blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Do you begrudge paying BBC licence fee?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Do you begrudge paying BBC licence fee?"  (Read 7727 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 10:06:50 PM »

Also Sky would be cheaper if everyone who watched illegal steams either actually paid for the service or bought the 24 hour Now TV pass for the games that they want to watch.

No it wouldn't. 

Yes it would.

Much like how all high street shops account for stolen items, Sky will be aware of the cost of the illegal streams and will adjust accordingly, even if it would only be a small difference in the monthly bill, it would still be there.  Sky are an incredible company and I admire them nearly as much as the BBC.

Originally the price may have been set by factoring in an amount for illegal streams but if they were all stopped the prices wouldn't come down, it's not something companies do.  Profits fell last year and they still made £570ish million.   How much profit does a company need to make before reducing prices to their viewers?   It won't happen.  Spending £4.1 BILLION to show the football is driving prices up, and will drive more illegal steams.   As someone else mentioned, don't pay TH14 silly amounts to do the same as whoever was doing it before them.

You also have to take into account that a lot of people that download it simply wouldn't bother watching it at all if they had to pay for it.

I have nothing against Sky but I do disagree about it being cheaper if people stopped streaming it.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2015, 02:57:45 AM »

I'm not big fan of the BBC or ITV for that matter, but £150 over a year isn't much and I'm sure we all spend a lot worse value elsewhere. Not to mention it covers the whole household, so if there is 2 of you, it's what 20p a day? Plus I think some of the fee actually goes to ITV too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: