blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 88519 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2015, 12:33:03 AM »

Its a joke and nothing but pure greed by the PLC. 

Every team is allowed one cancellation per season I thought? Aberdeen done it in week 2.

Celtic are gonna win the league. Aberdeen fans need a reality check.

2 games one at the beginning of the season and one in January i just dont see the point in taking a game now when they are still in 4 competitions
and when you add in 2 friendly games its alot to ask of the players 

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2015, 12:35:05 AM »

I think a lot depends on what teams they put out, I'd say it's easier playing two friendlies in the sun, than training in scotland.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2015, 12:44:23 AM »

http://www.espnfc.com/scottish-championship/story/2228568/nba-phoenix-suns-owner-robert-sarver-makes-bid-to-purchase-scottish-giant-rangers-fc-marc-stein

Is this well known in the UK?  First i have heard of it.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2015, 12:45:38 AM »

Smoke and mirrors. 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2015, 12:46:34 AM »

heard it on the radio Scotland this evening

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2015, 12:52:31 AM »

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/buyers-remorse/#more-5659
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/financial-crisis-deadly-serious-as-rangers-enter-crucial-week.115488187?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%20Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%20Premier%20League%20News&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2015, 07:17:34 AM »

Things getting weirder at Ibrox.  Felix Magath buys 1% of the club and starts making noises about becoming manager. 

The Amercan has taken to making statements saying he is not involved with any other individual/group who has shafted the club before. 

The biggest news in Scotland this week has been Alex Neil moving to Norwich.  Really never seen that one coming.  I have been impressed by his work at Hamilton but he has very little experience.  If I were Norwich and wanted a Scottish manager I'd have looked at McInnes/McNamara over Neil.  I wish him luck though, maybe now Gary Hooper will get some game time. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2015, 07:56:34 AM »

Dundee haven't won in 8.  I think its fair to say they have been a tad unlucky on a number of occasions.  They also see to have lacked concentration at key times especially in the early parts of games finding themselves fighting an uphill battle. 

Injury wise they have been stuggling recently but with players returning and the signing of former Bulgarian Under 20 international Kostadin Gadzhalov likely to make his debut this weekend they might  just be about to turn things around.  He;s not a player I know much about but he must have showed something as a youngster to get recognised by the national set up.  He looks a big strong lad and with the influential Gary Harkins back then today could be the day to side with Dundee.  Motherwell are pretty terrible and the introduction of Ian Barroclough as manager hasn't had the desired effect yet.  They struggle for goals.  Earlier in the week Dundee were mostly around the 4/5 mark but they are drifing slightly and I could be tempted to bet them by kick off if they get above the 1.9.

Ross County have a pethora of injuries, they are struggling for confidence and are in a poor state on the park.  Partick Thistle on the other hand are one of the form teams in the SPL, playing wih confidence, scoring for fun (relative terms) and look a good bet at 13/8 with Billy Hill.  I'd have made them 13/10 shots for this one. 

I think I want to be with Airdrie again today but the price is probably about right at 11/10 most placed.  Although Corals 23/20 could entice me in.  Funny old game.  Fairly difficult to get reliable team news for these games so early in the day but I'll wait to hear.  The obvious threat to this bet is Peterhead are an excellent away team although they sit in 7th in the league if we were looking at just away games they would be 3rd.   Big difference in a 10 team league. 

Morton have been on a pretty dismal run and I think we have been on the right side of that a few times, today might be the game that sees them get back on track but at 6/5 I think I can leave them but they could be a bet in a muggy acca. 

Today seems quite difficult.  Many of the games are too tough to call.  I could make a case for opposing a few of the shorties awy from home.  But t wouldn't be too convincing. 

Muggy Lucky 15.

Partick
Airdrie
Morton
Albion Rovers
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »

Dundee haven't won in 8.  I think its fair to say they have been a tad unlucky on a number of occasions.  They also see to have lacked concentration at key times especially in the early parts of games finding themselves fighting an uphill battle. 

Injury wise they have been stuggling recently but with players returning and the signing of former Bulgarian Under 20 international Kostadin Gadzhalov likely to make his debut this weekend they might  just be about to turn things around.  He;s not a player I know much about but he must have showed something as a youngster to get recognised by the national set up.  He looks a big strong lad and with the influential Gary Harkins back then today could be the day to side with Dundee.  Motherwell are pretty terrible and the introduction of Ian Barroclough as manager hasn't had the desired effect yet.  They struggle for goals.  Earlier in the week Dundee were mostly around the 4/5 mark but they are drifing slightly and I could be tempted to bet them by kick off if they get above the 1.9.

Ross County have a pethora of injuries, they are struggling for confidence and are in a poor state on the park.  Partick Thistle on the other hand are one of the form teams in the SPL, playing wih confidence, scoring for fun (relative terms) and look a good bet at 13/8 with Billy Hill.  I'd have made them 13/10 shots for this one. 

I think I want to be with Airdrie again today but the price is probably about right at 11/10 most placed.  Although Corals 23/20 could entice me in.  Funny old game.  Fairly difficult to get reliable team news for these games so early in the day but I'll wait to hear.  The obvious threat to this bet is Peterhead are an excellent away team although they sit in 7th in the league if we were looking at just away games they would be 3rd.   Big difference in a 10 team league. 

Morton have been on a pretty dismal run and I think we have been on the right side of that a few times, today might be the game that sees them get back on track but at 6/5 I think I can leave them but they could be a bet in a muggy acca. 

Today seems quite difficult.  Many of the games are too tough to call.  I could make a case for opposing a few of the shorties awy from home.  But t wouldn't be too convincing. 

Muggy Lucky 15.

Partick
Airdrie
Morton
Albion Rovers

Today seems one of the hardest football days I have ever seen, in both Scottish and English leagues. Very few strongly fancied teams.

Rangers situation good for the hearts bet I sense. If they got there act together early in the month and strengthened it wouldn't be ideal. As a hearts fan I watch with interest.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2015, 09:28:37 AM »

Muggy Lucky 15.

Partick
Airdrie
Morton
Albion Rovers

Today seems one of the hardest football days I have ever seen, in both Scottish and English leagues. Very few strongly fancied teams.

Rangers situation good for the hearts bet I sense. If they got there act together early in the month and strengthened it wouldn't be ideal. As a hearts fan I watch with interest.

They are incapab of doing so, too much bad blood.  No trust and no leadership or direction. 

Position this with how things were at Celtic when Bank of Scotland were trying to close us down or at Hearts through various struggles or even Motherwell.  The "people" aren't that great at doing things for themselves. 

I have been impressed with the way "Hands on Hibs" have gone about their business in trying to force Farmer's hand. 
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »

Shame about the postponements today!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

Shame about the postponements today!

Meh. 
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

Muggy Lucky 15.

Partick
Airdrie
Morton
Albion Rovers

They are incapab of doing so, too much bad blood.  No trust and no leadership or direction. 

Position this with how things were at Celtic when Bank of Scotland were trying to close us down or at Hearts through various struggles or even Motherwell.  The "people" aren't that great at doing things for themselves. 

I have been impressed with the way "Hands on Hibs" have gone about their business in trying to force Farmer's hand. 

The rangers issues and a young decent hearts side bodes well for us I think. Less punters going west, can't see many kids rushing to support them. This relegation has probably been a breath of fresh air.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »

I agree, I think it will have a major impact on Hibs/Aberdeen as well.    Maybe even Dundee United now they are posting profit. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: