blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104804 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »

Went up for a swim today. Really need to start using dat membership!

Going to start going to the gym/ swimming pool atleast 4 times a week.

With swimming want to do atleast 3 sessions a week, swimming atleast 6 km.

Had some bad news recently. My Aunt has cancer, it's now at 85% of the affected organ.

Kemo doesn't seem to be working now, it's not looking good.

She is  an inspiration, always so positive despite everything that's been going on.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:16 PM »

Took my mum and dad up to see my Aunt on Wednesday.

She is so strong and positive, it's truly inspirational.

My cousins getting married in a couple of weeks, something for my Aunt to look forward to and hopefully she will get to see the summer.

When stuff like this happens, it really puts stuff in perspective.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Swimming: Have got in a couple of sessions in since my last post, momentum!

Poker: I was going to post up Cash Results and Also MTT results for March. Don't think it's that interesting so wont bother, but was a fantastic month overall, and possibly my best month ever for poker.

I played a few MTT's last night, I had a very decent stack in the Main from about 40 left, was in the top 6 most of the way. In the latter stages, I made one bad call (pretty terrible being honest!) which still left me with a very healthy stack, but from then on I defo lost a lot of momentum. Went card dead, was getting total junk, blinded down to about 10 bigs with 8 left, got it in BB/ SB and lost a flip. It's just one of those ones I don't think I could have done much differently apart from that one hand.

Should make priority tonight, so will be getting about £330 rakeback on the 1st April.

This month has just went so well online didn't get the opportunity to get any live games in, will do in April tho for sure.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:14:20 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2015, 02:19:18 AM »

Won the 7 45 bh for the 3rd time this month, they should probs be renaming it! Going 2 play the wsop main event. Selling 50% at 100 percent mark up. Big $$$$ up top and a fantastic opportunity for you 2 becOme a millionaire
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »

Elections zzzzzzzzzzzz

With the election coming up I was thinking about it - whether to vote or not.

It's all we're going to hear about for the next month plus and it's tedious already.

The worse thing about all the campaigning is the fact instead of promoting their own ideas/ policies all the parties seem to do is attack/ put their opponents down.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Voting system

Where I stay is a Labour hotspot, they always win the seat by a landslide.

It would be far better in my opinion to have some sort of proportional representation.

So in a "safe seat" area atleast if you don't vote for that party you know your vote still matters to some extent. This would be especially good for the smaller parties like The Greens.

Out of all the political parties they actually seem quite decent, some of their ideas might seem a bit "wooly", but defo good they go against the grain.

Under the current system smaller parties have little chance and overall it would be good to mix up the political landscape to involve more political parties in government.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »

Going to Play the UKOPs games tonight, plus another rcouple of MTTs.

Bounty Hunter 4 19:00 £3.30 £1,000
Bounty Hunter 5 20:00 £110.00 £20,000
Rebuy 6 20:30 £5.50 £3,000
Bounty Hunter 7 21:00 £22.00 £4,000
Bounty Hunter 8 22:00 £55 £5,000

Playing all these apart from the £110, not to sure about this 1 yet.

At the moment it's maybe ayes maybe nos. Decisions
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2015, 09:41:05 PM »

Play the lot mate, the 110 is the cherry of them all!  Good luck, good luck!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »

Never played the £110 game in the end, just a bit to rich for me!

Spent about £120/130 on MTT's last night, loads of different ones. In the end I was down about £60 for MTTs, and over all for the day made a profit of £180 so about + 240 from cash.

I normally don't play much on a Sunday - it's the worst day of the week for cash imo plus Easter Dinner:D.

Instead, going to play tonight. Pretty much it should be mostly the same games as last night.

Didn't get a wiff of a FT last night, tonight is the NIGHT.

V happy with how I played last night, apart from 3 hands where my play was a bit dodgy.

Lets do wins tonight Grin

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »

I guess you mainly play on sky? How do you find the cash games on there?
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »

Really reg heavy especially this time of year, but most "regs" are bad tight ABC at my level.

Epic Slow roll/ Amazing poker commentary

How to slow roll, 3 mins in:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:19:25 PM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2015, 12:36:03 AM »

Not played much poker this week, been brilliant just to chill out.

Cuz's weddings on Saturday.

Picked up my suit from the dry cleaners, thought I was going to need to buy a new pair of shoes. But found a smart pair I had forgotten all about, all polished and good to go:D

Just need to buy a tie tomorrow, got to be something colourful!

Will be awesome to see all the family and in particular my Aunt.

The wedding's only been organised in the last few weeks. If you havn't read a few pages back, my Aunt is quite seriously ill with cancer.

She is an amazing person and will for sure be a great day.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »

Wedding was really good.

Might have had a few pints on peroni disco

Aunt was really good through out.

------------------------------------------------

Have played a lot less poker this month compared to usual. Only sitting on 2.7k poker points normally it'd be atleast 5k by middle of the month.

Really want to get a big grind in Thursday, Friday or Sat, Plus Sunday.

Managed to win the 9pm £55 bh last night, a bit of a monkey off my back. I have won a MTT at every stake on SP apart from the Sunday Roller (£110 bi).

Going to start playing MTT's regularly on stars from next month. Having a warm up session this Sunday - playing all the same MTT's as Chris (over the border) just need to sort out a bet of who wins the most!

Seen this stars player on sharkscope, he's up over 180k so far this year alone, cant remember the user id, but in this week alone, it's just bink bink bink bink lol

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2015, 08:41:40 PM »

I will be on the old sunday grind on stars, what's your nickname, I'll keep an eye out for you. I trust totr playing the Sunday mtts and all the big x's?
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2015, 02:18:29 PM »

I'd have asked on the 'Poker Mentor' thread but I don't seem to be able to reply on there, presumably cos I have <300 blonde posts...

It's probably just me being stupid but I don't get what it is you want. Are you asking for mentoring but you pay all your own BIs and they get a % of your profit for the mentoring? Are you looking for a longterm deal where someone takes 30% (for example) of every comp you play in return for mentoring?

Unless you go into a proper staking agreement it all sounds a bit confusing and I'd stick to just paying for some coaching if you want it and/or selling action on a one off basis. Fwiw you already got a pretty sick group of players to get advice from in the Skype group we chat in if it's not full on 1to1 coaching you're looking for and that's free!

Out of interest, how come you sell %s so often for stuff like Sky? Do you constantly withdraw almost all of your winnings? I'm just thinking, you must easillyyy be rolled for every single MTT on Sky no problem, is it a confidence issue or what?

Also, if you wanna branch out from Sky Poker in terms of MTTs, I'd recommend playing 888 and stars, or if you can only play 1 or the other for some reason, play 888. Smaller fields, lower variance, still a very good selection given you don't like to play many tables.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

UGO sent you a mesg mate.

Hey Paul

For sure we know a lot of awesome players!

I do withdraw every month all winnings (profit) and keep my bankroll at a certain level. The bankroll is more than ample to play the games I play including £55 MTTs.

The main reason I sold % for £33 games and £55 games was simply because I felt if other people were involved I would be more prone to play my A game (bit of accountability), it was also a sweat for others and a bit of fun. It was great value for the investors at spot while maybe not the most plus EV thing for me to do. Also, I hadn't any real volume at the £33 games, used to maybe play 1 a week or every 2 weeks. I'm glad I offered people the chance to buy a % and they have done well from it.

The mentor thread...

There would be no reason for me to get staked apart to get coaching as part of the deal - basically it would be for coaching, it wouldn't be for a bankroll. To do that the coaching would have to be pretty awesome, and doubt that would be the case. So overall, I really dislike the idea of staking.

Thing is i hardly ever see players nowadays and think they are decent.

What I was looking for was someone better than me to potentially chip in some money, I chip in some money, and have a % split on profits. And of course the better I do they better they do. But they'd have to be an awesome player who crushes and that could help me take my game to the next level. This was especially with a view to playing on poker stars, where the games are so different, and while higher variance there's the potential for far bigger binks. Imo it's a fantastic opportunity;)

Looking at a couple of different avenues at the moment.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 12:19:12 AM »

Tonight was really frustrating.

Got to the FT of the £22 BH joint chip leader like 200 chips in it. Had 2 passive stations in SB/ BB when I was OTB. Done just under 1/2 my stack over 4 hands to be 4/5. Knocked out shortie to still be 4/4, grinded it back so stacks were all pretty event amongst us, but by that point every1 had just over 10 bigs jammed button and SB woke up with AQ which held to gg in 4th place.

Really think I totally screwed up the FT.

At the same time was getting semi deep runs in my other games. Bubbled one and pretty much min cashed another.

Then totally squandered a hand to gg the main.

I should have done a lot better tonight.

Just got some comfort food from the Indian, so all good now I guess Grin   

Off to the football tomorrow Celtic playing Inverness in the Scottish cup semi final. Treble Time:D

Playing the sunday roller on Sky tomors night - time for a bink!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: