blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104805 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »

^^^^^^ This is the best few days I've ever had at cash.

There's a massive difference between my win rate at Cash / MTT's. As in time spent playing the games/ profit.

But i'm constantly improving at MTT's, and as I start playing higher buy in games, profit for the time spent on them should be a lot more decent.

Also with MTT's nothing beats a deep run / Final Tabling and winning a tournament. I can also play Cash alongside tourneys,  getting the best of both worlds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diaries/ Blogs  

I've kept a blog of some sort or another since I started playing poker. It's really good to keep me motivated or just put down my thoughts as to what's happening at any given time.

One of my favourite diarie's was Gazza's next door. It was raw and it was real, there was never a middle ground it was always full of highs or lows/ Big Wins or Losses. He told his story amazingly well and was always entertaining to read.

On here also there are some great diaries, some that have been going forever!

It does seem to have been quieter recently in here though and also in PHA. Maybe it's just the time of year, or it's just like poker has its peaks and troughs.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:21:57 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »

Ended up coming 2nd in last night's main for just under 1k.

I ended up on a really sweet table at 8k, blinds about 150/300. It was the most passive table ever, played the same table for atleast an hour, not 1 player busted. I was able to just win a tone of small pots to get up to about 20k and into the money.

My chips were never at risk. Was about 5 or 6th out of 35. It was awesome, just kept chipping up with no risk to my stack, getting up to about 60k.

The 1st time my stack was at risk, was on the last 2 tables. Things had turned a bit, and had lost 20k, of my 60 k stack down about 40k, with 11/12 left.

I opened XX in the SB, BB 3 bet, I 4 bet jammed and he tank folded. It would be this player that would go onto win.

Managed to win a nice pot, with a set of versus KQ on a Q high board for a full double up to about 95k, which put me 3/4 out of 9.

Lost a couple of all ins against shorties to put me back down to 40k. Grinded my 13-15 bigs for a while, managed to pick up KK against shorties AQ aipf, to get back up to about 80/90 k and the FT 5th/6, but there wasn't agreat deal in it amongst the shorter stacks.

Player quickly busted in 6th.

We look down at JJ UTG, min raise @ 2k/4k, BB clicks it back from 8k, to 12k, only 4k to call. We call, J high flop, he checks, we bet bet jam. He calls with KK, which put him down to 50k. We are the chip leader!

Couple of hands later, I knock the same player out with Ace 10, on xxxA board. He had ace 8.

4 handed we have 50% of the chips in play, 400kish, everyone else has 100k or under. The other 3 players are all regs. Was able to apply a lot of ICM pressure.

We min raise AQ UTG UTG plus 1 jams, BB also jams, they had 75k each. We call, 3 way all in 4 handed!

They both had about 12 bigs iirc, think I have to call. 88 and AK, 88's hitting a set.

Couple of hands later, we knocked the 3rd player out, to get to HU.

I had about 450k in chips, they had about 350k.

HU I played really bad. Played one of the worst hands I've ever played, moved all in on the river on the most ridiculous bluff that didn't make sense and was an easyish call with top pair.

That left me with 60k, got it in the next hand which I lost.

The winner played excellent through out, if you read this, very well done!

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2015, 12:28:45 PM »

Lost a couple of all ins against shorties to put me back down to 40k.

I noticed Matt made the FT Wink

Nice result. Has Lambo conceded that bet yet?

Life has no rebuy options
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

Lost a couple of all ins against shorties to put me back down to 40k.

I noticed Matt made the FT Wink

Nice result. Has Lambo conceded that bet yet?

NH WP
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:26 PM »

Cheers Max

Well done on your roller win, fine result sir.

Has Lambo conceded that bet yet?

Not yet Cheesy

--------------------------------------------------------

Won my 1st tournament of March tonight, a £11 BH for just under £200 and plus 150 euros at cash

#Love Poker
#Sick heater
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2015, 11:57:39 PM »

Managed to bink the same tournie as last night for £240, first time ever back to back wins Grin

Look at this beauty

(95K) Blinds 1.25/2.5K

Raise to 5K.

Call (74k)

Flop:    

They lead for 2.5k, Raise 10k, Min Click back 20K, We're all in! Call.

Show  

BOOOOOOOM

#Sick heater
#Never End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great  to see new diaries popping up, butt why not call it ,auf wiedersehen, pet Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:01:31 AM by shipitgood » Logged
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2015, 03:44:01 AM »

Nice work on the tourny results mate. Can you send me some run good for Sunday, cheers pal.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2015, 01:19:36 PM »

Bricked every MTT last night (as well as cash)

Wasn't playing particularly well.

Funny old game poker!

Up to yesterday can't believe the run I had, is by far the best spell I've ever had at poker.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »

Congrats on the good run mate! Hard work paying off is very satisfying Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2015, 12:56:22 AM »

MTT's since last week have been pretty poor, havn't really got anything going. Cash has been quite decent.

I played really bad last night, was good to get night off tonight, was at the Celtic game.

Managed to trounce Dundee Utd 4-0 in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup, next up is Inverness in the Semi-Final.

Ronny Deilia has really turned the team around and we're in a great position to do the treble this year.

Going to get a session in tomorrow night, i'm going to start a bit later than usual.

Starting at 7:45 with the £11 BH
8:00 £33 Main BH
8:15 £11BH
9:00 £55 BH
9:30 BH

Really looking forward to tomorrow night, get some wins back on the board!

Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2015, 02:22:23 AM »

MTT's since last week have been pretty poor, havn't really got anything going. Cash has been quite decent.

I played really bad last night, was good to get night off tonight, was at the Celtic game.

Managed to trounce Dundee Utd 4-0 in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup, next up is Inverness in the Semi-Final.

Ronny Deilia has really turned the team around and we're in a great position to do the treble this year.

Going to get a session in tomorrow night, i'm going to start a bit later than usual.

Starting at 7:45 with the £11 BH
8:00 £33 Main BH
8:15 £11BH
9:00 £55 BH
9:30 BH

Really looking forward to tomorrow night, get some wins back on the board!

Good MTT selection, must have a good advisor! Should play the mini too. Jackpot bonus innit!
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2015, 04:32:56 AM »

You gonna play some micro millions when they come around mate? Would be down to swap some ℅ just for the sweat
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2015, 03:32:31 AM »

Matt the best of course - Boss.

KP won't be playing the micromillions mate, will be a few months before i'm playing on Stars.

I played the schedule above ^^^^^^^, plus a £22 game plus another £11 game. Am quite happy with how I played through out, just ran really cold.

Was quite a frustrating night for MTT's, another night and not even one deep run. I guess it's variance.

Must have spent about £130-140 on MTTs tonight.

Luckily, I ran golden on cash for a very decent profit and to finish the day on a high.

Literally cash has saved me over the past 6 days.

Reckon i'm going to take tomorrow off, play some more MTTs on Saturday. Defo going to jot down some interesting hands and spots, just to make sure i'm not butchering things. Might post some hands in here on Sat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the last live Sky Poker TV show tonight. When I started playing on Sky it was through my TV using the remote haha it was prob not long after that I first discovered 861, I used to love watching the Mastercash hours when I started out, it seemed crazy for me people were playing for £100/£200 pots, or even £50 pots. It got me fascinated by the game. I seen a lot of players, aliases, and remember thinking "they are really good". I have been really lucky over the time to get to know most of those folk, most of them are decent Wink

Anna Fowler and Richard Orford were fantastic presenters, Sky Poker TV was defo punching above their weight having such talents fronting the show.

Not to mention the irrepressible young Mr Tikay, Ryan and all the other analysts on the show.

I always wondered if the show generated enough knew business through the shows to justify the cost of the show, maybe to some extent it did by the sheer amount of time it ran. Eight years, that's pretty amazing when you think about it!

Whatever way, it's exciting they have a slot on Sky Sports for a couple of hours on a Tuesday. Hopefully it will generate a lot more new customers to the site given the wider audience it will receive. Only time well tell.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:35:59 AM by shipitgood » Logged
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2015, 03:49:43 AM »

What's your plans for live cash Kev?

I read a few pages back you were planning on taking a shot at 1/2. That still the case?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »

Hey mate,

Just been going so well online at the moment mate, havnt got round to it yet.

Defo need to though! Especially in the run up to the unibet open.

Been trying to talk my friend into going too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: