blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 88495 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/serving-notice-on-sevco/

Interesting take from Phil Macgiollabhain.  He's been pretty resourceful when it has come to Rangers so he may well be right on his take. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 01:49:18 AM »

Disappointed I never backed Motherwell @ 19/10 looks a particularly good bet now as best price is 11/8. 

I still like Dundee @ 5/2 and will be backing them along with a few others.  I will mostly back singles/doubles.

St Johnstone @ 15/8 - Saints aren't the greatest team but they are on a streak and playing with more confidence and getting players back fit and Kilmarnock are a poor team. 

I will be having a very small bet on Alloa at 17/2 away to Hibs. Hibs aren't 4/9 shots against anyone in this league.

I think Aidrie are slightly overpriced against Dunfermline.  I can't back Airdrie with much confidence but fancy they are a smidgen too big against a Dunfermline team that concedes too many goals, even though they are 2nd in the table. The Diamonds don't score many but if they manage to get their noses in front they are fairly solid defensively.  16/5 for a home win is a bit of value. 

It's not often I'll stick up a 4/11 shot but I'd make Forfar much shorter against the Albinos.  Stirling Albion are in terminal decline.  I'd make Forfar more like 1/5 at home against Stirling Albion.  I think they would have been shorter had it not been for the fact they have come through a relatively sticky spell but have back to back wins. 

In the 3rd tier game all our normal home bankers are away tomorrow and whilst I expect mostly away wins at the priced they all seem a litle skinny to me.  My preference would be a small bet on a draw @ 3/1 between Clyde and Albion Rovers. 

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 12:09:28 PM »

Brilliant appointment for Motherwell.

Will utilise his knowledge of the English lower leagues to get us some Stars.

Ian Baraclough

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »

Brilliant appointment for Motherwell.

Will utilise his knowledge of the English lower leagues to get us some Stars.

Ian Baraclough

FFS wp Well, that was the appointment I was waiting on before betting them, seems someone knew last night when the price went from 19/10 into 11/8.  I expected the reveal to be before todays game to provide the players with a boost.   

One of my good mates is a big Sligo Rovers fan and he was impressed with Barraclough in his time there.   I obvs hope he fails at Motherwell :-)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2014, 05:26:17 PM »

I've had worse days.  It was looking like a really nice day until Motherwell managed to throw away 3 points in injury time.  Moral of the story there is not to back when the assumed value has gone.  I ended up being swayed towards them when the new manager was announced. 

Ended up with 3 away wins in the bottom tier out of 4 games.

Strange set of results up and down the country I think.   Disappointed that Dundee were 2 - 0 down so early, I don't feel as if we got a run for our money there.  I  have a friend who was there today supporting Hamilton I'll get his thoughts later. 

For now with a small win I'm off to the Christmas Party. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »

So Rangers announce to the Stock exchange today that McCoist has invoked as 12 month notice period in his contract.  In dong so he gets a £350k pay rise.  So the club were already in deep shit and rumours circulating on another impending administration and Super Ally pulls this stunt. 

What a mess. 

In other news Celtic find out today who they face in the last 32 of the Europa League.  Not expecting us to go far now we can't draw Liverpool. 

I was under impression that the 8 teams finishing 2nd would draw a team coming out the Champions league. 
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »

So Rangers announce to the Stock exchange today that McCoist has invoked as 12 month notice period in his contract.  In dong so he gets a £350k pay rise.  So the club were already in deep shit and rumours circulating on another impending administration and Super Ally pulls this stunt. 

What a mess. 

In other news Celtic find out today who they face in the last 32 of the Europa League.  Not expecting us to go far now we can't draw Liverpool. 

I was under impression that the 8 teams finishing 2nd would draw a team coming out the Champions league. 

Happy with the Draw?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:23 PM »

What a mess. 

Happy with the Draw?

Happy enough, I think both teams are pretty gash and f we can sort our  a centre half during the windo and Guidetti is registered for the next round of games we should be in with a chance. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »

One of the coaches on my list of people needing chased out the game has left his post today. Jim Jefferies has left Dunfermline.

John McGlynn has also left Livingston today, I don't know too much about him other than he's good with young players, he might be in with a shout as Scotland under 21 coach, if only he was liked by the SFA.

In other news Celtic have been charged by UEFA for fans misbehaving in Zagreb by letting off a flair. If only they were so prompt in dealing with racism and corruption.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »

More bad news for Rangers - SPFL are to withold £250,000 of television funds due to them over an unpaid part of their fine for the EBT's. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30510604

In other news Celtic's Alexander Tonev failed to have his 7 match ban appeal overturned for racist comments he is alledged to have made against Shay Logan or Aberdeen.  To be clear, I abhor racism and if there was a shred of evidence against this guy I'd be the first one to call for him to be forcibly removed from the club and a maximum fine imposed but this is one guy's word against another.  There is no evidence in support of the charge brought by the SFA.   All very strange.  It would be easy enough to use another racial slur and say that many Eastern European nations have issues with racism especially towards black players but that is not helpful in this debate. 

From the BBC  "It was revealed that the original decision had been based on the belief that Logan, 26, was a more reliable and convincing witness than Tonev, 24." You what, now?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »

Would Logan make it up tho? I just can't see he would.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »

That's not the point.  I don't no either so really couldn't say.  But to find someone guilty of such an offence I'd at least want to see some evidence or witness. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2014, 03:37:38 PM »

That's not the point.  I don't no either so really couldn't say.  But to find someone guilty of such an offence I'd at least want to see some evidence or witness. 

But there are no witnesses. Therefore, wouldn't it be more reasonable to accept the word of the victim?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

But there are no witnesses. Therefore, wouldn't it be more reasonable to accept the word of the victim?

I'd say no.  If there are no witnesses there should be no charges.  Perhaps a quiet word with the player and it brought to his attention that should there be any further misdemeanours then it won't be looked upon favourably. 

Put this into context:

Ian Black Was Banned for 10 games for betting not only in games he wasn't involved in (against the rules in Scotland) but betting against his own team.  There was a body of evidence against him.

Duncan Ferguson who nutted Jock McStay got a 12 game ban alongside a spell in Bar.

I don't mean to pick out Rangers players but these are scenarios I remember were there was clear evidence of a breach in rules.

Jim Goodwin - 3 game band recently for an Elbow, he's also a serial offender.

A player at Berwick was banned for 6 games - Jack Hay - I think for a tweet he made again clear evidence. 

If there was evidence against Tonev as I have said I'd be the first to want him out and whilst we were at it I'd want that Zionist scumbag Biton removed as well. 

Leigh Griffiths - was filmed in a song which, imo had overtly racists undertones and would have been deserving of a ban. 
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »

I'd say no.  If there are no witnesses there should be no charges.  Perhaps a quiet word with the player and it brought to his attention that should there be any further misdemeanours then it won't be looked upon favourably. 

Put this into context:

Ian Black Was Banned for 10 games for betting not only in games he wasn't involved in (against the rules in Scotland) but betting against his own team.  There was a body of evidence against him.

Duncan Ferguson who nutted Jock McStay got a 12 game ban alongside a spell in Bar.

I don't mean to pick out Rangers players but these are scenarios I remember were there was clear evidence of a breach in rules.

Jim Goodwin - 3 game band recently for an Elbow, he's also a serial offender.

A player at Berwick was banned for 6 games - Jack Hay - I think for a tweet he made again clear evidence. 

If there was evidence against Tonev as I have said I'd be the first to want him out and whilst we were at it I'd want that Zionist scumbag Biton removed as well. 

Leigh Griffiths - was filmed in a song which, imo had overtly racists undertones and would have been deserving of a ban. 

No rape trials, dont get seen lads....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: