blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 52015 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 03:00:12 PM »

No not Muslims again

Terrorists again

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »

Muslims at it again or someone else this time?

Edit-yep looks like it.

Where are your posts that say "White British at it again?" when one of them does something wrong?

You're post has incensed me. What a racist you really are. I'm ashamed to know you.

You what? I asked a perfectly reasonable question that in fact turned out to be correct. You are totally out of order calling people racist for so little.

Unlike you, I didn't make a sweeping statement. I didn't call people racist. I called you racist.

I didn't think name calling and insults were allowed on blonde? I class that as an insult and you are bang out of order.

We don't allow racists either.

I only 'insulted' you. You stir trouble and incite hatred for millions.

I do not accept I did anything wrong. I asked a legitimate question that did in fact turn out to be true.

Anyway no point arguing with you or calling you names as I'll probably get banned or whatever, whereas you are gonna hide behind your mod tag and get away with insulting me.

That's just bollocks. I would never hide behind my mod tag and you know it.

Do you really think it was a legitimate question with no consequences for the 99% of innocent Muslims?

Do you think their actions were because they were Muslims, or because they were extremists?

Shame on you.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »

The truth is that quite a large % of humankind are utter c*nts and this phenomenon becomes most evident in extremist religious and political movements.

We aren't going to progress while we continue to elect leaders who believe in fantasy beings and afterlives in heaven.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »

Fuck it I wrote a reply but it would be a waste of time with you, no point escalating it, I've said my bit.

You were still bang out of order with the insult, you band about the 'racist' word far to readily, it's a serious word to use against someone and I'm seriously not happy that you have towards me, I reported a couple of your posts for the insult, but I know nothing will be done even though insults are against the rules on Blonde. Note I have not used any insults towards you, it was you that started it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:32:53 PM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »

Fuck it I wrote a reply but it would be a waste of time with you, no point escalating it, I've said my bit.

You were still bang out of order with the insult, you band about the 'racist' word far to readily, it's a serious word to use against someone and I'm seriously not happy that you have towards me, I reported a couple of your posts for the insult, but I know nothing will be done even though insults are against the rules on Blonde. Note I have not used any insults towards you, it was you that started it.

Why are you insulted? The word racist is only a description of someone who makes assumptions based on race.

But I agree. Fuck it. I'm wasting my time too.

The older I get, the better I was.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »

If you asked 100 children in England what was a Muslim how many do you think would have negative connotations? Or answer terrorist/bomber etc?

It seems like not every Muslim is a terrorist but every REPORTED terrorist is a muslim.

It's almost becoming a weekly occurrence now that there is "Muslim" terrorists killing somebody (usually multiple peole) in the Western World.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 04:04:19 PM »

Red Dog - Woodsey made an ill advised post.  I'm sure he would word it differently if he did it again.  But you have gone after him like he is a KKK member.  I think that is why he is insulted.

Personally I think you went way over the top.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »

If only Woodsey had said "Some Muslims at it again?" we could have saved so much hassle and avoided this thread derailment.

Pretty sure that's what he meant but have to agree that his initial statement comes across terribly but hopefully without intent.

I also think Tom should have sent Woodsey a PM in his capacity as a mod asking exactly what he meant and suggesting a rewording of said post if he didn't mean it as a 'sweeping statement'.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »

If you asked 100 children in England what was a Muslim how many do you think would have negative connotations? Or answer terrorist/bomber etc?

It seems like not every Muslim is a terrorist but every REPORTED terrorist is a muslim.

It's almost becoming a weekly occurrence now that there is "Muslim" terrorists killing somebody (usually multiple peole) in the Western World.

Which part of the Country are we in when we ask these children?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »

I don't think the part of the country makes too much of a difference. I think working class parents and middle class parents will often spread similar views on Muslims.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »

However incorrectly that may be.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »

I'm a bit scared of stepping into this, but...

Woodsey, however you wanna spin it the phrasing of your post was deliberately (perhaps subconsciously deliberate, but still deliberate) provocative. And it did carry connotations of racism. I guess you will argue that you were just asking a harmless question and there is nothing wrong with that. After all, you are not directly saying "lots of Muslims are terrorists". But nevertheless this is (unintentionally) inferred through the wording of your post. You can deny this, and pretend that you genuinely do not understand what was provocative about your post. But you are a clever guy, you know exactly what the phrasing of your post infers. I am not saying you are a racist... but you have written something that has undertones of racism running through it. I know you will just roll your eyes and think "bloody PC brigade again, taking everything so seriously, forcing us to watch our every word and trying to stop us making harmless jokes". But the thing is, there are certain issues about which we have to be careful with what we say and the way that we say it.

Tom, I think you have got to be careful about how you deal with things like this. Going in all gung-ho and calling someone a racist might help you to let off steam. But it is counterproductive. It allows the other person to take the moral high ground ("You called me a racist! That's against the rules. I am really offended." etc). And now the focus is about your 'over-reaction' and the insult you have caused, rather than about the danger of people saying/writing such inflammatory things. It's like trying to argue with a UKIPT supporter. If you really want to try to change their views then discuss things with them using reasonable language and logical arguments; gently, politely but firmly. They might not agree with you and they might not change their mind - but they will listen to you, and you can share viewpoints and have a meeting of minds. If you give in to temptation and allow your emotion to enter the debate by calling them a racist... well, you have lost them from that point onwards. There will be no debate, and no possibility for your opinions to be listened to and respected.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:43:00 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 04:40:15 PM »

Muslims at it again or someone else this time?

Edit-yep looks like it.

I'm guessing this is what over 50% of people thought when they heard "terrorist attack in Paris" even if perhaps a little less cynically I'm sure most would have assumed it was terrorists who claimed their religion was Islam.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 04:50:39 PM »

I don't think the part of the country makes too much of a difference. I think working class parents and middle class parents will often spread similar views on Muslims.

What about Muslim parents or Christian parents of either class?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 04:57:26 PM »

I'm a bit scared of stepping into this, but...

Woodsey, however you wanna spin it the phrasing of your post was deliberately (perhaps subconsciously deliberate, but still deliberate) provocative. And it did carry connotations of racism. I guess you will argue that you were just asking a harmless question and there is nothing wrong with that. After all, you are not directly saying "lots of Muslims are terrorists". But nevertheless this is (unintentionally) inferred through the wording of your post. You can deny this, and pretend that you genuinely do not understand what was provocative about your post. But you are a clever guy, you know exactly what the phrasing of your post infers. I am not saying you are a racist... but you have written something that has undertones of racism running through it. I know you will just roll your eyes and think "bloody PC brigade again, taking everything so seriously, forcing us to watch our every word and trying to stop us making harmless jokes". But the thing is, there are certain issues about which we have to be careful with what we say and the way that we say it.

Tom, I think you have got to be careful about how you deal with things like this. Going in all gung-ho and calling someone a racist might help you to let off steam. But it is counterproductive. It allows the other person to take the moral high ground ("You called me a racist! That's against the rules. I am really offended." etc). And now the focus is about your 'over-reaction' and the insult you have caused, rather than about the danger of people saying/writing such inflammatory things. It's like trying to argue with a UKIPT supporter. If you really want to try to change their views then discuss things with them using reasonable language and logical arguments; gently, politely but firmly. They might not agree with you and they might not change their mind - but they will listen to you, and you can share viewpoints and have a meeting of minds. If you give in to temptation and allow your emotion to enter the debate by calling them a racist... well, you have lost them from that point onwards. There will be no debate, and no possibility for your opinions to be listened to and respected.

Stu is right. Never argue with a Ukipt supporter- they will deny 3% of the prize pool is raked even though it's there in black and white

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: