blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2201631 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9240 on: June 03, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

Woodsey deffo likes to wind up the left leaning people on here. Though he does seem to treat supporting the Tories like following a sports team, rather than an actual political discussion so you are never going to get a debate, why bother?

I really don't' mind it actually, I simply don't have the time that much these days tbh....

Almost every thing you write suggests it's intellect that's the issue, not time.

I'm educated to MA level and my job involves me speaking to opinion leaders and Professors at the highest level of the NHS every week, what are your educational and professional credentials?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: June 03, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »

Woodsey deffo likes to wind up the left leaning people on here. Though he does seem to treat supporting the Tories like following a sports team, rather than an actual political discussion so you are never going to get a debate, why bother?

I really don't' mind it actually, I simply don't have the time that much these days tbh....

Almost every thing you write suggests it's intellect that's the issue, not time.

I'm educated to MA level and my job involves me speaking to opinion leaders and Professors at the highest level of the NHS every week, what are your educational and professional credentials?

Can't really believe I'm answering this heads up for rolllz style question but....I have a B.Eng and a BSc degree, I am a public servant. None of these things, yours or mine are a sensible measure of intelligence.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: June 03, 2017, 11:25:18 PM »

I have "O" Level Latin - can I play?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: June 03, 2017, 11:33:56 PM »

Don't mean to be crude but what is the point spending hundreds of billions on trident and not being able to protect citizens from attacks like we are seeing on the tv screens just now. 
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: June 03, 2017, 11:34:39 PM »

Can't really believe I'm answering this heads up for rolllz style question but....I have a B.Eng and a BSc degree, I am a public servant. None of these things, yours or mine are a sensible measure of intelligence.

Ok fair enough, but as a minimum can we at least establish that neither of us are thick chavs and we are able to make our own opinions based on our own values and what we have seen/heard in that last few weeks?

Anyway I'm 6 pints in, can we continue this tomorrow?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: June 03, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »

Of course Ralph, but you are old skool, different times different life. Standards have dropped so you would be at the higher end no doubt which is no surprise to me Smiley
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:43:46 PM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: June 03, 2017, 11:38:51 PM »

Sure, you'd be most welcome and probs the brightest of the three of us, kind of my point I guess. Maybe not now though in light of events in London. The decimation of the police force part of austerity still not working out I see.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: June 03, 2017, 11:46:35 PM »

Ok fair enough, but as a minimum can we at least establish that neither of us are thick chavs and we are able to make our own opinions based on our own values and what we have seen/heard in that last few weeks?

Anyway I'm 6 pints in, can we continue this tomorrow?

FFS... Cost me a tenner there, Woodsey!

I had the over   Angry

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: June 03, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »

Raise an A level in general studies.

Looks like some "loser" has struck again.

Why are we continually being targeted over the US?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: June 03, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »

Perceived as an easy target when we keep cutting funding in Police and Border Control maybe?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: June 04, 2017, 12:03:51 AM »

Perceived as an easy target when we keep cutting funding in Police and Border Control maybe?

Was more why we are suddenly a target though, especially when ppl quote the syrian attacks we were little more than a heads up on. Seems the timing has to link to our election but what point are they trying to make it, or is its presence or its disruption magnifying the point they are making.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: June 04, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »

Was more why we are suddenly a target though, especially when ppl quote the syrian attacks we were little more than a heads up on. Seems the timing has to link to our election but what point are they trying to make it, or is its presence or its disruption magnifying the point they are making.

I'm not an expert by any means on this and there's some speculation , as I understand it Isis are getting annihilated in Syria and Iraq, this was bound to be part of the fightback. Latest pics on Sky are from inside Katzenjammers, my favourite spot for a drink on a Friday.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: June 04, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »

Apparently half of the 3000 extremists on the watch list are in London.
 maybe pre election, pre tomorrow's concert, was in their planning.
Presume army back on streets tomorrow.
Sickening.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: June 04, 2017, 12:16:22 AM »

So lets say the election leaves the Tories with the same majority they had before the election.

Does May survive that?

She called the election to "strengthen her negotiating position".

If she doesn't do that how tenable is her leadership?

It's difficult, other than DC and Brexit. Has a PM ever looked this incompetent before?

Yes Gordon 'clown' Brown....Mr turn the taps on and piss away money....Blair was ok until he started really pissing money away....

Always nice to have confirmation from the politically illiterate. Many thanks

Love it!!  The more clowns like you insult any right policy the more you tip it towards Brexits and the conservatives. Please keep doing it  Cheesy

Brexit and another conservative govt incoming, deal with that whinebag 

We saw Arboy contemplate changing his mind. How bad would they have to be for you to follow suit? There must be a point, surely?? The unnecessary suffering of the disabled, sick and poverty stricken. Where is the point that you rethink? Sometimes it feels like dyed in the wool Tories enjoy the suffering of those less fortunate, you more than most.

That's a ridiculous comment.  Just because you have one political view doesn't give you the moral high ground and lecture people with a different view to you.

"Enjoying people suffering because you are a Tory" line is bang out of order.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: June 04, 2017, 12:26:11 AM »

So lets say the election leaves the Tories with the same majority they had before the election.

Does May survive that?

She called the election to "strengthen her negotiating position".

If she doesn't do that how tenable is her leadership?

It's difficult, other than DC and Brexit. Has a PM ever looked this incompetent before?

Yes Gordon 'clown' Brown....Mr turn the taps on and piss away money....Blair was ok until he started really pissing money away....

Always nice to have confirmation from the politically illiterate. Many thanks

Love it!!  The more clowns like you insult any right policy the more you tip it towards Brexits and the conservatives. Please keep doing it  Cheesy

Brexit and another conservative govt incoming, deal with that whinebag 

We saw Arboy contemplate changing his mind. How bad would they have to be for you to follow suit? There must be a point, surely?? The unnecessary suffering of the disabled, sick and poverty stricken. Where is the point that you rethink? Sometimes it feels like dyed in the wool Tories enjoy the suffering of those less fortunate, you more than most.

That's a ridiculous comment.  Just because you have one political view doesn't give you the moral high ground and lecture people with a different view to you.

"Enjoying people suffering because you are a Tory" line is bang out of order.

We make judgements based on all available information. Disabled people are made homeless and die afraid and alone because of the policies this government make. Then we see banjo playing emojis celebrating this government. It's not great if you're upset by what I wrote but it's a tough gig on my side of this divide too.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: