blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NI Contributions as a Poker Player
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NI Contributions as a Poker Player  (Read 14746 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2015, 08:19:40 PM »

In Slovakia admittedly the culture is different and whilst it is not a rich country it's custom to provide all alcohol and you take the number of guests coming and allocate them 1 litre of wine, 1 litre of Slivovice or spirit and 1 litre of lager/beer per head with it being an insult and bad wedding if u run out of alcohol Smiley

You also provide 3 meals during the 14/15 hour reception with the band playing until the last guests leave who are normally the bride and groom.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »

In Slovakia admittedly the culture is different and whilst it is not a rich country it's custom to provide all alcohol and you take the number of guests coming and allocate them 1 litre of wine, 1 litre of Slivovice or spirit and 1 litre of lager/beer per head with it being an insult and bad wedding if u run out of alcohol Smiley

You also provide 3 meals during the 14/15 hour reception with the band playing until the last guests leave who are normally the bride and groom.

Crikey, that sounds like a chore
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »

I need to befriend some Slovakians. That sounds amazing.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:41 PM »

I need to befriend some Slovakians. That sounds amazing.
Eastern European weddings pwn ours imo they are full of quirky traditions and in the first 50 pages of my diary I think there is a mini video of our one.
They are much cheaper too as although we did all the above and got married in a castle it was done under £10k in total.

Camel should definitely befriend some random Slovaks as I reckon he would love one of their weddings but u need to do everything ie eat, drink and dance otherwise like my first one I was tucked up in the hotel at 9pm dead to the world.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »

Never been to a free bar wedding not that we do many weddings. If it was my wedding i'd be a bit inclinclined to say, aye up I fed you Iaint bloody watering you too. Selfish me.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 01:10:12 AM »

there is such a thing a a wedding with a free bar?

wow you must have really rich friends

I wouldn't be happy turning up for a wedding and having to pay for booze.

I've been to a lot of weddings, probably more than a hundred. I don't like em to be honest but I'm obligated to go in most cases.

There has been some lavish affairs I can tell you, but definitely no more than two or three with a free bar.

I can't imagine anyone being unhappy because they had buy their own booze. What if the family weren't too well off?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 02:09:57 AM »

Never been to a free bar wedding not that we do many weddings. If it was my wedding i'd be a bit inclinclined to say, aye up I fed you Iaint bloody watering you too. Selfish me.

i dont mind watering them, water is alot cheaper than filling them full of dancing juice

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:08 PM »

The only debts I have are student loan, but good thing about those (personally) are that you only have to pay them back when you are earning x amount and they only charge a %age of what is earnt (meaning I figure I may as well try and fade it whilst I am able to as inflation continues and end up paying it back when it costs the least amount to do so as the student loans don't increase over time). Is this going to give me greater barriers further down the line when I come to look for a mortgage or whatever? (Not sure when that will be, but def not near future).

Erm, you might want to check this. In the old days the interest rate was in line with inflation so effectively nothing. However around the time I went to uni (a good 15 years ago now) that all changed and the juice was higher than inflation but lower than a standard loan.

Therefore if you ever get a normal job you'll have to repay it. But there are rules about hitting a certain age etc and never breaching the minimum threshold where it is wiped from what i remember.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2018, 08:05:09 AM »

Bump

Just wanted to say thanks to all in this thread, I check my qualifying years once a year now as a self employed fella, all pro poker players should too
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: