blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ched Evans
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 111497 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »

I had no idea what this was about or who this guy was until I read this thread.
I find football mind numbingly boring so I have no concerns about which team or who he plays for.

As an employer I have to agree that I would not knowingly employ someone who had been convicted of rape.

I have been a witness at a similar case in Crown Court, and although all the evidence pointed to him being guilty it was impossible to prove so I wonder what the jurors were told or shown that we have missed?

I have to agree with ripple that the lady in the video is in no way out of it.
She might be drunk but she is still alert enough to collect the pizza box.

Even if she was out of it at the time, I believe that legally consent still stands?

I'm intrigued as to how some of you have such strong feelings against him, when we really have no idea what happened.
We have no idea what any of their intentions were that night.

It also appears that the only reason there is any rape charge is due to Ched admitting he had sex with her?
If he had stated that he had entered the room to take a picture of Claytons butt and was then chased out the fire escape, he would have had no charges to answer?

Has anyone read about the 'When I win big' tweets? If these are true were they not used in the court case due to how they were obtained?

The CCTV from what I've seen shows a female to be unsteady. There is only a few people who can say whether she was drunk or not & I think the hotel receptionist said he thought she was drunk. If she is drunk then she clearly can not consent to sex. I think that is perhaps what the whole case has been based upon & the fact that she did not enter the hotel with Ched Evans. This is my very own personal opinion of this, but if at any point she did want to have a quickie with Ched, then I suspect he would have been going back to the hotel room with them. Instead he came after, when a girl is drunk and left through a fire exit.

send me down now officer
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »

I'm a bit unsure why you ask why the tweets want used in the case HP? I don't see what relevance they have to whether he raped her. A big win can be classed as many things? I'm not saying it was the right thing to mind you, if anything it was stupid.

PS - Trigg, little difference between drunk and tipsy!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »

Firstly I believe Trigg is perfectly safe as drunken consent legally stands no matter how drunk someone is, unless they are borderline unconscious?
There is no way the woman in the video is even close to this point, again, in my honest opinion.

If she was deemed so drunk she couldn't possibly consent then Clayton should be found guilty also, she has no recollection of consenting to either?

I would suggest that the tweets are not in line with the emotions of someone who has been raped. (Personal opinion obv)
Rightly or wrongly I believe the tweets add a level of doubt whether the victim has woken up and seen an opportunity for personal gain?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:13:39 PM by StuartHopkin » Logged

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »

Isn't that contradictory.  You can be really drunk and consent at the time but not remember it the next day - what happens then? 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »

Isn't that contradictory.  You can be really drunk and consent at the time but not remember it the next day - what happens then? 

I find it really hard to believe how you can walk from your hotel room to collect a pizza from reception (down stairs potentially/into a lift) maybe have to pay for the pizza as well in cash then walk back to your room balancing a pizza box yet you are so drunk you can't consent to have sex?Huh?  Really?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »

I'm sure he wasn't stone cold sober either...

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2014, 03:26:22 AM »

Firstly I believe Trigg is perfectly safe as drunken consent legally stands no matter how drunk someone is, unless they are borderline unconscious?
There is no way the woman in the video is even close to this point, again, in my honest opinion.

If she was deemed so drunk she couldn't possibly consent then Clayton should be found guilty also, she has no recollection of consenting to either?

I would suggest that the tweets are not in line with the emotions of someone who has been raped. (Personal opinion obv)
Rightly or wrongly I believe the tweets add a level of doubt whether the victim has woken up and seen an opportunity for personal gain?

I don't know how the jury looked upon it. But it seems that she was more than happy in Clayton's company & she went to the hotel with him and you don't go back to a hotel with someone to play dominoes.

As for the CCTV, it's very slow the ones I have seen, I think it's hard to really grasp how drunk she is.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-10-22/bbcs-buerk-ched-evans-victim-deserves-no-credit/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2014, 05:56:35 PM »

TODAY'S STATEMENT

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »

Makes me so mad.

The subtext is suggesting the victim had it coming to her because she was drunk.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:09 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2014, 06:35:22 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

So obviously reading from an auto cue.

He doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the tool box does he?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2014, 06:40:27 PM »

I actually think his girlfriend and her wealthy family (for some biazzre reason given he cheated on her) seem more keen to fund clearing his name than he appears to be.  He never seems that bothered.  He looked half asleep in that statement speech.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »

Pretty meh pre-prepared statement.  I'd have preferred something from the heart.

I thought he sounded quite humble and sincere and came accross okay.

<edit>
I may not have heard the entire statement though as the analysis on sky talks about blaming drunkenness which I don't recall being mentioned.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:51:20 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

Bit harsh Keith.  It is fairly clearly one of the toughest things he has had to do in his life and presumably he had some input into what was on the autocue.  I actually think he came across okay.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: