blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:59:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 148493 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »

Daytime schedule is mostly a load of 3x Re entry's that are turbos and hypers.

Just playing one.  Was just thinking that it must be popular, it is paying 9 places already, but now realised it pays 9 after 49 entries.  That seems like stretching it to me.  Needless to say, I am on my 3rd entry already...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »

Haha yep i know that feeling. Gl , i will be playing tomorrow from 9am so i shall see then how everything is.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »

Haha yep i know that feeling. Gl , i will be playing tomorrow from 9am so i shall see then how everything is.

Inevitable bubble too.  The structures have got a bit longer in the hypers, so you'd be hard pushed to get 4 entries in (nobody did it in the one I played).  It still only just lasted more than an hour.

No idea why they have put both $82 hypers within half an hour of each other at 5pm.  Just when all the recs are commuting or feeding their kids.  Somebody elsewhere was saying their isn't a single tournament over $27 for the 14 hours that he can play from Canada, so maybe we are lucky.  Seems the whole thing is a mess. 

Good luck

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 26, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »

Inevitable bubble too.  The structures have got a bit longer in the hypers, so you'd be hard pushed to get 4 entries in (nobody did it in the one I played).  It still only just lasted more than an hour.

No idea why they have put both $82 hypers within half an hour of each other at 5pm.  Just when all the recs are commuting or feeding their kids.  Somebody elsewhere was saying their isn't a single tournament over $27 for the 14 hours that he can play from Canada, so maybe we are lucky.  Seems the whole thing is a mess. 

Good luck

I don't know about hold em, but every O8 tournament seems to be multiple re-entry.  That includes the new weekly $320 Monday night O8 tournment.  I know I should have checked, but just wasn't expecting it.  Anyway they now allow 2 re-entries for two and a half hours right up until 10 big blinds.  Dropping $960 is a pretty high variance given they have got rid of the two daily $82 tournments.  Suspect I'll have to run pretty good over the next 7 days if I am going to play it again next week, or have a bit more control and just walk away after one bullet.

This all feels very greedy from Stars, and not very conductive to a healthy eco system.  They have effectively created muti entry tournaments where half your entries are short stacked. Be careful out there and budget accordingly.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »

They've also made all PLO tourneys 6-max.

Last night I regged for my regular $33 Omania(full-ring PLO) which starts at 7.05pm, as I have done almost every night for over two years, and when it started I suddenly found myself playing a $55 6-max PLO tourney which came as rather a shock.

When I subsequently checked the new schedule which 'stars had not even been courteous enough to inform me about I discovered that ALL PLO tourneys are now 6-max for reasons best known to them.

I sent them a polite e-mail voicing my concern as a long-standing PLO tourney player at this turn of events and making several valid points but all I received was a standard template reply about HU S&G's and not addressing one of the issues that I had raised.

There are no tourneys that I wish to play on there any more so I've cashed in my FPP's and withdrawn my 'roll.

I feel like a poker orphan now, wandering the streets looking for a new home.

Anyone know where there are any daily medium-sized full-ring PLO tourneys?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

18:30 on party they have a $22 PLO , it is 9 handed i think and has up to 3 re entry.

I am still on the fence about stars schedule. Obviously raked re buys , 3x re entry every hi/lo and a lot of the PLOs becoming progressive knockouts are not great.

Having said that it is just too soft and fun to not play them i think.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 26, 2016, 03:42:25 PM »

Good luck

I don't know about hold em, but every O8 tournament seems to be multiple re-entry.  That includes the new weekly $320 Monday night O8 tournment.  I know I should have checked, but just wasn't expecting it.  Anyway they now allow 2 re-entries for two and a half hours right up until 10 big blinds.  Dropping $960 is a pretty high variance given they have got rid of the two daily $82 tournments.  Suspect I'll have to run pretty good over the next 7 days if I am going to play it again next week, or have a bit more control and just walk away after one bullet.

This all feels very greedy from Stars, and not very conductive to a healthy eco system.  They have effectively created muti entry tournaments where half your entries are short stacked. Be careful out there and budget accordingly.

Fired 3 in under 15 mins. Confirmed expensive.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 26, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »

Yh would recommend having a look on party, they've got a reasonable amount of plo tournament action going on.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2016, 08:42:30 PM »

They've also made all PLO tourneys 6-max.

Last night I regged for my regular $33 Omania(full-ring PLO) which starts at 7.05pm, as I have done almost every night for over two years, and when it started I suddenly found myself playing a $55 6-max PLO tourney which came as rather a shock.

When I subsequently checked the new schedule which 'stars had not even been courteous enough to inform me about I discovered that ALL PLO tourneys are now 6-max for reasons best known to them.

I sent them a polite e-mail voicing my concern as a long-standing PLO tourney player at this turn of events and making several valid points but all I received was a standard template reply about HU S&G's and not addressing one of the issues that I had raised.

There are no tourneys that I wish to play on there any more so I've cashed in my FPP's and withdrawn my 'roll.

I feel like a poker orphan now, wandering the streets looking for a new home.

Anyone know where there are any daily medium-sized full-ring PLO tourneys?

I wrote my first ever letter to stars at the weekend asking them to consider reinstating some of the missing weekday tournaments.  They replied telling me they has past it on to somebody on the "ideation" team.  No response to anything I had written.  Today I got an email asking me to confirm if I was happy with their response... 

Having played the new schedule, there is now a big gap between 9 and 11 where no plo8/nlo8 comp of any value starts.  I hope they fill it, but suspect to realise they have a problem they need to first start reading their emails. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »

I can understand cash-tables being made 6-max for a perceived increase in rake but I do not get why they would suddenly decree that all Omania MTT's, and all PLO MTT's will henceforth be only 6-max.

I'm struggling to comprehend the logic of this move so if anyone is able to enlighten me I'm all ears.

Party have a couple of full-ring PLO tourneys, the most popular of which seems to be a $22 PLO +2RE which starts around 6.30pm, but from what I've seen it appears attract ~40 runners during the week compared to my ex-usual $33 7.05pm freezeout on 'stars which usually had ~300 runners on weekdays and 500+ on Sundays.

Tonight's revamped 7.05pm Omania £55 6-max currently has 173 runners.

I'm not sure that they really thought this through.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:09 PM »

6max tournaments finish faster so you can reg more tournaments and pay more rake I'd imagine is the logic behind it

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »

6max tournaments finish faster so you can reg more tournaments and pay more rake I'd imagine is the logic behind it

I guess you're right Dan.

A similar move ruined all of the PLO action on FT a few years back although to be fair it was already in decline.

Hoping against hope that they see the error of their ways before it's too late.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »

Aren't six max PLO tournaments just better? Maybe I'm in the minority but I really dislike full ring PLO MTTs. The six-max progressive KOs that they run/ran were always my favourite. No reason there shouldn't be a mix though on that I wholeheartedly agree, making them all six max seems a mistake.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2016, 12:59:43 PM »

"The Amount of Rake You Pay Doesn’t Determine Your Worth"

Quite an interesting piece here, though not specifically as to 'Stars.

http://www.parttimepoker.com/the-amount-of-rake-you-pay-doesnt-determine-your-worth

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 06, 2016, 01:14:12 AM »

Aren't six max PLO tournaments just better? Maybe I'm in the minority but I really dislike full ring PLO MTTs. The six-max progressive KOs that they run/ran were always my favourite. No reason there shouldn't be a mix though on that I wholeheartedly agree, making them all six max seems a mistake.

I'm quite enjoying playing those 6-max progressive KO's having got over the hump.

Thanks for the steer.

Hard to believe that they play 4-handed and 3-handed H4H for the final though, I'm guessing the software can't adapt to a 7-handed final. Only very slightly thin Wink

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: