blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Not a staking thread as such
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not a staking thread as such  (Read 6274 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:23 PM »

Hi all

As a newbie i am fully aware of having to make xxx posts before you can stake someone, however and i do not know if this has been tried before but here goes.

Very few people have the resources to play in say a £5k entry fee tournament and just as importantly they may not have the experience and knowledge that the pros and grinders have.

So just think if your a moderate player who loves the game how great it would be to play in a big tournament, well i think members of the forum could make this happen.

Lets just say the 500 members donate £10 each into a Blonde escro account, then there is a random draw to which allows 1/2 players to enter a decent named tournament.

For a £10 donation you get to rail a blonde forum member, the player will undoubtedly promote the forum at the event, and because it would be a random pick it could be a total novice or a hard core pro who wins the seat.

If the person made the money it would be split as follows

The buy in is returned to the blonde escro for another player to have an opportunity
The player who cashes gets to keep 30%
40% goes into the escro
30% goes to blondepoker.com towards the cost of running the site

To be honest in my opinion this is a win win for everybody who would participate its not hard to run and for a tenner somebody is going to have a good experience -- PR at its best.

Cheers

Mike
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:53 PM »

this sounds interesting to me. Would be happy to participate, not sure who would collect the cash or witness the draw.

It's a bit like a lottery for a good cause, maybe it can be done at the next blonde bash
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »

Could be fun this.  I'd be in.

I've never got it.....ever
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:40 PM »

Def could be fun. Good luck finding someone who would be happy to be the escrow.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »

has blonde got 500 active members?  Might as well start with the basics before we ask all 500 members for a tenner.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »

Good idea in principle, with some tweaking could work really well!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 12:49:17 AM »

Yeah like the idea.  £10 would be good for the DTD monthly.  £20 for bigger comps.

I can see a problem being that some blondes wouldn't want to play these big events for 30% tho.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:50:52 AM by scotty77 » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:15 AM »

Yeah the number of people who would be "in" for this I dont think would be as high as 500 but it is a good idea.

I do think keeping the minimum still to the 300 posters would help, personally it didnt take long, you dont need to spam just be active for a few months and you will get there.

It just makes it a little safer for me to know that the pot is going to go to someone who is more likely to use it properly and not just disappear with the money!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »

fun idea

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

The buy in is returned to the blonde escro for another player to have an opportunity

This is the only bit I can see a problem with. The escrow service works great for ensuring the player gets the money but how can you be sure he'll give the winnings back?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »

This is the only bit I can see a problem with. The escrow service works great for ensuring the player gets the money but how can you be sure he'll give the winnings back?

Also, there is a core of regulars on here I would trust. What if a newish person or someone that we generally don't know that well has a big score? I'm not my trust goes that far...
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »

Good idea in principle, with some (draw) tweaking could work really well!

FYP

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »

Also, there is a core of regulars on here I would trust. What if a newish person or someone that we generally don't know that well has a big score? I'm not my trust goes that far...

Could always type up terms and conditions and a legally binding contact for nothing
pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »

Could always type up terms and conditions and a legally binding contact for nothing

Could any winnings not be split and paid to where they need to go by the cash desk?  I'm sure this could be arranged.

I've never got it.....ever
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

Nice idea    ....      only choose DTD comps and then get 'Rob's Mob' to note that the entrant is only entitled to 30% of any winnings - easy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: