blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Online Staking Proposal - Lets get the band together again
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online Staking Proposal - Lets get the band together again  (Read 123233 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »

Hello,

Foreward

My last stake ongoing stake finished almost 10 months ago but my feet are itchy and I am keen to play a bit more.  My Mrs thinks I am shit as I spunk all my tournament winnings on Zoom therefore running the stake is the best way for me to manage bankroll and stave off divorce.  Also gutted there is no online update threads to follow so doing one myself is the only answer.

I am currently in MU on a MM/MTOPS ongoing thread and therefore these games must be excluded from stake. If that stake ceases or I exit make up then they will become eligible.

Background

My name is Chris Roberts, I am 32, play in Edinburgh and most of the Scottish venues.  I have been staked on here before and backed several others and have always ensured financial transactions have been handled quickly and effectively.  I am a financial professional by trade (pensions consultant) and the stake would be run in my spare time but with consistent volume.  I hope this also provides an air of grimm avoidance, I am FSA regulated and financial slurs against my name would be terminal in my business.  Although I did short BorntoBubble 30c last time for comic value.

I have been playing poker for 14 plus years but only the last couple have I began to put it some real online volume.  I concentrate on low stakes MTT's ($1-$11) and play basically solely on stars.  I <3 the game but due to bad bankroll management tend to find I am unable to play for periods of the month which is frustrating as I think I can comfortably beat the base games to which I play.

I tend to 4-6 table and would expect to play around 20 games in an evening session and probably 30-40 at the weekend.  I will speak more about game selection later.  I do not presently use a HUD.  I would assume this should improve results and may make the stats I have amassed slightly more impressive.  Also backed I will not be playing sessions tired or for quick kill time so the ITM I would expect to comfortably increase.

From my previous stake I proved I am capable of running deep in the high return MTT's such as Big $11 $1 rebuy and Storm.  I also Sat'd into the million on several occasions from the deadline sat.  I also worked my way out of 2 large buy in downswings without spitting the dummy out.

Stats

As mentioned above BRM is an issue and therefore it is best to split out the Bronze and Silver stard from OPR as I do not intend to be staked/play bigger games:

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/Rab90/poker/results/DE73855261904DCDAB39932230BCBD63.html?t=2

In addition my previous stake provide an ROI of about 35% over 5 months:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=62322.705

Proposal

Is to play $1 to $11 MTT on stars.  I want to be as transparent as possible.  Any investor is welcome to view the account upon request and I will update when I am playing, totals at the end of the session and final table sweats.

The stake will include the Storm, Big $11, and the last chance $11 million satellites.  The remainder will likely be $2.20 to $5.40 as I will be looking at keep ABI to around $5.  Obviously the previous 3 have the possibility of major scores.  I have ran deep in all these games several times.

My Game selection includes only tournaments with $1k gtd+.  I open up the best available 4-6 tournaments and replace each bust with the next best game.  I do not play above 6 although if things develop well, my game may develop with it.  I also include some PLO games for which I have a healthy ROI.

Bankroll

I am looking at an ABI of $5 and think $1200 would be a suitable opening roll being 240 buy ins.  Obviously the fields in these are huge and variance is pretty high, so a reload may be required although, hopefully we can get off to a flyer.  We started on $800 last time but settled at $1200 after a reload and this seems more comfortable.

Volume

I want to be realistic on volume.  I have a wife now and a full time job.  My aim is below:

I will typically play at least 2 sessions per week
I will be aiming for between 150-250 games per month
If I fail to achieve 125 games in a month, investors will have the option to buy out at full MU (unless I can produce a medical certificate - not just "I had mondaflu")

Flexibility, shot taking and the nitty gritty

The stake will be rigid to the OP.  I think that is important to keep BRM in check.  If things develop well and people think increasing the stake or ABI is a good idea then it will be discussed and the OP changed.  At TCOOP/SCOOP/WCOOP times, discussions may be brought but these are special circumstances.

When going in profit I will split the money up and transfer it across but only if it is a suitable amount. I will probably do anything above $50 assuming everyone is OK with stars.

I previously operated a pyramid system which was a bit of a ball ache to think about.  I am proposing 60/40 in backers favour.  This is improved terms for me but I have proven I can run a stake and return profits so feel it is fair for this level.  If I am crushing I reserve the right to request a new deal when not in MU, assuming 100% agreement is reached.

If you decide that you want to drop out without the bankroll going bust then I will require 48 hours notice to give time to find another backer. This is because if I am one backer short regardless of percentage it means I can't play as it is an admin nightmare. If I bust the roll it's likely that it may take a day or two to replace stakers as it takes time to contact people etc. For people who do not want to reload for whatever reason can sell their MU privately at whatever deal they want.

Backers

I am going to restrict this to anyone who has staked me in anything previously for the time being.  I really want a team atmosphere, so would prefer 20% maximum investments.  If it does not sell out I will open it up further.

I have reserved the following:

20% for Red Bull - as largest previous backer and main investor from MTOPS/MM
5% for Red Fox - as I owe him £39 and he is my most regular backer

So 75% available at the moment.

5% minimum investment please. I will be taking all funds on pokerstars (rab90) or bank transfer if necessary

5% = $60
10% = $120
20% = $240

Flame away, happy to take feedback on things I need to do to improve this, preferably via PM to avoid a derail.

Chris
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:51:01 PM »

Ill take 5 pls

To win at poker is to not have to play
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »

I'll take 20 bank
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »

Both booked.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:25 PM »

Just re read, not 100% if I've backed you before.... If I haven't and others that have want the piece I'll step aside no worries
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »

Just re read, not 100% if I've backed you before.... If I haven't and others that have want the piece I'll step aside no worries

Just going to book keen to get started. Still 50% left plus 25% pending confirmation.

Much appreciated
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »

Go on then 10 plz gl

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »

Go on then 10 plz gl

Thanks John.  Going to open to all. On reflection a number of my former backers are MIA at present and would like to get cracking.

40% available
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »

Yes will take that 20 mate
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 07:40:58 PM »

Think I had 10% in previous LTS deal? 10% in this please, Stars ok ?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 07:43:55 PM »

Thanks Simon and Nick. You did indeed have 10% last time Simon. Opened up to all now anyway. Stars suits fine.

75% gone
25% remaining
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:48:06 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »

It's actually 30% left, counting isn't my strong point. Been working on my note taking:
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »

Red Fox is up to 10% so 25% left

For clarity, Playing tonight, off thread obviously, as haven't requested funds yet.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »

I'll take it but happy to go down to 10 if other people want in

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 06:38:04 PM »

Sounds good mate, leaves us with a good looking team which is what I wanted.  The team would be:

Borntobubble   25%
Redbull            20%
Toddswain       20%
Young Gun       10%
Red Fox           10%  (paid £39 already)
Red Simon       10%
Oxford_HRV     5%

If everyone could ship this week.  I will begin the stake from Friday.  I have sent bank details to Toddswain if everyone else needs them let me know.  Just estimate the amount if you are sending by bank.  Malcolm - remember you have £39 paid already which is roughly half I think.

As mentioned I am playing tonight off stake.  Will clear out my account after this evening.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: