blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272824 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  nlo8
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nlo8  (Read 4977 times)
willrobrobu

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:00:35 PM »

everyone is pretty tight and going with any aaxx, any a2xx and most a3xx hands. the odd donk is shoving anything pretty  regardless of whether they have a low, but most of those players have bust now

this is a call right? is it still a call vs seat 2 and seat 3 shoving?

PokerStars Hand #125382341494: Tournament #1043255687, $5.00+$0.50 USD Omaha Hi/Lo No Limit - Level VII (50/100) - 2014/11/19 12:00:53 WET [2014/11/19 7:00:53 ET]
Table '1043255687 3' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: FRED RUSSO (1441 in chips)
Seat 2: eFKa_13 (4088 in chips)
Seat 3: Acho88 (5025 in chips)
Seat 6: willrobrobu (8048 in chips)
Seat 7: gomer7777 (2500 in chips)
Seat 8: hunni a.d. (1725 in chips)
FRED RUSSO: posts the ante 10
eFKa_13: posts the ante 10
Acho88: posts the ante 10
willrobrobu: posts the ante 10
gomer7777: posts the ante 10
hunni a.d.: posts the ante 10
Acho88: posts small blind 50
willrobrobu: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to willrobrobu [ ]
gomer7777: folds
hunni a.d.: raises 1615 to 1715 and is all-in
FRED RUSSO: calls 1431 and is all-in
eFKa_13: folds
Acho88: folds
willrobrobu:
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »

i'd much rather call this in NLO, i'd still snappage this, but always folding vs seats 2 or 3 getting involved.

To win at poker is to not have to play
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »

If anyone can convince me that 4-5-7-8 is a call for 17 Bigs in NLO8, I'll officially admit I'm past it. NLO, maybe, but NL08?

Have to confess, never played NLO8, but I just assumed it is wider ranges than PLO8? But THAT wide?

Yikes.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »

I've been playing a few nlo8 turbo mtts recently and just educated guessing at wtf to do. I wouldn't even think about calling here.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »

I've been playing a few nlo8 turbo mtts recently and just educated guessing at wtf to do. I wouldn't even think about calling here.

Ahh, it never crossed my mind that this was a Turbo, guess that widens ranges even further.

Even so, I could never get comfy calling with a hand like that for 17 Bigs though.

Doobsy seems to do quite well at NLO8 Turbos, maybe he'll have a better idea.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »

it's not a turbo. it's a painfully slow structure that makes me desperate to want to get all my chips in with any 4 cards

in this specific hand we aren't heads up, it's 3 way. i think heads up i probs wouldnt call more than 5-10bb depending on oppo.

3 way though, if they both have A2xx hands we will be a significant favourite much of the time, surely?

obviously if one of them has AAxx and the other a2xx our equity wont be nearly as good but i thought maybe the hand would still be good enough to hold its own vs most 3-way holdings. plus them both having a2xx is way more likely than one having aaxx and the other a2xx no?

this is just gut instinct/educated guesswork, i havent done any calculations (whats best software for nlo8 range/equity calcs?)

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »

This is definitely not a call.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 02:21:22 PM »

Ahh, it never crossed my mind that this was a Turbo, guess that widens ranges even further.

Even so, I could never get comfy calling with a hand like that for 17 Bigs though.

I'd definitely fold here, but think it is absolutely fine for calling/shoving heads up with something like 10BBs.  Double suits make a big difference.  Good hand for tilting those fresh from PLO8 too.

Will pop up the link to the best equity site later, sure Adam can help if he is around.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »

it's not a turbo. it's a painfully slow structure that makes me desperate to want to get all my chips in with any 4 cards

in this specific hand we aren't heads up, it's 3 way. i think heads up i probs wouldnt call more than 5-10bb depending on oppo.

3 way though, if they both have A2xx hands we will be a significant favourite much of the time, surely?

obviously if one of them has AAxx and the other a2xx our equity wont be nearly as good but i thought maybe the hand would still be good enough to hold its own vs most 3-way holdings. plus them both having a2xx is way more likely than one having aaxx and the other a2xx no?

this is just gut instinct/educated guesswork, i havent done any calculations (whats best software for nlo8 range/equity calcs?)

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, but.....

Why would that make us "significant favourite"? They already have the nut low draw, they don't need to hit. (For the Low).

I suppose that, 3 way, we wont be far behind for the High, but we play to Scoop, not split, don't we? 

Maybe you are suggesting that 3 way against A-A-2 & A-2-x hands, we will often win the high in a 3 way pot & so make a (small) profit?

It's extremely unlikely in my mind that we can scoop 3 way with 4-5-7-8. Almost every card that hits us also hits the A-A-2 hand for the Low.

I just don't want to go to war with a hand that has such poor scoopio possibilities.

You are opening my eyes, though, I do need to widen my ranges a bit. Not quite THIS far yet, though. Wink 

willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »

This is definitely not a call.

surely its close at worst.
we MUST be about 40-45% here a bunch of the time THREE WAYS. when we get dominated surely we can't be far off 30%?

this isn't a weekly 530 it's a 5.50 where constantly through the whole game and regardless of stack sizes most of these guys are 'A2 = all-in'. you constantly see big aipfs a2xx vs a2xx. if anyhand is going to go three ways vs two shortstack A2xx'ers this has to be the one no?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

I'd definitely fold here, but think it is absolutely fine for calling/shoving heads up with something like 10BBs.  Double suits make a big difference. 

Good hand for tilting those fresh from PLO8 too.

Will pop up the link to the best equity site later, sure Adam can help if he is around.

I can manage the shove part, just about!

It'd not tilt me, good Lord no, but I'd deffo raise an eyebrow & make a new note on the Villain......

willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »

ok i believe that its a fold now, because i've been told so by lots of peeps... i'm just not sure why. it feels like we are getting it in sooo good!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »

ok i believe that its a fold now, because i've been told so by lots of peeps... i'm just not sure why. it feels like we are getting it in sooo good!

If it were PLO, yes, but it is just very wrong in O8, I'd say.

We are getting it in with one end crushed in O8. 

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »

our hand has great board coverage and usually a chunk of good turns when we miss, it plays well enough vs unconnected jamming hands. i'd expect the two jammers block each others outs often enough and be over playing lo hands enough of the time which is never a gtd share of the pot. we got loads of chips and we are last to act. its pretty tough to get it in drawing ultra thin. as willrobrobu says these guys are gii with most a2 and a3 hands and i'd imagine any big pair hand with lo danglers.

lets say we are up against the worst of it when we call and villains have

Two Diamonds

both flush draws are crushed and we have pair and straight outs blocked we still have 25% equity pre

when we are up against more favourable hands we have 35%

Two Diamonds
  three clubs

we will never be significant fav's vs two A2xx hands or even get over 40% but this hand will still be good enough nearly all of the time to hold its own 3 way.

To win at poker is to not have to play
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »

I'd definitely fold here, but think it is absolutely fine for calling/shoving heads up with something like 10BBs.  Double suits make a big difference. 

Good hand for tilting those fresh from PLO8 too.

I can manage the shove part, just about!

It'd not tilt me, good Lord no, but I'd deffo raise an eyebrow & make a new note on the Villain......

Heads up in NLO8 he should be shoving a large range off 10BBs, hence anything double suited with a low draw should be good enough for the low 40s% equity we need to call.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: