blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Movember Charity Staking Thread - GPS Sheffied @ £17.60 per share
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Movember Charity Staking Thread - GPS Sheffied @ £17.60 per share  (Read 15008 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »

Hello good folk of Blonde.

As many of you know I lost my Dad to one of the cancers that are supported by the charity MOVEMBER and it is I suppose one of the reasons subconciously that in 4 out of the last 5 years I have taken part in Movember and dedicated my top lip to raising some money to the cause and last year I ran a raffle for the lucky winner to come with me to Wembley and see England vs Chile with the fantastic Ed Gascoigne joining me.

This year due to time constraints and work I have not been able to devote the time to rounding up troops to donate to the cause so have come up with this way of enabling me to guarantee some money for the Charity and also give Blondes the chance of a bink at the same time.

So the plan is....
I plan to play the GPS in Sheffield in December with a buy in of £800 + £80 and will be firing one bullet.

I would like to sell in shares of 1% or a maximum of 2.5% at £17.60 for 1% and £44 for 2.5% upto 22.5%**  please note this is about a small shot and helping a good cause as opposed to a traditional staking thread, although I do expect first prize to be over £60k so it could turn into a nice bink.   If any of the staking police/ good mathematicians are reading I am aware that this is effectively me selling at a mark up of 2.0 and I realise that I am not that good so here is what we will do....

The £17.60 or £44 will be donated to my Movember page here https://www.movember.com/uk/donate/payment/member_id/1433244/

Once you have confirmed you have paid on the movember site (please use your Blonde Username as a reference)  and been booked by me itt it will mean you are paying the mark up direct to the charity and I am matching the donation so if it sells out it means a nice donation of £396 towards Movember but also gives the more generous amonst you the ability to pay more than £17.60 for 1% should you wish to.  Please remember it is a donation so for those that pay taxes out there please tick the gift aid box  Tongue

In addition to this for every % that I sell I will give an equivalent % of any prize monies won back to the charity through my own page and will post screen shots itt therefore keeping it completely transparent. (In before any 22.5% of naff all is naff all comments) This also means I will be playing for 55% of myself which will make it a meaningfull % of myself to play for and those that know me will I am sure vouch for the fact I will take this completely seriously.

If you do want the serious side then my Herbert is here http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=165320 and since I have stopped any form of sports/horse betting after some hypnotherapy I have actually had a couple of decent results in big runner live fields with the last five tournies played resulting in 3 cashes and  33rd/290 with 28 paid in Edinburgh this weekend losing KK v 1010 in a ££ defining pot and finishing just outside the top 200 with 170 paid at UKIPT London being the only non recent cashes.

I cannot guarantee that this MO (taken today) will still be on the lip in Sheffield in December but I may have a Decembeard!!
 Click to see full-size image.

However I lost a prop bet with Cossington Paperless a couple of years ago over an amount of ££ I would raise in my first Movember attempt so do owe him a tournament in fancy dress and will play the whole main event in some form of fancy dress and as I am selling at an excessively high markup any of the side events I play in sheffield which is most likely the £75 and possibly the £150 dependant upon main all backers will have their same % rolled over as a gesture from me.

Please feel free to flame away or ask any questions itt and thank you for reading but remember to not send any money to me do it via the MOVEMBER page and I will sort the buyin direct

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »

I have literally no idea what is going on, but as I am "fantastic", I am of course in.

Whoever said 'flattery gets you nowhere' was, frankly, FoS.

Allez!!
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »

I have literally no idea what is going on, but as I am "fantastic", I am of course in.

Whoever said 'flattery gets you nowhere' was, frankly, FoS.

Absolutely clueless as to what is happening here.

Where's the raffle?!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »

In for 2.5% will happily drop this/raise this depending on demand.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »

I'll punt 1% in you keso ral. Smiley good luck!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »

thumbs up
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »

thumbs up

thumbs up thumbs up

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »

Do we need to pay and you confirm or you confirm and we then pay?

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »

2.5 please
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »

All people are booked so can pay via the Movember site thanks Andy

I will confirm received itt tomorrow and thanks for the support so far!!

10.5% left

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »

£20 sent. GLGL!

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »

£50 shipped bud.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:28 AM »

All people are booked so can pay via the Movember site thanks Andy

I will confirm received itt tomorrow and thanks for the support so far!!

10.5% left

not sure how to put my blonde name, didnt sign up, but said i donated itself!

Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 12:19:32 AM »

£50 shipped bud.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 12:48:23 AM »

Recognise some of the words in that proposal....bought back happy memories and thoughts of the old man as well

1% mate
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: