blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dear Pleno.......Best Regards, Richard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Pleno.......Best Regards, Richard  (Read 32066 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »

Haha, cartel system pretty cool I enjoyed that thanks Tikay!

Sort of like Breaking Bad but with "geeky spotty 20 year olds" in their pants living in their mums basement?

PS hasn't been a UKPC for a while eh? Tongue

Wink

Glad you enjoyed it Alex, it was an awesome read, & eye-opener.

I have no idea what "Breaking Bad" is, so can't comment on that.

No UKPC news? Well I did say "never again", as you reminded me last time.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »

Fascinating and news to me. Thanks for sharing.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »

Need DMorgan ITT, he could share a lot on this stuff too.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »

Yeah you have cartels at all stakes, it's pretty hilarious.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »

I don't think anybody playing cash games or hu sbags should ever be staked. Perhaps sell action of themselves in a higher game when they are taking a shot but I think only mtt players have enough variance that they should be staked.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »

I don't think anybody playing cash games or hu sbags should ever be staked. Perhaps sell action of themselves in a higher game when they are taking a shot but I think only mtt players have enough variance that they should be staked.

I wouldn't say ever but in the long term. In the short term there can be valid reasons why somebody would want staking in cash games.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »

I saw an interview with Dan Colman and when asked about Cartels he said "no comment", is it like Fight Club? the first rule of HUSNG Cartels is you do not talk about HUSNG Cartels....fascinating reading
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

Does seem intriguing all this cartel type talk.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement pads.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »

Yeah if anyone wants to know anything about how the cartels/divisions work fire away, I set up the one for $100 turbos with a few others

A lot of the problems that the hypers cartels had with backers being in, some of their horses being out and the handbags/politics that comes along with it because hardly anyone in our group is staked.

These groups forming are just a natural evolution of the game with sharkystrator coming along. When you had to manual reg lobbies the big time bumhunters knew that they had no shot to get a lobby so there wasn't really a problem, but with the introduction of this software anyone that bought it could have it watch a lobby and sit when it opened up, which caused a stream of players to start joining the sharky queue knowing that they'd be able to grab the lobby for a little while and maybe get a game against a recreational player at a much higher stake than they'd be able to open sit.

The bumhunters getting games against recs takes money out of the pockets of the players that are good enough to play that stake (we can debate whether the idea of the best players being more 'deserving' of the games against recs all day, but most would agree with poker being a meritocracy) and the only way to fight it was to team up and sit these guys as soon as they get a lobby. The sharky queue was getting up to 12 or more people meaning you were waiting over an hour between games and that obviously isn't sustainable. At first there were obviously a lot of complaints from the players that were no longer able to maintain a good hourly by playing -10% ROI players all day.

It really shook things up, made regs look at each other and say 'do I really want to share lobbies with this guy?'

Some very well established regs that had great records from years ago but had fallen behind the curve got burned and tumbled down the stakes. Some people that were good and were moving up got stung in that they now had to play a lot more games against regs than they would otherwise have done to be able to open sit higher stakes.

The mechanics from the inside are we have a list of players that are not in the group but that are trying to sit the lobbies. All group members are obliged to sit these players whenever they get a lobby. Anyone shirking their responsibilities and trying to freeroll the rest of the group by not battling vs the sit list players gets kicked. The difference between the 1ks vs Coleman and most of the other groups is that you don't actually have to take a chunk of money from the group to get in, you just have to make it not worth our while to play you, so you have to beat the group over a decent sample for more than the rake. Players that are clearly stronger than some of the weaker group members get in much faster, but the reality of the poker economy is that these requirements will have to be tightened as the pool of recs slowly dries up.

The introduction of Spin n Gos on stars is the final nail in the coffin for HUSNGs imo especially regspeeds and turbos which have been in terminal decline since the introduction of heads up hypers. I actually quit heads up sngs to concentrate on learning PLO a couple of months ago.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »

Never knew any of this but it is absolutely fascinating.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement pads.

why?

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:57 AM »

There are many reasons why someone might want to be staked to play cash games. Here is just one.

If you've got the skills to beat, say, 200NL but only have the roll to play 50NL or 100NL it makes perfect sense to be staked to play 200NL. Relative rake at 50NL and 100NL is much higher than at 200NL. In fact from what I understand 50PLO is not even beatable due to the rake. So if you're a good PLO player with a short roll you should definitely want to be staked rather than trying to grind up a roll in an unbeatable game.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 12:15:26 AM »

There are many reasons why someone might want to be staked to play cash games. Here is just one.

If you've got the skills to beat, say, 200NL but only have the roll to play 50NL or 100NL it makes perfect sense to be staked to play 200NL. Relative rake at 50NL and 100NL is much higher than at 200NL. In fact from what I understand 50PLO is not even beatable due to the rake. So if you're a good PLO player with a short roll you should definitely want to be staked rather than trying to grind up a roll in an unbeatable game.

Then sell % is what pleno is saying i think?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »

Not sure about cash staking but you should literally never need staking to play heads up stts.  If you do then you just ain't good enough to play them at the level you are.  If you have a decent enough edge to make them pay long term there should be very little variance at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: