether he thinks he is going to be offered a contract or not.

Which will be very sad.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »

I suspect what he says will be swayed by whether he thinks he is going to be offered a contract or not.

Which will be very sad.

I don't agree with this.  He will be pretty sure he is going to get another contract.  I think he will stick to the line he has had all along.  I really believe he doesn't think he did anything wrong.  Him and his family/supporters seem totally in agreement he is innocent and i can't see him changing his stance this late on.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2014, 11:06:51 PM »

Which will be very sad.

I don't agree with this.  He will be pretty sure he is going to get another contract.  I think he will stick to the line he has had all along.  I really believe he doesn't think he did anything wrong.  Him and his family/supporters seem totally in agreement he is innocent and i can't see him changing his stance this late on.

If Sheff Utd have told him he only gets a contract if he says something along the lines of what I suggest, what do you think he does then?

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »

Luke McCormick (sp?) is captain of Plymouth - I peronally find that more repellant that Evans, but again he's served his sentence so it's up to Plymouth.

McCormack killed those children by accident.

The accident was caused by his negligence, stupidity and downright disregard for the drink/driving laws.

But it was still an accident when all is said and done.

Ched Evans did not rape this girl by accident.

Huge difference.

So footballers that are 100% criminals have been rehabilitated after serving their sentence when their crime involved killing people.  It is something that everyone convicted of a crime can do if they are sound of mind so why is the Evans incident different Keith?

What difference did it make that he apologised after serving his time for a crime he was 100% guilty of committing?

You seem to have forgiven him for killing people but you are annoyed Ched Evans hasn't said sorry when he is still in the process of appeal?

It was his fault for sure and he was stupid and negligent but it was an accident.

To my mind there is no way someone who accidentally killed someone (no matter how tragic it is) should be treated as harshly as a rapist.

I would bet a lot of money McCormack will never drink and drive again in his life. if he does, he deserves to go to prison for a very very long time.

You can't rape someone by accident.

If Evans still maintains he is innocent he has not been rehabiltated.

Confronted with the same set of circumstances he is likely to do the same thing again because he doesn't think what he did was wrong. (Well, he wouldn't obv, because he has seen what happens when he does that. But if there was no chance of getting caught he is capable of doing it again).

Being devils advocate is it not possible Evans thought he was engaging In consensual sex at the time?  

I'm almost certain Evans did (and still does) think he was having consensual sex.

Ignorance of the law is not a defence though.

Does this not blow a hole in your argument about him choosing to rape verses McCormick having an accident?  McCormick was certain he was breaking the law when he got behind the wheel.

Yes, you're right.

I couldn't be further from condoning what McCormack did.

But every single person who drives their car drunk know they are breaking the law. And every single one of them could have killed those 2 kids.

But for the grace of God go they.

I don't think McCormack should be punished any harsher than a drink driver who had consumed exactly the same amount of alcohol and was driving at the same speed.

It's just a sick game of roulette which of them killed 2 children, so they should all be treated the same.

Well that is your view.

This is a legal view. You might get an answer to your questions here:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/death_by_dangerous_driving/

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »

Which will be very sad.

If Sheff Utd have told him he only gets a contract if he says something along the lines of what I suggest, what do you think he does then?

Instruct his agent to put feelers out for other clubs who are interested in an international striker in the championship/league 1 with a proven goal scoring record at that level whilst he maintains his stance of being innocent.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2014, 12:02:01 AM »

Luke McCormick (sp?) is captain of Plymouth - I peronally find that more repellant that Evans, but again he's served his sentence so it's up to Plymouth.

The accident was caused by his negligence, stupidity and downright disregard for the drink/driving laws.

But it was still an accident when all is said and done.

Ched Evans did not rape this girl by accident.

Huge difference.

So footballers that are 100% criminals have been rehabilitated after serving their sentence when their crime involved killing people.  It is something that everyone convicted of a crime can do if they are sound of mind so why is the Evans incident different Keith?

What difference did it make that he apologised after serving his time for a crime he was 100% guilty of committing?

You seem to have forgiven him for killing people but you are annoyed Ched Evans hasn't said sorry when he is still in the process of appeal?

It was his fault for sure and he was stupid and negligent but it was an accident.

To my mind there is no way someone who accidentally killed someone (no matter how tragic it is) should be treated as harshly as a rapist.

I would bet a lot of money McCormack will never drink and drive again in his life. if he does, he deserves to go to prison for a very very long time.

You can't rape someone by accident.

If Evans still maintains he is innocent he has not been rehabiltated.

Confronted with the same set of circumstances he is likely to do the same thing again because he doesn't think what he did was wrong. (Well, he wouldn't obv, because he has seen what happens when he does that. But if there was no chance of getting caught he is capable of doing it again).

Being devils advocate is it not possible Evans thought he was engaging In consensual sex at the time?  

I'm almost certain Evans did (and still does) think he was having consensual sex.

Ignorance of the law is not a defence though.

Does this not blow a hole in your argument about him choosing to rape verses McCormick having an accident?  McCormick was certain he was breaking the law when he got behind the wheel.

Yes, you're right.

I couldn't be further from condoning what McCormack did.

But every single person who drives their car drunk know they are breaking the law. And every single one of them could have killed those 2 kids.

But for the grace of God go they.

I don't think McCormack should be punished any harsher than a drink driver who had consumed exactly the same amount of alcohol and was driving at the same speed.

It's just a sick game of roulette which of them killed 2 children, so they should all be treated the same.

Well that is your view.

This is a legal view. You might get an answer to your questions here:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/death_by_dangerous_driving/

I know that is the law.

But I think the law is wrong.

The best way to stop people drinking and driving would be to lock up every offender for 6 weeks.

It would cut the crime but 90%+ and therefore the amount of deaths caused by the crime by a similar percentage.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »

Bobby I appreciate you want to keep the Blades/Owls bias out of it, but your comments are a little bit far from the truth. There are a very small minority of fans who will question the case and the fact it's something to do with the Blades will make that minority even smaller. As for Blades fans, I do not believe that there is only a small group of Blades asking for him back, I think there is a big enough group of fans requesting him to be a blade again, the media reports clearly show that.

There isn't no bias from me I don't believe. If he was a Sheffield Wednesday footballer I would want that contract to be torn up and him never seen at Hillsborough again. 100%.

However at no point as Sheffield United come out with a statement to say they are not signing him, of course there is the other side of the coin that says they have never said they are going to sign him. But the fact remains it seems a very clear and likely option just because of this that he is likely to be approached by the Blades. I don't want to go into this at much deeper but Sheffield United have often been labelled by themselves as a "family club", I can't see how they can ever allow themselves to re-sign Evans, not to mention this rape happened whilst a Sheffield United player too. He is a convicted rapist.

Away from the Blades/Owls thing....

I think all that happened and the evidence in the public domain and the information that isn't would be enough to convict him. If she is out of it, then she can not surely consent properly to sex. But I suppose you could talk about it all day, the jury has 12 on it and they came to a clear verdict, they know a lot more than we do.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2014, 08:53:45 AM »

Yep juries have never made mistakes previously

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »

Apols. I haven't read every post, and excuse me if the analogy has already been used.

What if the it was Lionel Messi and he played for your team, not Chav Evans?

Would you be so keen to see him kicked out of your club/football in the same situation?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »

I had no idea what this was about or who this guy was until I read this thread.
I find football mind numbingly boring so I have no concerns about which team or who he plays for.

As an employer I have to agree that I would not knowingly employ someone who had been convicted of rape.

I have been a witness at a similar case in Crown Court, and although all the evidence pointed to him being guilty it was impossible to prove so I wonder what the jurors were told or shown that we have missed?

I have to agree with ripple that the lady in the video is in no way out of it.
She might be drunk but she is still alert enough to collect the pizza box.

Even if she was out of it at the time, I believe that legally consent still stands?

I'm intrigued as to how some of you have such strong feelings against him, when we really have no idea what happened.
We have no idea what any of their intentions were that night.

It also appears that the only reason there is any rape charge is due to Ched admitting he had sex with her?
If he had stated that he had entered the room to take a picture of Claytons butt and was then chased out the fire escape, he would have had no charges to answer?

Has anyone read about the 'When I win big' tweets? If these are true were they not used in the court case due to how they were obtained?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »

The "when i win big" tweets were true

They were not used in court due to the way they were obtained which i found astounding
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2014, 10:24:56 AM »

I had no idea what this was about or who this guy was until I read this thread.
I find football mind numbingly boring so I have no concerns about which team or who he plays for.

As an employer I have to agree that I would not knowingly employ someone who had been convicted of rape.

I have been a witness at a similar case in Crown Court, and although all the evidence pointed to him being guilty it was impossible to prove so I wonder what the jurors were told or shown that we have missed?

I have to agree with ripple that the lady in the video is in no way out of it.
She might be drunk but she is still alert enough to collect the pizza box.

Even if she was out of it at the time, I believe that legally consent still stands?

I'm intrigued as to how some of you have such strong feelings against him, when we really have no idea what happened.
We have no idea what any of their intentions were that night.

It also appears that the only reason there is any rape charge is due to Ched admitting he had sex with her?
If he had stated that he had entered the room to take a picture of Claytons butt and was then chased out the fire escape, he would have had no charges to answer?

Has anyone read about the 'When I win big' tweets? If these are true were they not used in the court case due to how they were obtained?

The CCTV from what I've seen shows a female to be unsteady. There is only a few people who can say whether she was drunk or not & I think the hotel receptionist said he thought she was drunk. If she is drunk then she clearly can not consent to sex. I think that is perhaps what the whole case has been based upon & the fact that she did not enter the hotel with Ched Evans. This is my very own personal opinion of this, but if at any point she did want to have a quickie with Ched, then I suspect he would have been going back to the hotel room with them. Instead he came after, when a girl is drunk and left through a fire exit.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: