blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  WPT Warm Up 50bb with QQ
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WPT Warm Up 50bb with QQ  (Read 4124 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »

hand from yesterday. i have 104k at 2kbb. average is about 78.K

UTG opens to 4.2K out of a 45K stack. solid player, not too OOL at all but we have had a few spots against each other and a big flip an hour previous where i got 28BB in with QK as i was tired and bored. he called with 88 (btn vs BB) and i won. I assign his range here as 99+ AK

I am UTG + 2, I look down at   . I decide to flat as my 3bet range will be perceived as way too tight as i have not been 3 betting much at all only in later position. there are 2 big stacks behind and a couple of players with shoving stacks and that have shoved recently, so feel they may try to isolate.

the button flats (v tight player) with 35bb

SB who has been at table 30 mins and has been snug. playing about 180K fairly quickly makes is 27.5K

UTG original raiser tank folds.

WWYD?
Should i be 3 betting pre or is the flat fine?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:16:29 PM by Junior Senior » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »

If u assign his range as 99+ AK why flat? Seems like an easy 3bet get it in pre. Sb sizing seems pretty huge. Would still be happy to get it in here now as we are hugely under repped (and seems like your original plan has worked by flatting)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »

Why is he folding kqs, aq, 88 etc?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »

Yes plan was to get it in but strongly susepected action from behind given the players and dynamics. My flat was to induce a squeeze shove. If i 3 bet then i think original raiser folds out worse such as 9-9, 10-10 or even Aq if he does have aq in his range
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 05:13:30 PM »

Flat pre seems good. I'd be getting it in now vs 95% of ppl

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »

Flatting the squeeze is an option too, since the squeezer should be incredibly polarised. Definitely makes the hand 'harder to play', but that will be the case for both players. I'd be very, very strongly tempted to flat the squeeze with AA and KK if I had chosen to play second hand low with them vs the initial raise. QQ is much more vulnerable of course and requires more protection vs villain's bluffing range, which argues in favour of jamming. But on the other hand with QQ you are pushing less equity in an all-in coup, which argues for flatting the squeeze, keeping his bluffs in,  and playing postflop in position vs a range that includes bluffs.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:24:29 PM »

Ninja edit: misread hand, thought we had 42k

Yeah flat pre is fine, only folding now with super hero read.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:28:28 PM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »

gii
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 06:53:15 PM »

i dont think id gii with anything here, would be flatting my continuing range for similar reasons to stu mentioned

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

i dont think id gii with anything here, would be flatting my continuing range for similar reasons to stu mentioned

What's the plan for when an over card flops? I know we might react to different board texture but there will be around 60kish in the pot with just over a PSB back

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »

generally fold if a/k flop. he probably still jams it on low flops.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:43 PM »

The Whole issue here centres around the fact i set this up for someone to squeeze jam so i could trap, whilst having a 10% ish chance i could fold preflop to further significant action from late position and the UTG raiser. As soon as the UTG raiser sigh folds i have him on 8-8 - JJ or Ak or maybe AQ.

Even though i now dont like it as much as i had hoped, i am totally under repped, there is 50k in the middle and i have 100k behind so flatting 23k seems bad unless i have AA or maybe KK. With QQ i just jammed thinking he would call with 10-10, J-J, AK and fold all bluffs. I was happy to pick up the dead money in the pot if he was squeezing light.

I Jammed.

He had KK. i lost, and that, folks is one cool story
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:14:40 PM by Junior Senior » Logged
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »

Why is he folding kqs, aq, 88 etc?

This would be the bottom of his range or even too low for his UTg raising range with his stack.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »

Flatting the squeeze is an option too, since the squeezer should be incredibly polarised. Definitely makes the hand 'harder to play', but that will be the case for both players. I'd be very, very strongly tempted to flat the squeeze with AA and KK if I had chosen to play second hand low with them vs the initial raise. QQ is much more vulnerable of course and requires more protection vs villain's bluffing range, which argues in favour of jamming. But on the other hand with QQ you are pushing less equity in an all-in coup, which argues for flatting the squeeze, keeping his bluffs in,  and playing postflop in position vs a range that includes bluffs.

I strongly disagree that a random person in a live £125 freezeout is polarised at all here
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 12:37:29 PM »

I strongly disagree that a random person in a live £125 freezeout is polarised at all here

Thought exactly the same thing when reading this. Larger than usual sizing probably indicative of a hand that wants to make as few post-flop decisions as possible such as TT-JJ and AK.

Stu as usual offers some great insight but probably best not to overcomplicate these spots in a live £100~ torunament. Getting it in here is not going to be a mistake.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: