blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2015 season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015 season Thread  (Read 118187 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: January 08, 2016, 06:50:42 PM »

Think both the Pats and Broncos will lose their next game

so you are thinking of backing someone like the chiefs or pitt for the superbowl at double digit prices?

No, winner will be who ever wins the Panthers / Seahawks NFC Champ match Smiley

If the seahawks beat minnesota they play carolina next in the divisional round

lowest seed goes to highest seed in next round, seattle are 6 carolina are 1

Yeah, sorry, trying to say who ever wins that game wins all the beans
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 08, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »

I get why the Cowboys would be linked with RG3 and Johnny Manziel, as they're both Texan boys looking for a new team.

But haven't Dallas just lost to ensure they can draft a quarterback?

These must be the two riskiest free agency moves around. Both will want better money than they deserve and both have huge negatives. They would be back up initially and might play three or four games in 2016.

Would seem barmy to me for Jerry to pick either
. Is a scrambling QB what they really want?

What appears barmy to everyday folks is normal in Jerry's world Smiley
Two of my friend's are 'skins fans and both were astounded that RG3 got signed for this season for the skins. They can't wait to get his pay off the wage cap
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

I get why the Cowboys would be linked with RG3 and Johnny Manziel, as they're both Texan boys looking for a new team.

But haven't Dallas just lost to ensure they can draft a quarterback?

These must be the two riskiest free agency moves around. Both will want better money than they deserve and both have huge negatives. They would be back up initially and might play three or four games in 2016.

Would seem barmy to me for Jerry to pick either
. Is a scrambling QB what they really want?

What appears barmy to everyday folks is normal in Jerry's world Smiley
Two of my friend's are 'skins fans and both were astounded that RG3 got signed for this season for the skins. They can't wait to get his pay off the wage cap

he was still on the roster because he had two years left on his rookie deal and cutting him made them eat many millions of $

cutting him now still costs them $9m iirc but thats a more palatable price

most sensible franchises will wait for him to be cut, the redskins will try and get something back for him

what my favourite lunatic billionaire will do, heaven only knows

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 07:04:15 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 08, 2016, 07:21:32 PM »

Anyone but RG3.

ruud

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:54 PM »

Is there an RB in the draft who we think could start next year/lead an offence?

Propose a deal to the Eagles and bring Murray back?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 09, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »

yes, several but not at pick 4

the Eagles. would eat $9m to release murray. didnt fit the kelly offense, might be better with a new coach. i am sure if he was released the cowboys would take a look again because it was one of those rare trades where both the team acquitring him and the team letting him go lost out

that said mcfadden got 1,000 yards rushing in 10 games starting with no receiving threat and no quarterback threat. the OL switched to a power blocking scheme from zone and he had a good season

think the aim should be to draft someone in the middle rounds to go with him (a complement, smaller and shiftier)

within reason you can plug many backs in behind our OL and go with it

My eyes are open wide
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 09, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »

the Eagles. would eat $9m to release murray. didnt fit the kelly offense, might be better with a new coach. i am sure if he was released the cowboys would take a look again because it was one of those rare trades where both the team acquitring him and the team letting him go lost out

that said mcfadden got 1,000 yards rushing in 10 games starting with no receiving threat and no quarterback threat. the OL switched to a power blocking scheme from zone and he had a good season

think the aim should be to draft someone in the middle rounds to go with him (a complement, smaller and shiftier)

within reason you can plug many backs in behind our OL and go with it

Thanks for this Rich.

I'd happily take a Gio Bernard style complement to McFadden and a future franchise QB. Need help at LB too
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 09, 2016, 01:22:34 PM »

and safety, and wide receiver.

basically anywhere we pick at 4 and 34 helps the team if we scout well

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 09, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »

Might be a silly question but I'll ask it....

In the stats on NFL.com, the TD's for the QB's - that's TD's they've actually scored themselves is it ?  Not TD's they've passed to someone in?

I ask as Skybet have Alex Smith to score a TD anytime and KC to win at 11/2.  Alex Smith has 20 listed TD's this season and has only not got one in three games.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:09:20 PM by Graham C » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 09, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »

In the stats on NFL.com, the TD's for the QB's - that's TD's they've actually scored themselves is it ?  Not TD's they've passed to someone in?

I ask as Skybet have Alex Smith to score a TD anytime and KC to win.  Alex Smith has 20 listed TD's this season and has only not got one in three games.

That's passing touchdowns.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 09, 2016, 04:10:04 PM »

In the stats on NFL.com, the TD's for the QB's - that's TD's they've actually scored themselves is it ?  Not TD's they've passed to someone in?

I ask as Skybet have Alex Smith to score a TD anytime and KC to win.  Alex Smith has 20 listed TD's this season and has only not got one in three games.

That's passing touchdowns.

Oh, I need the rushing TD'd then Cheesy  Not so good, only has a couple of those.

Cheers Tal

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 09, 2016, 04:11:06 PM »

http://www.nfl.com/player/alexsmith/2506340/gamelogs

this season he has thrown 20 TD passes and rushed for 2 TDs himself

obviously KC isn't the most prolific passing offense. 20 is a low figure in 16 games

Smiths major strength is as a game manager. makes very few mistakes and interceptions

the skybet score a TD anytime is RUSHING not passing.

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2016, 06:11:18 AM »

I mean how do you write something like the ending to that Cincy v Pitts game?

That was like a ridiculous Friday night lights comeback combined with a Rocky film where the injured hero puts himself back in the firing line and gets there against all the odds when the opponent loses all his senses late on. The hit that took Antonio Brown out of the game was borderline assault, he looked to be out cold before he hit the ground. To give 30 penalty yards away there when the oppo's QB doesn't look like he could throw it 30 yards was an incredible error from players that just seemed to melt mentally with the lead.

NFL, bloody hell.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14539711/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-injures-right-shoulder-wild-card-game-cincinnati-bengals
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:17:34 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 10, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »

All this talk of who Dallas picks at #4. What if they don't?

I think I like a trade here, maybe with the Saints at #12, and take RB Ezekiel Elliott later in the 1st round. From looking at mock drafts, there's not really anyone else draftable at RB in the first round, and with plenty of fits from Detroit at #16 and down, he definitely won't be there when the Cowboys draft in the 2nd round. There's a logjam of teams needing to draft corners and safeties behind Dallas, so you could definitely trade out of the #4 spot and get decent value for it if someone REALLY wants a particular guy. Jacksonville will absolutely draft somewhere in the secondary at #5. Baltimore need a LB, but could definitely draft in the secondary too considering they play Cincinnati and Pittsburgh twice a year. Miami need someone who can play across the field from Brent Grimes and eventually replace him. Tampa need pass rush to go with Gerald McCoy and help all over the secondary so could go either way here, and New Orleans HAVE to take a corner. Even the Bears could use a corner, too, although pass rusher or maybe even a guy to back up and eventually replace Jay Cutler seems more likely. Expecting a lot of corners/safeties to go off the board starting with Jacksonville at #5, so it's definitely possible that someone moves up to take the best corner in the draft ahead of all the other teams who might, and gives up a lot to get their guy. Dallas are in position to be the beneficiary of that, a la Buffalo trading up for Sammy Watkins.

Bears have enough needs all over the place to just fill a need with the best player still available at #11 and not give up any picks, and there'll be pass rushers for Tampa at #9 that fill a need without giving up anything to trade up for a corner, too. However, the Saints at #12 seem like possible trade partners IMO. There's holes all over the NO defence, which bring up the question of whether they're better off holding on to their 2nd rounder and adding more pieces, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them moving up to #4 and grabbing the best corner, given just how dire their secondary is. Obviously that means dropping behind SF at #7, which considering Cleveland probs take a QB, means the top 2 QBs in the draft are gone. But if you want a RB (Ezekiel Elliott), he'll almost certainly be there at #12, or if there's someone you like outside of Goff/Lynch, this would make a lot of sense too, as you're still ahead of the Rams and Eagles. Maybe pick up a 2nd rounder this year and either a later pick, or something next year, idk. Can always take Elliott and fill the backup QB need at the start of the 2nd round, or draft a QB at #12 and get a RB + fill another need (Maybe a WR to compete with Terrence Williams for the WR2 spot? The Cowboy offence without Bryant this year really was grim) with whatever pick you get from trading out of the #4 spot and your 2nd rounder.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 10, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »

I mean how do you write something like the ending to that Cincy v Pitts game?

That was like a ridiculous Friday night lights comeback combined with a Rocky film where the injured hero puts himself back in the firing line and gets there against all the odds when the opponent loses all his senses late on. The hit that took Antonio Brown out of the game was borderline assault, he looked to be out cold before he hit the ground. To give 30 penalty yards away there when the oppo's QB doesn't look like he could throw it 30 yards was an incredible error from players that just seemed to melt mentally with the lead.

NFL, bloody hell.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14539711/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-injures-right-shoulder-wild-card-game-cincinnati-bengals

Just caught up this morning. That was absurd. All the talk about Dalton choking in the playoffs is over. It's the franchise. They didn't so much give the game away as condense it into a pill and force it down the Steelers' throats.

Genuinely amazed.

On a different note, I was delighted to see the co-commentator refuse to aftertime about the Steelers not going for two when 15-0 up. "A lot of things have happened since then. I didn't second guess the decision then and I'm not going to do it now"

Tonight has some work to do to beat that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: