blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Jason Somerville PokerStars Pro - streaming on twitch for ten weeks non-stop
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jason Somerville PokerStars Pro - streaming on twitch for ten weeks non-stop  (Read 6950 times)
simonnatur

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »

Whilst the pros on here may not learn much from his streams, I think he is very entertaining and good for the image of poker.

Surprising to me on a number of fronts:

Will be quite a feat of endurance if he completes the ten weeks of 7 hour days

Nobody had a bad word to say about him on 2+2 when he signed for Pokerstars

Taken the Corporate dollar without going corporate (God forbid he even discusses drug taking in the stream)

http://www.twitch.tv/jcarverpoker

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:12:40 PM »

I like him, and always enjoy listening to him when they have him commentating etc.

Always comes across very well.

Good luck to him!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »

Whilst the pros on here may not learn much from his streams, I think he is very entertaining and good for the image of poker.

Taken the Corporate dollar without going corporate (God forbid he even discusses drug taking in the stream)

he does regularly and it's exceptionally interesting to hear what he has to say, as he had a very severe illness as a child/young adult and so has medical marijuana and has found it to be the only effective treatment. interesting story all told, he is often asked about it so im sure he'll go through it again.

his streams are very good for the gateway between serious poker and recreational poker so it was a no brainer for Stars to sign him up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »

he does regularly and it's exceptionally interesting to hear what he has to say, as he had a very severe illness as a child/young adult and so has medical marijuana and has found it to be the only effective treatment. interesting story all told, he is often asked about it so im sure he'll go through it again.

his streams are very good for the gateway between serious poker and recreational poker so it was a no brainer for Stars to sign him up.

Been trying to get the UK version of that for ages, to no avail... Damn PCTs!

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

Jacqui knows best 
Ash1591

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:07 PM »

Not sure if everyone is aware but he managed a 5th in the Super Tuesday last night and streamed it. He lost a big flip with AK vs TT for the chip lead unfortunately but was great to see such a big final table on twitch!
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 02:22:26 PM »

Not sure if everyone is aware but he managed a 5th in the Super Tuesday last night and streamed it. He lost a big flip with AK vs TT for the chip lead unfortunately but was great to see such a big final table on twitch!

It's the reason I didn't get to sleep last night!

Really fun stream, and it shows he's really is a boss when it comes to it and he's not messing around in microstakes comps for the stream.

Also another good streamer (twitch.tv/pokerstaples) won the Big $109 last night live for $20,000.

I think the $30,000 by JCarver is the current record for biggest win on Twitch right now?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »

Really fun stream, and it shows he's really is a boss when it comes to it and he's not messing around in microstakes comps for the stream.

Also another good streamer (twitch.tv/pokerstaples) won the Big $109 last night live for $20,000.

I think the $30,000 by JCarver is the current record for biggest win on Twitch right now?

Totally sucks for PokerStaples that he gets that big win the same day Somerville wins $30k.

Staples is a bit more interesting IMO as he is an organic Twitch success rather than an established name. I interviewed him this week, seems a good lad.
Ash1591

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

Wasn't aware of pokerstaples success, he's a good kid hope he keeps winning!

And the record for stream sits at $43,600 by NL_Profit who won the Bigger $162 on Sunday!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 01:09:03 PM »

Feels like Twitch is on the brink of exploding in popularity.

Daniel Negreanu won $50K playing 400/800 mixed games last week on Twitch and the stream was really interesting and fun to watch. Him battling with Sauce in particular.

Have watched a fair bit of Jamie Staples as well. Again - interesting to watch and learn from.

Any blondes twitching? Pads Sunday session or Lil Dave PLO would be good. Would be a good profile raiser if your into that sort of thing.

GG training sites though.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

Watched Barry Greenstein playing the Sunday Billion play money, even I could see how far behind his game is by todays standards. I know it was play money but he was taking it really seriously which is no surprise but he lacked some off the basics of today's game.

Steve
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 08:02:02 PM »

I have been watching alot of Jason Carver on twitch and a little of other players. Deffo feel that it has helped my game improve. Looking to watch more of Jason once Carver has finished his 70 odd day stream!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 11:33:59 PM »

Jason is currently 2/57 on the sunday warmup if anyone wants to watch.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 11:57:05 PM »

Jason is currently 2/57 on the sunday warmup if anyone wants to watch.

he is on the same table as chris moorman with 42 left
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »

"Making a connection", @leehjones on how how Twitch has found a new way to engage the poker community: http://psta.rs/1GKGBFn

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: