blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2181185 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22275 on: December 01, 2019, 10:00:02 AM »

given he refused to face Brillo, its the least he deserves!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22276 on: December 01, 2019, 10:04:29 AM »

You can see why Johnson is dodging Neil. He can barely handle this (and Marr is across far less of the detail than Brillo would be), let alone that.

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22277 on: December 01, 2019, 10:04:36 AM »

He should face Brillo but the double standards from Marr is a total joke.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22278 on: December 01, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »

The BBC should have stuck to their guns and said "it's Andrew Neil or it's an empty chair".

They backed down under the (possibly legitimate) cover of the terrorist incident, and here we are

Boris floundering and Marr trying to be something he isn't

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22279 on: December 01, 2019, 10:12:47 AM »

He should face Brillo but the double standards from Marr is a total joke.

It would be nice if Johnson could get more than 4 words out before Marr interrupts him again and again.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22280 on: December 01, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »

Marr: are you worried Trump will say something embarrassing?

Johnson : (About to answer)

Marr : I’m sorry we are out of time (looking away and laughing)

What a shambolic interview.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22281 on: December 01, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »

Really poor interview - all of these guys are under such pressure to be obnoxious that it's hard to see how it gets better. I'd like to see a politician turn up who went completely silent at every interruption and waited for as long as it took to be asked another specific question. They would be interrupted within 2 seconds, go silent again.

I wish we saw more of Evan Davis on TV - he asks questions that actually elicit views and decent responses as it never feels like he's trying to make his own point - he just asks.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22282 on: December 01, 2019, 11:18:01 AM »

You can see why Johnson is dodging Neil. He can barely handle this (and Marr is across far less of the detail than Brillo would be), let alone that.

I think this is the main problem with the style of interviewing. I thought he handled the interview perfectly given the context of Marr being all skinhead. So all this approach appears to do is to reinforce whatever slant any of us had before the interview.

sola virtus nobilitat
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #22283 on: December 01, 2019, 11:30:34 AM »

I couldn't make it through the interview.

The register of marrs voice meant that when he and BJ spoke over each other it was uncomfortable to listen to. I don't think there was more than 10 consecutive second of either of them.speaking alone.

Marr just doesn't suit that style of interview. Cliff Richard goes gangsta rap

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22284 on: December 01, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »

I think this is the main problem with the style of interviewing. I thought he handled the interview perfectly given the context of Marr being all skinhead. So all this approach appears to do is to reinforce whatever slant any of us had before the interview.

That’s the problem. Neil is very clever but defo interrupted Corbyn too much.

Neil is generally very good. Marr isn’t.

Marr took the interruptions to a new level this morning. The comment about Johnson “chunterring” was just out of order. Genuinely think Marr lost the plot  today and looked like a fool in the last 5 minutes.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22285 on: December 01, 2019, 11:55:30 AM »

That’s the problem. Neil is very clever but defo interrupted Corbyn too much.

Neil is generally very good. Marr isn’t.

Marr took the interruptions to a new level this morning. The comment about Johnson “chunterring” was just out of order. Genuinely think Marr lost the plot  today and looked like a fool in the last 5 minutes.

Agree on Neill with respect to Corbyn, he could have highlighted the flaws in some of his arguments without being so rude/dismissive

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22286 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:07 PM »

There is no excuse for rudeness in any situation, so Neil can fuck off IMO.

The older I get, the better I was.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #22287 on: December 01, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »

There is no excuse for rudeness in any situation, so Neil can fuck off IMO.

There’s no reason for you to use such foul language either
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #22288 on: December 01, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »

Horrible interview that went off the rails early, with Boris refusing to stop talking and just carrying on and on and on making sounds while Marr tried hopelessly to get him to shut up so he could get another question out. Trying to just ask them anyway while Johnson was going on didn’t work as Boris had the louder voice and just kept going. I felt sorry for Marr for failing to make any impression on the tide of words coming out of Johnson. Such a contrast to the Neil/Corbyn one, where Corbyn listened to the questions and tried to answer, but Neil was in charge. Boris just stomped all over him - painful to watch.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22289 on: December 01, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »

Horrible interview that went off the rails early, with Boris refusing to stop talking and just carrying on and on and on making sounds while Marr tried hopelessly to get him to shut up so he could get another question out. Trying to just ask them anyway while Johnson was going on didn’t work as Boris had the louder voice and just kept going. I felt sorry for Marr for failing to make any impression on the tide of words coming out of Johnson. Such a contrast to the Neil/Corbyn one, where Corbyn listened to the questions and tried to answer, but Neil was in charge. Boris just stomped all over him - painful to watch.

Marr was the problem. Johnson struggled to get a response in during the last 10 mins.
Pages: 1 ... 1482 1483 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 1489 1490 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: