blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  On this day........
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: On this day........  (Read 203007 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: August 17, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »

I'm not particularly an Elvis fan but if he rates as a waste of space there's not much hope for the rest of the world's population.

I don't like Robbie Williams. So there.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 17, 2015, 10:08:18 AM »

I'm not particularly an Elvis fan but if he rates as a waste of space there's not much hope for the rest of the world's population.

Well that's just silly, stop that.

It does, however, give me the excuse I awaited to post a photo of his new hair-do. Super cool, or what? I could marry that boy.
 Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 17, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »

It does, however, give me the excuse I awaited to post a photo of his new hair-do. Super cool, or what? I could marry that boy.

Neither of you two will like this then.......saw it for the 1st time last night on BBC4 (yes, there wasnt much else on)

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Life has no rebuy options
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 17, 2015, 11:38:42 AM »

^^^^ wish i knew how to post you tube links. There should be a idiots users guide to this forum #sortitouttikay

Anyway, this is the link (I hope)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixoEa2Ro54o

EDIT - there you go Mr P.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:48:51 AM by tikay » Logged

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 17, 2015, 11:58:12 AM »

Robbie Williams, Stoke's finest.

I mime this in my bedroom.

Did you ever see a better music vid? I think not.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:02:07 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 17, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

The President of the United States, Bill Clinton, came clean.

"Indeed I did have a relationship with Ms Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong."

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2015, 12:35:55 AM »

I'd not known about the Lynemouth tragedy. I remember the moment I found out Elvis died like it was yesterday.

Weird, but I don't have any memory at all of Elvis dying. I was never an Elvis fan, to be fair, complete waste of space, but its a bit odd I simply don't remember him dying, the papers & wireless must have been all over it.

Are we sure he's not still here somewhere?

The music industry may disagree with your opinion of Elvis Mr.Teeks. He was to the evolving of rock and roll as concrete was to the Hoover Dam. I was lucky enough to have a Mum (my all time life hero) who loved music. Our house was full of it at all times.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 18, 2015, 01:00:58 AM »

I was in the Ricoh yesterday, waiting for my seat in the Goliath. I had a long wait because my ticket number was C 08. (I managed to spin it up to a B 08 but that's another story).

Anyway, I eventually got seated, played a few levels and then it was time for the dinner break. I decided not to have dinner because I had been eating all day while playing cash and waiting for my seat, so I found an empty chair at an electronic roulette table and watched the other players as they went in to eat.

Once everyone was settled, a player from down South who shall remain nameless came and sat beside me. We made a bit of small talk and then one of the players in the dining room, (another Southerner) noticed the bloke sitting beside me and leapt to his feet shouting "Hey so and so, it's great to see you. How have you been?" Then he ran across the floor to where we were standing, lifted the bloke from the seat beside me, hugged him for about five minuets and then ushered him across to his table saying, "You must come and join us, I'll order you some food".

At the table next to them Lawrence Gosney sat watching the performance. When the fuss had died down he inclined his head slightly in my direction as a signal for me to approach. I arrived at his table and without speaking or looking up from his plate he passed me a chicken drumstick. Wordlessly, I took it, turned on my heel and left.

True story.

Just proper belly chuckled.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2015, 01:30:18 AM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 18, 2015, 09:11:20 AM »

Just shut it Marky.

By way of retaliation, here's Robbie in an Elvis costume. Suck on that sunshine.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 18, 2015, 11:23:01 AM »

"Indeed I did have a relationship with Ms Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong."

Not sure what all the fuss was about.  All he did was splash out on a new dress.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 18, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »

Not sure what all the fuss was about.  All he did was splash out on a new dress.

It's remarkable how he has rehabilitated himself.

On the very anniversary of his confession, whilst his wife is now in line to be the next President of the United States, Bill Clinton was playing golf with Barrack Obama. With time, & maybe a good spin doctor, we can erase the past.

I mean, if you think about it, the stuff that both Nixon & Clinton got up to while holding the highest of high offices is quite breathtaking. Amazing, compelling, stories.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 18, 2015, 11:52:08 AM »

How about all the stuff Churchill got up to?  Whilst many seem to have differentiated between a good wartime PM rather than a good PM, no-one seems to have minded the rumours that he often used to phone his broker when news came in before updating the House.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 18, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »

How about all the stuff Churchill got up to?  Whilst many seem to have differentiated between a good wartime PM rather than a good PM, no-one seems to have minded the rumours that he often used to phone his broker when news came in before updating the House.

I'm not as "up" on Mr Churchill as I feel I ought to be, I'm ashamed to admit.

I do recall watching his funeral train from Waterloo go past, no idea why I was there to watch it though.

If someone asked me to name the most endearing aspect of him of which I was aware, it would be his style of writing. Short sentences, and a max of x (2?) long words per sentence. Nice & crisp. If only I could learn that. 

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 18, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »

A 12 year old Lester Pigott won his first horse race, riding The Chase
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: