blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Few MTT FT Hands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Few MTT FT Hands  (Read 1671 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »

It's a £11 BH FT, 5 handed. There's me, 3 generally passive players, and a mania who is the chip leader, and has been running awesome.

Hand 1:

We have  in the BB Blinds 600/1200. I have Just under 20k at the start of the hand.

UTG Limps (32400) UTG+1 LImps (maniac 82k) SB Calls the extra 600 (9025). **SB Will limp <10BB, he will also 3/4 x out of his 10bb stack, he does this with pocket pairs 88 Plus, AK etc

And...

We Check...lol

My stack is to shallow to be raising - I need to raise massive to get it HU. TBH weird spot first time I've ever not raised KQ ever over limpers. Our stacks pretty ackward. Also if I Jam I expect maniac is calling (bounties yo) I don't want to be flipping in a 60/40 when i'll get far better spots imo.

Flop, 

SB Checks, We Check, UTG Bets 4.8k (pot), Maniac Calls, SB Folds. We Jam. Felt it was too good a spot to turn down if they had us beat fair does.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2 We have 35k, blinds still 600/1200 - still 5 handed.

Folds too button who limps (14k), SB Makes up (12k).

We have  in BB. Importatntly the maniac has folded (who if calls pre never folds to a raise). The 2 players in the hand are really short stacked. They play really straight up - passive. Raising big hands.

I decided to squeeze, tbh thought a 3 x raise was getting through.

We make it 3.6k Total. Should have maybe went a bit more if I was going to do this. They both call. Pot 10,800.

We get a dream flop A 8 8. They never have an ace here imo - fully expect raises pre, unless the Button has a raggy ace. Highly unlikely sb has an ace.

We bet 3.6 k they both fold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 3

It's now 3 handed. We have Ace 8 in the SB (29k at start of hand). It's the maniac massive chip leader in the BB. Passive nitty player, has like <10bigs. He has been shortstacked pre bubble>post bubble> FT Bubble> Whole FT. The maniac has kept doubling him up with junk at the FT.

We min raise.  call (6400) Blinds 800/1600

Flop;   

We Check, maniac still stab most flops.

They bet 4800, we call. Pot 22k.

Turn,  , Check, Bet 6.4k call. Pot 28k. - We have 16k Behind.

River  . We Jam.

They could have a 5 etc,  but felt we had the best hand here most times.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »

Larson me old mucker Wink

Hand 1: shove pre.

Hand 2: Hate it.

Hand 3: Check/call it off on river.

Best Bitter.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:44:33 PM »

Hand 1 I'd jam. Don't agree with your assessment that your stack is "pretty awkward". On the contrary, I think you have the perfect stack size to jam.

Hand 2 I don't really know what to say about this hand. Nice sizing on the flop I guess.

Hand 3 As played I'd check river and hope he jams. He is a maniac, right? However, I'd probably c/r jam the flop. You say he is stabbing loads, so I like the flop check. But with effective stacks this short, and the vulnerability of your hand, and the good chance he calls with worse, and the fact that you are perfectly happy if he folds something like QJ now that he has bet it, c/r jamming seems like the play.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »

Hand 1 - Jam pre, as everyone else has said, stack sizes are perfect for a jam pre. As played the flop jam is pretty horrible, kinda hard for them to have anything since we already have a Q, and there really aren't any bad turns for us. Just call and let them keep firing/over-value their hand, it's not like they're gonna fold a Q on a later street but they may continue with hands that would fold now.

Hand 2 - This is very spewey imo, if we're gonna squeeze we should be jamming pre given the stack sizes of the two limpers. Even then, our hand is so dreadful its just not worth it. As played, we basically have to call off here if either one jams, and we've made it ridic awkward to play post given the spr. So yh, check pre >>>> Jam pre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> raise pre.

Hand 3 - I don't really like min-raising sb to bb, I like to either limp or make it a little bigger, but I guess that's just me. As for flop, I don't mind bet calling or check jamming given what you've said about the villain, as Honeybadger says we're going to get looked up by worse, and we have a lot to protect against. This is basically the only possible good runout for our hand, we don't have a good enough hand to trap with given the board texture.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:44:24 PM »

Hand 1 was pretty bleh, TBH I thought I had closer to 20bbs, I had about 16ish, which is defo more of a jam than 20bb.

Hand 3, like check jamming the flop for sure.

Hand 2, I think we can raise pretty much any 2 pre against these types of players profitably. Just sucks they both call. But the continuation bet was pretty sexy
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:17:17 PM »

Even with no antes in Sky tournaments I'm jamming pre in hand one.

Hand 2 - Used to do stuff like this when I first started learning aggression. Learnt pretty quickly this is not the way to be aggressive. Check.

Hand 3 - what Stu said. River jam makes your c/calling the turn pretty bad unless you think he's the type to always bluff the turn but never bluff the river, which is a pretty specific read.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: