blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Mistake during a transfer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mistake during a transfer  (Read 976 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »

If when you are doing a bank transfer say you get 1 digit wrong does any1 know what would happen? If it was an invalid number, it would return to your account I guess. But what if the account number was an actual real. 1 ? I'm that case would the person be able 2 get there money back
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:13:01 PM »

I think if you notice and let the bank know as soon as possible, they can check it all out and then attempt to recoup the money from the account you wrongly sent it to.  If that person has already seen the money in there and withdrawn/moved it on then i think its gg money & the bank can attempt to recoup money at a later date?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:19:45 PM »

Your message did make my eyes bleed, but it seems it is up to you, and not the bank, to try and get the money back if it is spent.  

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/nov/08/transfer-money-wrong-account-nationwide

edit

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/wrong-account-payments.htm

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

That article is amazing, how can anyone not notice that for so long!

Just re-read my post and it made my eyes bleed as well.  I've only just woken up and I am, shall we say, "hazy" after last night.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: