blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Brentford FC in the Premier League?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC in the Premier League?  (Read 15341 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »

I think that Merson is the best of the soccer saturday guys for entertainment value which is largely their remit imo

This.

They are there to entertain, not give cutting edge analysis.

I like Merson and Kammy.

Jeff Stelling is the guvnor obviously.

It's a damning indictment that I consider Merson to be the one who makes most sense when discussing football. He actually argues a point that differs from the standard opinions sometimes (like United haven't turned a corner at all; they're massively overachieving). Agree with it or not, at least it's a reasoned opinion. Would help if he could pronounce names, yes.

Charlie Nicholas meanwhile must have info on the boss. The James Brown toy would be more insightful.

Kammy...listen carefully...a footballer heading a ball into a goal on a football pitch in a football match is not unbelievable. If it is actually unbelievable, your job as the person to convince the audience of what just happened is redundant.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »

I think that Merson is the best of the soccer saturday guys for entertainment value which is largely their remit imo

Merson still has the one of the best lines in the programme's history:

Merson:  "Good work on the wing by Autovic".
Stelling:  "It's "ANautovic"
Merson:  "What?  Is there more than one of him?"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »

Stelling is brilliant, a real craftsman of a presenter

can't stand any of the "pundits" on soccer saturday, many of whom can barely speak English. i appreciate its not meant to be detailed analysis but its simply too basic

but you could put four goats in tuxedos next to stelling and it would be better than 3 hours of final score on the bbc with garth crooks (particularly), claridge and hartson plus whichever hapless presenter has to throw to them for comments

simply unwatchable, with so little imagination in production, presentation and punditry that it hurts

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »

can't stand any of the "pundits" on soccer saturday, many of whom can barely speak English. i appreciate its not meant to be detailed analysis but its simply too basic

but you could put four goats in tuxedos next to stelling and it would be better than 3 hours of final score on the bbc with garth crooks (particularly), claridge and hartson plus whichever hapless presenter has to throw to them for comments

simply unwatchable, with so little imagination in production, presentation and punditry that it hurts

Honestly think the whole thing would crash and burn without Stelling.

I can't bear to watch the midweek version without him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »

This is a really good article about Benham, Brentford and FC Midtjylland. Well worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/22/brentford-mathematical-modelling-denmark

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »

I've no idea if it is true, but it is repeatedly rumoured in the back corridors of Sky that Stelling is their highest paid Presenter, & by some way.

Been doing it a good while, too, & from what we see generally, he does not appear to be the sort to fritter money away, so he must be worth as much as Piggott. Almost.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2015, 11:57:27 AM »

Looking forward to you retiring from next door Tony so that you can finally give us all the gossip from behind the scenes.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »

I've no idea if it is true, but it is repeatedly rumoured in the back corridors of Sky that Stelling is their highest paid Presenter, & by some way.

Been doing it a good while, too, & from what we see generally, he does not appear to be the sort to fritter money away, so he must be worth as much as Piggott. Almost.

I'm not at all surprised he's top paid presenter.

But how would his wages compare to Henry, Neville and the boys?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »

I'm not at all surprised he's top paid presenter.

But how would his wages compare to Henry, Neville and the boys?

No idea.

I must stress it is only rumour, but the number I repeatedly hear for Stelling tops the rumoured Henry numbers. I have no ideas what Neville gets, but he must be getting plenty, he is top notch.

Football is a monsta part of the Sky Business plan, & extremely lucrative business. Just as the players have reaped huge rewards, so have all the peripheral players, Agents, TV sorts etc. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »

Hope it's true, because Stelling is abs comedy!

He also has his own drinking game Wink

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 07:08:18 PM »

Just once I'd like him to say

"The ball is in the back of the net at Anfield/Highbury/Old Trafford"

and the goal actually counts.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 07:19:43 PM »

This is a really good article about Benham, Brentford and FC Midtjylland. Well worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/22/brentford-mathematical-modelling-denmark

Very interesting read.

Thanks for posting.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »

Excellent article,  I believe Celtic coach Ronny Delia is big on analysis and super fitness and would like to see him developm more of these ideas but Celtic fans might be a bit fickle for it.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:46 PM »

@OptaJoe: 42 - Brentford had 42 shots vs Blackpool tonight, 10 more than any team has managed in a Championship game this season. Relentless.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 09:31:43 AM »

@OptaJoe: 42 - Brentford had 42 shots vs Blackpool tonight, 10 more than any team has managed in a Championship game this season. Relentless.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: