blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  An Ape and a Notebook goes to Vegas.... yes, I'm serious!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a Notebook goes to Vegas.... yes, I'm serious!  (Read 36613 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »

Also, purchased the additional Aria deepstack ticket for the $565 tournaments. So swapping that out for the golden nugget.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »

Nice one John

I'll come and say Hi later ....put your table number up here ?

Good luck for later mate 👍
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:34 PM »

Cheesy

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2015, 02:50:24 PM »

Lets hope it continues into day 2- Best of luck John!

Feed em rice.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »

I love a JB trip report.

It's like reading about when I play with every gory detail, succes, spew and misstep. Such heart and passion, and clearly a thinking brain too.

VBOL John and I hope you and stakers get the lot.

Allez!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »

^^^ this

Good luck day and on JB and team

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »

Call on the first ever 4 bet 6 bet shove bluff.  Didn't you used to do them daily?

What Ed said and good luck. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »

Good luck, enjoy your trip reports. Not a stakee but a closet fan Tongue #spintowin

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2015, 06:42:31 PM »

Call on the first ever 4 bet 6 bet shove bluff.  Didn't you used to do them daily?

What Ed said and good luck. 

In a big comp.

Done it for $7.49 on stars....

But this one was planned, prepared and really got my confidence locked in for the rest of the day...

This was one of those moments you read about where the guy says "it was always mine to lose, I knew it from then..."

Thanks for the well wishes...
up and getting some breakfast, let's go!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »

Table 160 seat 6.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2015, 05:04:07 AM »

Busted....

Really frustrated and a little bit annoyed overall with today's play, I played the best 90 mins of tournament poker I ever have at the start of the day.  I chipped up really well with little to no risk to 220k from my 150k start. Then I lost  vs  on  where I open HJ pre and he peels from 30k at 8/1600.  He jams over my cbet and finds  river to take a little one.

We rebuild again confidence is high, there's only one half decent guy who is playing back at us.  We decided to peel the button with  arter he opens UTG and gets another peel.  The sb completes and we see a flop four ways.

He cbet 6.5k into roughly 14k and gets a fold, I raise to 15k,  sb folds and he calls.

Turn
 Two Clubs
he checks and I bet 15k,  with the intention of betting big on most rivers, he calls.

River

he checks and I take a few seconds before putting him in... For 70k effective.

At this stage I've put a few people all in without showdown and I know it's grating on the table.  I've chipped up and the two times people have snapped vs me and put it in, I've called with 1010 vs KQhh pre and held and the other was the flush above.
In my head I thought this guy would really be in pain here, having not had any proof I was at it despite suspecting it.  I have shown down three different hands with suited connectors and had the best hand, highlighting that I'm playing a lot of connected cards preflop.

He says "I knew you were going to do that..." and takes a minute or so before standing up and getting ready to leave as he puts the call in.   Sigh balls!!

I really tried to make sure I didn't do anything crazy or mental at all during the tounament, I only made two bluffs for any more than 20bb and both of them got called, clearly not picking my spots well enough!

If I am him on the flop, there just isn't a run out I can picture that I want to see, the guy raising has been very good aggressive and is unlikely to give up on bluffs and I can't tell when I  being value owned.  I'd be in pain from the flop with any two pair hand which is the majority of my range.  Apparently he had an over pair and figured the aggro guy is bluffing again......

Feel like I let every one down with this one.  I had such a good start it's going to be hard to get into a 31/2000 players and have a good table draw, again.

After that Bluff I played the best I could and made a few careful folds in order to preserve tournament life where I could have otherwise taken a spot when I thought I was good.  I made a misread vs a new-ish player where I called his short stack shove on 47810cc with K10o and he had the 56.  That was a bad call I think, in retrospect, the spot just looked so golden for him.

Other than the two mistakes above,  I grinder my position and stack as well as I could.  I couldn't get any real action with AA or 1010,  had a very unpredictable Argentinian on my right which made a few hands more complex than they needed to be,  I took the fold route more often than raise because of this and it definitely contributed to the cash. 

Our bust out was a button jam for 59k at 2500/5000/500 with K2o, the small blind tanks off with A10o and we find the 234 flop.... 3 turn..... but A river.  Almost held.

Cashed for $2815, so can do whatever people want with this...?

I will not be spending that much in a Bluff again vs an American!!!! It really has surprised me how little they fold once they make a pair.

Next one coming up is the Venetian Deepstack which starts tomorrow but I will probably play the Tuesday or Wednesday day 1.  One of my house mates ran deep in last week's one so ill ask him for any tips that might help.

Other than that, one flag in the bag, another lesson learnt I hope and let's move on!

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »

Well done John I'm happy to go with the flow  !
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2015, 08:15:39 AM »

just play the proposed initial schedule and keep refunds hopefully totting up and see what we have at the end.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »

just play the proposed initial schedule and keep refunds hopefully totting up and see what we have at the end.

Oh of course.. I meant about paybacks.

Some of you are in vegas and could potentially have it in cash if useful..Huh?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »

Well played mate, and good luck in the next one.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: