blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  You've got to be Sheeping me- A SHEEP QUIZ!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You've got to be Sheeping me- A SHEEP QUIZ!!!!  (Read 41058 times)
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2015, 11:40:12 PM »

Thanks for running it and please to see I dropped down the leader board due to my lack of knowledge of One Direction. Although I never thought of royal flush on the poker hand question I just settle for a full house and think myself lucky!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »

Thanks for running George, wp Stribling

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »

have i won yet?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:02 AM »

Ahhh, dumbledore cost me. Should have listened to the wife, she said Hermione! Happy with an honorable 2nd place amongst such learned scholars that inhabit Blonde.

Great quiz George, thanks for organising.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2015, 01:15:46 AM »

Ahhh, dumbledore cost me. Should have listened to the wife, she said Hermione! Happy with an honorable 2nd place amongst such learned scholars that inhabit Blonde.

Great quiz George, thanks for organising.

i had no idea about any Harry potter charachter or 1 direction song google was useless

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »

I was AWOL last night, but just wanted to thank George for doing such a great job, he got the tone just right.

The atmo seemed like the blonde of 5 years ago, with everyone doing it in the right spirit.

The messed up spready (Excel's fault, obv), Chompy being disqualified (boom!), Eso doing what Eso does best, top/spew/middle), proper Sheep Quiz that.

Congrats to Stribling, too, who, by tradition, should set the next one. You up for that Stribbers? If not, we'll find a sub, Tighty has already offered if Stribbly declines. Think we ought to try keep the momentum now.

Looks like The Marky Award has been scuppered for future events, but maybe we can find something else that works.

Anyway, above all, great work George, thank you.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »

I was AWOL last night, but just wanted to thank George for doing such a great job, he got the tone just right.

The atmo seemed like the blonde of 5 years ago, with everyone doing it in the right spirit.

The messed up spready (Excel's fault, obv), Chompy being disqualified (boom!), Eso doing what Eso does best, top/spew/middle), proper Sheep Quiz that.

Congrats to Stribling, too, who, by tradition, should set the next one. You up for that Stribbers? If not, we'll find a sub, Tighty has already offered if Stribbly declines. Think we ought to try keep the momentum now.

Looks like The Marky Award has been scuppered for future events, but maybe we can find something else that works.

I also have 2-3 ideas for a Reverse Sheep Quiz you've never seen before. It has eliminations and everything!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »

I also have 2-3 ideas for a Reverse Sheep Quiz you've never seen before. It has eliminations and everything!

Happy to experiment, but I believe the key to it is keeping it simple.

I stopped entering them when they became too hard/complicated, & of course, googling was not allowed, but we know some were. The beauty of George's version was that googling was allowed, & so we could all enter without too much effort.

Anyway, let's see what Stribbers says first.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »

if you're going to include questions on big brother and One Direction, allowing Google is a must Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »

Great work George.

Amazing effort by Lee almost losing to a guy playing a different quiz.

How about this for a fix to the Marky award? To qualify all answers must be factually correct. Kind of adds a reverse sheep quiz to the mix which people might decide to go for instead. Could even let people submit 2 sets of answers and go for both.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »

Simple things done well, its the key to most winning formulas.

Thanks for running it.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »

Simple things done well, its the key to most winning formulas.Thanks for running it.

I really believe that was part of the reason why they became so much less popular, as they got a bit complex & contrived.

We could use google, too. Without google I genuinely could not enter such a Quiz if it included stuff like One Direction, Films, TV Shows or any of that bollox. 

George's was like George - simple.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »

Great work George.

How about this for a fix to the Marky award? To qualify all answers must be factually correct. Kind of adds a reverse sheep quiz to the mix which people might decide to go for instead. Could even let people submit 2 sets of answers and go for both.

i love that idea a rsq and a sheep quiz rolled into one every player can send in 2 entries

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »

Great work George.

i love that idea a rsq and a sheep quiz rolled into one every player can send in 2 entries

I like the idea of an rsq rolled into a sheep quiz rolled into a quiz where we only allow answers starting with alternating vowels used in alphabetical order except for question 5 which must use the last letter first.

Answers may be Googled, but only on Bing.

The older I get, the better I was.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2015, 04:58:31 PM »

Great work George.

I like the idea of an rsq rolled into a sheep quiz rolled into a quiz where we only allow answers starting with alternating vowels used in alphabetical order except for question 5 which must use the last letter first.

Answers may be Googled, but only on Bing.

FFS, will you lot stop stealing my ideas? Wink

(one of them was a sheep quiz with 26 questions - caveat being that the first word of every answer had to be answered using a different letter of the alphabet...repeats scored 0)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: