blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  parkrun
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: parkrun  (Read 5922 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:06 PM »

Any blondes out there regular parkrunners?

For those not in the know it is 5k timed run around a local park, that is completely free.

I have to say as someone who tends to get quite obsessive about things, this is my new obsession! I just think it is a great community event that makes doing some healthy open to everyone. It has been growing very quickly over the last few years and I think it broke 100k runners worldwide for the first time the weekend.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/events/

List of events around the uk and the world.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »

I heard part of this on radio this morning.

Just seen my localish park does this.

Superb idea and great to see such togetherness/community spirit can be acheived

Good luck to all that run

Carpe Diem
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »

Gatso and claw been doing these I think.

5k's not far enough for me, I tend to stick to marathons and half marathons nowadays.

Tap in for chocolate joke...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 06:48:44 PM »

Yup I do them also got both my Daughters involved. I was made aware of them by a poker bud from up north late last year.

I can only make every 2 weeks though as I work every other weekend.  I live in Kent but am visiting Sheffield this weekend and will have the pleasure of running around with me eldest Daughter exactly as I did last Saturday in Gravesend with my youngest Daughter. I love them and am also getting addicted.

Aiming to get the top in my age group with in the next 6 months or so and then do a bit of tourism around local ones to set some more old fogy records

They really are a no brainer for all abilities.

What's your Age grade?  Mine is currently 66.25% but will have to get over 70% if I want to achieve my goals.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:55 PM »

Yup I do them also got both my Daughters involved. I was made aware of them by a poker bud from up north late last year.

I can only make every 2 weeks though as I work every other weekend.  I live in Kent but am visiting Sheffield this weekend and will have the pleasure of running around with me eldest Daughter exactly as I did last Saturday in Gravesend with my youngest Daughter. I love them and am also getting addicted.

Aiming to get the top in my age group with in the next 6 months or so and then do a bit of tourism around local ones to set some more old fogy records

What's your Age grade?  Mine is currently 66.25% but will have to get over 70% if I want to achieve my goals.

Are you going to Graves Park to do it? That's my local park and it's fantastic (hilly though)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »

I heard part of this on radio this morning.

Just seen my localish park does this.

Superb idea and great to see such togetherness/community spirit can be acheived

Good luck to all that run

I seem to recollect your from the Peterborough area, which is where I spent my teenage years and my parents still live. The parkrun there is about 10 minute walk from my parents, have done it a few times weird taking part in an event like that so close to where I grew up.

Gatso and claw been doing these I think.

5k's not far enough for me, I tend to stick to marathons and half marathons nowadays.

Tap in for chocolate joke...

A joke aimed at the 30+ market there....

Yeah I know Gatso has been doing it for a quite while.

I can only make every 2 weeks though as I work every other weekend.  I live in Kent but am visiting Sheffield this weekend and will have the pleasure of running around with me eldest Daughter exactly as I did last Saturday in Gravesend with my youngest Daughter. I love them and am also getting addicted.

What's your Age grade?  Mine is currently 66.25% but will have to get over 70% if I want to achieve my goals.

Just did a quick check and it appear 47.42% is the answer. I am overweight guy 2/3s down the field, that can be seen just outsprinting 60yo women at the end! I am improving though!

Yeah I have been something of a tourist since I started, there are 4 in Nottingham area and the girlfriend lives down south so have that area to explore as well.

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:32:14 PM »

I can only make every 2 weeks though as I work every other weekend.  I live in Kent but am visiting Sheffield this weekend and will have the pleasure of running around with me eldest Daughter exactly as I did last Saturday in Gravesend with my youngest Daughter. I love them and am also getting addicted.

What's your Age grade?  Mine is currently 66.25% but will have to get over 70% if I want to achieve my goals.

Are you going to Graves Park to do it? That's my local park and it's fantastic (hilly though)

Hallam rings a bell!
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »

Love the parkrun!

Used to do it quite regular and be sitting impatiently until the results went online, as longy says you get quite obsessive by it lol

First time I ever done it, I ran  22 something but worked it down to my pb which is 19-29, quite pleased with that I must say Grin
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:15:45 PM »

Love the parkrun!

Used to do it quite regular and be sitting impatiently until the results went online, as longy says you get quite obsessive by it lol

First time I ever done it, I ran  22 something but worked it down to my pb which is 19-29, quite pleased with that I must say Grin

Very nice, what age group are you in ?  Think perhaps we need to link to each others stats.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 09:15:58 PM »

Yup Dan (gatso) does one every weekend - has become a bit of a parkrun tourist and done over 100 runs ar 36 different venues. I've only managed around 10, and my daughter Hannah a similar number. Going to kake an effort to forego the weekend lie ins and get back in the swing soon with an eye to looking at starting to take part in some more longer distance competitive races in the Spring.  Blonde parkrun meet up would be good sometime if we could arrange it..

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »

I registered about 3 years ago. Did one parkrun then started to work weekends, shamefully have not done another since
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »

Thankfully they don't do any near me.

Excuse sorted

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »

Thankfully they don't do any near me.

Excuse sorted
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/reading/

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »

Might give this a go. There is one 15 mins from me in Newark.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »

Gonna give this a go! Thanks for this. Will report back!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: